FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA] Greenify 2.9.5 beta 3 (Sep. 21, 2016)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,919

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 4th February 2016, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is served as a general discussion and feedback for recent beta versions. It will be updated with newest version in title and change log in the first post.

Changelog:
Quote:

v2.95 beta 3
Aggressive Doze now works in non-root mode on Android 7. (Manual privilege granting via USB required)
Improved GCM Wake-up (Xposed) for some misbehaving apps. (e.g. WeChat)
Improved the stability of accessibility service.
Fixed Wake-up Cut-off on Android 6+.
Fixed Shallow Hibernation (Android 6+) in boost mode (Xposed).
Fixed alarm analysis on Android 6+.
Fixed the false "Root privilege not granted" notification.
Fixed the verification failure in a short time after donation package is installed.

v2.95 beta 2
Wake-up cut-off now works on Android 7.0 (root).
Improved the overall stability and smoothness of non-root auto-hibernation.

v2.95 beta 1
Auto-hibernation in non-root mode is now compatible with secured key-guard. No more compromise for device security!
Screen-off by Greenify no longer invalidates fingerprint unlock and Smart Lock. Be sure to enable "Alternative Screen Off" in settings.
Aggressive Doze and doze notification is now compatible with Android 7.0 in root and boost mode. (support for non-root mode on the way)
Tasker plug-ins for toggling Auto-Hibernation and Aggressive Doze.
Improved app state detection on Android 6.0+.

Known issues
Doze on the Go is not yet compatible with Android 7.0 in non-root mode. We are seeking for a proper solution.

Get beta versions
Opt-in to beta channel or download the apk file.
The Following 70 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free

4th February 2016, 04:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1,377

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

This thread is served as a general discussion and feedback for recent beta versions. It will be updated with newest version in title and change log in the first post.

Changelog:

Known issues
None.

Get beta versions
Opt-in to beta channel or download the apk file.

Works on my Nexus 6! awesome stuff!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to italia0101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift italia0101 Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 05:11 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia0101

Tried the aggressive doze on my Nexus 6 ,,
Had it plugged into my PC with a logcat running . i used the " battery unplug " command .

I can see it go into Doze on screen off . a new notification says " entered doze mode" , but with a bit of shaking a movement it wakes up , so on the Nexus 6 at least it still gets awoken with motion

Have you granted the DUMP permission manually?
The Following User Says Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 05:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,377

More
Quote:

Have you granted the DUMP permission manually?

No i have root, but with your suggestion from the other thread it seems to work! so thanks for that, i've edited my post above
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2016-02-04 18.30.15.png
Views:	3486
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	3634156  
The Following User Says Thank You to italia0101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift italia0101 Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 05:47 PM |#5  
Flag Reims
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Problem with galaxy S6 G920f Android 5.1.1 xposed and rooted.
Problem in open setting, FC App in bêta 9.1
The Following User Says Thank You to naudmick For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift naudmick Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 05:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naudmick

Problem with galaxy S6 G920f Android 5.1.1 xposed and rooted.
Problem in open setting, FC App in bêta 9.1

Sorry, I messed up with Android 4.x & 5.x in beta 1, a fix is pushing out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 12:47 AM |#7  
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Thanks Meter: 441

More
I have a concept to offer for a new beta build.
Is it possible to make a hybrid engine, where we can choose per app the ones we want to be hibernated with the normal mode and what apps we want to use shallow hibernation?
So for example i can set whatsapp for shallow hibernation and fb messenger to normal hibernation mode
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pupet_Master For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pupet_Master Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 02:04 AM |#8  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 51

More
@oasisfeng Just curious if you have any idea how to fix this problem: one of the recent updates of Greenify made my fingerprint sensor during sleep no longer work; I have to wake up my device (turn the screen on) for it to respond again. Any ideas? (I am fairly certain it is Greenify as 1) nothing recently has changed, 2) somebody on the Nexus 5X subreddit also had this problem)
The Following User Says Thank You to draggehn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift draggehn Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 02:36 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupet_Master

I have a concept to offer for a new beta build.
Is it possible to make a hybrid engine, where we can choose per app the ones we want to be hibernated with the normal mode and what apps we want to use shallow hibernation?
So for example i can set whatsapp for shallow hibernation and fb messenger to normal hibernation mode

Ye, that's the plan in the next major version (3.0 probably), which needs a completely redesign of the UI.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
5th February 2016, 02:47 AM |#10  
Daedalus:GlobalNode:HUB
Thanks Meter: 441

More
Quote:

Ye, that's the plan in the next major version (3.0 probably), which needs a completely redesign of the UI.

Thanks, i can't wait for it
5th February 2016, 03:13 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by draggehn

@oasisfeng Just curious if you have any idea how to fix this problem: one of the recent updates of Greenify made my fingerprint sensor during sleep no longer work; I have to wake up my device (turn the screen on) for it to respond again. Any ideas? (I am fairly certain it is Greenify as 1) nothing recently has changed, 2) somebody on the Nexus 5X subreddit also had this problem)

I've never had this issue on my daily Nexus 5X. Do you use nav-bar gesture to hibernate apps and turn off the screen?
Please try disabling some of the features (Aggressive Doze, Shallow Hibernation for example) in Greenify and try again to narrow down the cause.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)