FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Aggressive Doze - New experimental feature for Marshmallow (NO ROOT REQUIRED)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,927

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 12th October 2015, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th October 2015, 06:31 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR0S

Do applications which are set to bypass Doze still work?

Yes.

15th October 2015, 07:55 AM |#22  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 917

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevles

*Clears throat* "Aggressive Doze" is a new experimental feature for Android 6.0

As i can see, i got the answer above your post..yours is not different too.
15th October 2015, 07:56 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nexus 5 Non-Root Android 6.0
I had successfully granted the permission to Greenify using the USB method. However I am seeing all the applications only under "Pending Manual Hibernation". I am not sure whether they are hibernating or not. I had chosen the "Aggressive Doze" option in the Experimental features. Is there any problem?
15th October 2015, 08:09 AM |#24  
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atulclassic

As i can see, i got the answer above your post..yours is not different too.

Considering your clear as day lack of awareness of such things as titles, I thought maybe that lack of awareness also applied to message content. Either way, you're now aware of what a title is.
15th October 2015, 08:20 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 227

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

You can still do that in Android 6.0 final version, but highly discouraged.

What did you mean by highly discouraged mate?
15th October 2015, 08:22 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
wow thats awesome news !!
Has anyone tested this on a Nexus 5 without root yet?
Im barely getting 4 hours and am still on lollipop because I want a more stable 6.0 version to come out
15th October 2015, 10:00 AM |#27  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkn_13

wow thats awesome news !!
Has anyone tested this on a Nexus 5 without root yet?
Im barely getting 4 hours and am still on lollipop because I want a more stable 6.0 version to come out

More stable than AOSP?
15th October 2015, 11:52 AM |#28  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 18

More
my nexus 5 has never been much of a battery powerhouse, but with the aggressive doze today it was showing 5 days standby time which i have never seen before. How the battery savings translate to increased screen on time will be interesting to find out, but at this stage it looks like i might be able to get an extra 20 to 30 minutes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Broncos15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Broncos15 Ad-Free
15th October 2015, 04:44 PM |#29  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_th

I had successfully granted the permission to Greenify using the USB method. However I am seeing all the applications only under "Pending Manual Hibernation". I am not sure whether they are hibernating or not. I had chosen the "Aggressive Doze" option in the Experimental features. Is there any problem?

Doze mode is an overall state of your device, no matter apps are hibernated or not. So if you enable the Aggressive Doze, it is suggested to leave apps not hibernated, except those you don't want running even when the screen is on or charger is connected.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
16th October 2015, 03:48 AM |#30  
Flag Duluth
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Does this kick into effect immediately? I've noticed when I unlock my Nexus 5 messages take a few seconds to send. Is this normal?
16th October 2015, 07:56 AM |#31  
here's my question. Since doze mode requires the device to be utterly still, and this aggressive doze mode kinda eliminates the 1 hour wait, which means the device will start to go to doze as soon as the screen goes off. But what if you just put your phone into pocket while walking(Screen off). What will happen then? It'll detect your movement ,as a result ,the doze should be gone ,however, your screen is still off, so the doze should kick in again. It sounds like a loop, but it is ?? Will this actually drain battery??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)