486 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,598

By Urnyx05, Senior Member on 7th June 2019, 02:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2020, 09:23 PM |#2141  
Flag Dordrecht
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I've tried the latests Gcam's 7.3.018 version 1.8 & 1.7 from Urnyx, both work except from the video function, it force closes when I try to switch to video. Does anybody else experience this bug? My device is the Xiaomi mi 9t/ Redmi K20.
20th May 2020, 04:43 PM |#2142  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winch3rry

Hello all,
Really good the application and I am really happy with ghe usage of the camera. I do not know if anyone has mention that bug, I am an Oneplus 6T user and the telephoto and wide lens are not working. Every time I switch it is force closing the application.
Do you know if a fix is going to be able for that?

The Oneplus 6t doesn't have aux lenses. This feature is for the 7 and 8 series phones. The second lens on the back is just a depth sensor for portrait. There is a setting to remove the aux camera icons from the the viewfinder.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to rick6414 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rick6414 Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 01:17 AM |#2143  
Flag Firenze
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medeon

I've tried the latests Gcam's 7.3.018 version 1.8 & 1.7 from Urnyx, both work except from the video function, it force closes when I try to switch to video. Does anybody else experience this bug? My device is the Xiaomi mi 9t/ Redmi K20.

no problems here, with 1.8 on Mi 9T Pro.. only the view in "selfie mode" for video is stretched...
21st May 2020, 09:55 PM |#2144  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutko82

Yes, Gcam: Urnyx 7.3.018 version 1.7

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

bro, how did you get 1.7 working on the note 10 + snapdragon ? I cleared the app data several times, it still crashes when I open it..
21st May 2020, 11:04 PM |#2145  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfitzes

bro, how did you get 1.7 working on the note 10 + snapdragon ? I cleared the app data several times, it still crashes when I open it..

I am using 1.8. I always uninstall old version and once install new version clear cache and data. Then go into settings and set it up. Telephoto never works so don't turn it in Aux mode, just wide and regular. Everything works great.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
22nd May 2020, 12:39 AM |#2146  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hey,

Xiaomi 9T here on LineageOS 17.1
Camera 7.3 (1.8) works great with minor bugs which are the following:
- image preview on 48mp in dark environments still has horizontal lines, mostly purple and green, image itself stays clear
- video only works on main cam, wide and zoom cam force close the app, front cam just freezes and turns black in preview (being in camera mode long press shutter button to record video works on all cams to record video)
- front cam only captures image in 5MP but could do 20MP, there's not even a setting to toggle that

Thanks for your hard work
22nd May 2020, 03:34 PM |#2148  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same
22nd May 2020, 11:55 PM |#2149  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
@Urnyx05 is possible to make the video recording work in wide lens with with eis?
Thanks

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 09:30 AM |#2150  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsean

I have an OnePlus 7T. Can anybody tell me why every time I take a picture with this GCam it produces a 0 byte video instead? I always disable Motion Photos but that has no effect. This has happened with every version of this particular GCam that I have tried so far.

Omg. This is so frustrating! I can't believe that it's only me that is seeing this behavior.
I am so tired by using the inferior default cam app that I am contemplating going back to the Pixel 3a XL. My 7T is a more superior phone in every way with the exception of its picture-taking ability. Whenever a newer version of this Gcam is released I keep hoping for a solution but it's been 7 months already.

Can someone please help me figure what's going wrong with this app and my phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)