FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BETA] Greenify 2.9.5 beta 3 (Sep. 21, 2016)

1,355 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,927

By oasisfeng, Senior Member on 4th February 2016, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2017, 07:11 PM |#611  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
It would be great to see a fix for the "GCM push for Greenify apps" option as it's been known for quite awhile.
The Following User Says Thank You to sansnil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sansnil Ad-Free

9th October 2017, 07:41 PM |#612  
Flag Navi Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 522

More
I hope @oasisfeng knows that official xposed is out for Nougat. Let's hope he'll update the app soon
9th October 2017, 10:20 PM |#613  
Flag Bremen
Thanks Meter: 2,669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murti52

I hope @oasisfeng knows that official xposed is out for Nougat. Let's hope he'll update the app soon

It was already updated to 3.7.1 today and works with official Xposed on nougat now.
You can get the apk in play store or apkmirror.com

Regards

Sent from my SM-G900F with Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j1gga84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift j1gga84 Ad-Free
11th October 2017, 09:30 AM |#614  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Is the functionality (Xposed) better than with sistem app mode ( privileged ) ?
11th October 2017, 01:04 PM |#615  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,266

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drotaru

Is the functionality (Xposed) better than with sistem app mode ( privileged ) ?

I noticed that the hibernation time is faster.
12th October 2017, 10:13 AM |#616  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivesack622

@oasisfeng I have seen this mentioned multiple times on this forum and Google+ without really being addressed so I will mention it myself and include logcats.

Basically, the situation is that some people have reported duplicate notifications from apps that use GCM push messages. The issue seems to exist only if you have the option to "allow GCM push for greenfied apps" selected in the the Xposed options with the donation package. This issue started all the way back on the 2.9.5 beta 3 and has persisted through every update since. It does not seem to matter if the app is hibernated or not. If you have that option selected, you receive duplicate notifications from apps such as Twitter, Snapchat, and also an app that I use called Storm Shield that gives you severe weather alerts.

What I proceeded to do was follow your "Troubleshooting Guide for GCM Wake-up" and installed AutoRemoteLite to test the issue. The app was not greenfied. With the first test, I made sure the option to "allow GCM push" was selected. I then pushed myself a simple message that said "hi". Sure enough, I received 2 notifications a few seconds apart. I took a logcat of this from just before the sending of the message until about 5 seconds after the arrival of the 2nd notification. I included everything that happened in that time span in the logcat just in case there is information you may need. There are definitely errors in the logcat though and you can see it was sent twice. For the 2nd test, I unchecked the option to "allow GCM push" and triggered the same message while taking a logcat using the same circumstances as the first. This time I only received the notification once and there are no errors in the logcat.

I have included both logcats below and I hope this can be of help to you. I don't know how widespread this issue is, but counting myself I have seen at least 6 reports. If you could have a look when you have some spare time, I would appreciate it. My phone details are included in the logcats and I am running Cm13 with the last nightly available. The first attachment is with the duplicate notification and the second is without. If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks for the great app. Much respect.

Still have this issue with double notification
13th October 2017, 02:42 AM |#617  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by X46X

Still have this issue with double notification

Me too, on twitter...
31st October 2017, 11:59 PM |#618  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
same here
11th February 2019, 04:29 AM |#619  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 295

More
@oasisfeng

Long time pro user here

Are there any plans to support Pie using EdXposed? The module can be enabled but the system breaks when Xposed features are enabled.

Looking forward to your affirmative answer

You would be aware of EdXposed but just in case aren't this may help

https://android.stackexchange.com/q/207633/131553
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)