FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Aggressive Doze - New experimental feature for Marshmallow (NO ROOT REQUIRED)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,927

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 12th October 2015, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th October 2015, 06:00 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

Within the new version 2.8 beta (rolling out), there's an early attempt for better Doze mode in control. It currently activate doze mode as early as the screen goes off, and deactivate it when the screen is back on or the charger is connected.

The best part of this feature - NO ROOT REQUIRED! Still you need to perform a one-time procedure with USB-cable and a connected computer, which is surely familiar to many of you XDA members.

This is not the complete solution for a better Doze mode. It is expected to maximize the power-saving effect of Doze mode, but may also break some background functionality of your apps. So I'm listening to all your feedback and opinions, to build a smarter and finer-tweaked Doze mode in Android 6.0.

Together with the "Shallow Hibernation" released in version 2.7, let's start a new adventure of Greenify with Android Marshmallow.

Oasisfeng, what's the normal amount of time before doze activates? Would it perhaps be better to have an option to set the amount of minutes after screen off to start the aggresive Doze?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smultie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smultie Ad-Free

14th October 2015, 12:06 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 931

More
I just test greenify beta, and battery seems like always for now... Tomorrow I'll see better how new greenify works...
14th October 2015, 07:25 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up
No root really ? It would be useful
14th October 2015, 07:27 AM |#14  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 917

More
@oasisfeng
mine is rooted but still the Doze feature is not activated.
Is it only for 6.0 devices?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-14-11-55-33.png
Views:	2276
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	3506078  
14th October 2015, 07:44 AM |#15  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic

@oasisfeng

Yes.
14th October 2015, 10:44 AM |#16  
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic

@oasisfeng

*Clears throat* "Aggressive Doze" is a new experimental feature for Android 6.0
The Following User Says Thank You to BobbyHenceMcGee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BobbyHenceMcGee Ad-Free
14th October 2015, 11:05 AM |#17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smultie

Oasisfeng, what's the normal amount of time before doze activates? Would it perhaps be better to have an option to set the amount of minutes after screen off to start the aggresive Doze?

I‘m thinking about the same thing.It'd be great to have an option to set the time to start the doze mode. It'd be so damn perfect!
The Following User Says Thank You to randy6644 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift randy6644 Ad-Free
14th October 2015, 11:13 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 193

More
Do applications which are set to bypass Doze still work?
14th October 2015, 11:16 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy6644

I‘m thinking about the same time. It'd be great to have an option to set the time to start the doze mode. It'd be so damn perfect!

Great minds think alike!
14th October 2015, 06:31 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smultie

Currently zero. I'm planning for a smarter delay before doze (probably the same as the delay before greenified apps hibernate). But for now, I'd like to push the benefit to the limit for a test run and find the actual drawback of 0 delay.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
14th October 2015, 06:31 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0S

Do applications which are set to bypass Doze still work?

Yes.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)