FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Aggressive Doze - New experimental feature for Marshmallow (NO ROOT REQUIRED)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,927

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 12th October 2015, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd July 2019, 08:31 AM |#931  
Forum Moderator
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 4,677

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXiTe

Umm, is there a way to check whether Doze is working?

With better battery stats for example. But why should it not work?

23rd July 2019, 10:16 AM |#932  
Thanks Meter: 217

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

With better battery stats for example. But why should it not work?

I only get Doze Interactive Mode logged in BetterBatteryStats which is why I asked. I have never seen any other type of Doze log in BBS.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-07-23-17-15-52-775_com.asksven.betterbatterystats_xdaedition.png
Views:	80
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	4796164  
23rd July 2019, 10:33 AM |#933  
Forum Moderator
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 4,677

More
Quote:

I only get Doze Interactive Mode logged in BetterBatteryStats which is why I asked. I have never seen any other type of Doze log in BBS.

Ok, so your question is related to better battery stats. Please ask your question in BBS thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1179809

23rd July 2019, 02:22 PM |#934  
Thanks Meter: 910

More
Quote:

Umm, is there a way to check whether Doze is working?

GSAM Battery Monitor will give you both light idle and deep idle doze stats. Some apps will give you just a general doze stat without making the distinction. When I switched to a Pie rom late last year a few apps were reporting that my phone was entering doze just fine . When I installed GSAM I came to find that my device was only going into light idle doze, but never deep idle doze (actually a common problem on custom Pie roms for my device, as it turns out) . So that's why I prefer an app that makes that distinction.

I now use Greenify's aggressive doze and that forces it to go into deep idle doze, which GSAM bears out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lughnasadh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lughnasadh Ad-Free
24th July 2019, 07:07 PM |#935  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lughnasadh

GSAM Battery Monitor will give you both light idle and deep idle doze stats. Some apps will give you just a general doze stat without making the distinction. When I switched to a Pie rom late last year a few apps were reporting that my phone was entering doze just fine . When I installed GSAM I came to find that my device was only going into light idle doze, but never deep idle doze (actually a common problem on custom Pie roms for my device, as it turns out) . So that's why I prefer an app that makes that distinction.

I now use Greenify's aggressive doze and that forces it to go into deep idle doze, which GSAM bears out.

I have also noticed problem with deep doze using the app you mentioned. But, in my case Greenify isn't helping. Can you post your output of:
Code:
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle
24th July 2019, 09:23 PM |#936  
Thanks Meter: 910

More
Quote:

I have also noticed problem with deep doze using the app you mentioned. But, in my case Greenify isn't helping. Can you post your output of:

Code:
adb shell dumpsys deviceidle

With Greenify Aggressive Doze enabled...
Attached Files
File Type: txt AICP Greenify dumpsys deviceidle.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.3 KB, 8 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Lughnasadh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lughnasadh Ad-Free
25th July 2019, 04:43 AM |#937  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lughnasadh

With Greenify Aggressive Doze enabled...

Thanks. I looked into it. It seems deep doze is broken my ROM. I tried forcing it using ADB and still it wouldn't go into deep doze.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToXiTe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ToXiTe Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)