FORUMS

Greenify with ADB permissions?

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By leeswagger, Member on 21st December 2016, 09:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!
So to make it as short as possible, I'm using greenify on my NON-rooted Nexus6P (7.1.1), and to get more features, I gave greenify the necerssary permissions through ADB. Now.. Even though I gave the permissions the following is unavailable: Shallow Hibernation, Doze on the go and Wake-up cut off... UNLESS I switch into »root« working mode (as if my devices is rooted), then they are available. BUT the app keep telling me to enable root on my device (the features remains enabled though)? One more time, my device is NOT rooted. But will this still work? Since I HAVE given the permissions?
I hope someone can cast some light over this for me!
Thanks!
21st December 2016, 10:27 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 752

More
@leeswagger,

What version Greenify?

Did you run these adb commands? :
https://greenify.uservoice.com/knowl...-some-features

You should not select root mode if the phone is not rooted.

In non-root mode, what happens if you add apps to the hibernate list, one or more are running, and you press the Zzz button to hibernate the apps immediately? Do they successfully get hibernated?
21st December 2016, 10:34 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
[QUOTE=divineBliss;70199315]@leeswagger,

I'm on version 3.0 build 5

I did return to non-rooted mode.

Yes they do get hibernated immediately, and successfully.

And yes I ran the commands on the site you linked to.
23rd December 2016, 01:23 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeswagger

Hello!
So to make it as short as possible, I'm using greenify on my NON-rooted Nexus6P (7.1.1), and to get more features, I gave greenify the necerssary permissions through ADB. Now.. Even though I gave the permissions the following is unavailable: Shallow Hibernation, Doze on the go and Wake-up cut off... UNLESS I switch into »root« working mode (as if my devices is rooted), then they are available. BUT the app keep telling me to enable root on my device (the features remains enabled though)? One more time, my device is NOT rooted. But will this still work? Since I HAVE given the permissions?
I hope someone can cast some light over this for me!
Thanks!

From what I remember, doze on the go really just turns off the significant motion detector (SMD) so it won't get kicked out of doze.

The problem in 7.0+ is that this is locked behind the DUMP permission which can't be granted to 3rd party apps at all via ADB (must be system/signed as such). Most likely you are getting an error trying to grant this permission, so the functionality is not tre.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keijikage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keijikage Ad-Free
23rd December 2016, 08:30 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
Alright.. I didn't get any errors, but I hear what you're saying, guess I have to get rooted at some point... Thanks for your reply though!
11th October 2018, 05:01 AM |#6  
Flag Basirhat
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I cant give adb permission to greenify please help me
I don't know how to use adb please help me with any video or post. For complete information about adb permission of greenify
11th October 2018, 05:42 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 752

More
Google for "adb tutorial"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvishekOfficial

I don't know how to use adb please help me with any video or post. For complete information about adb permission of greenify

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to divineBliss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift divineBliss Ad-Free
16th October 2018, 08:17 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 11,384

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvishekOfficial

I see that you're obviously new to XDA. You double-posted what is usually not well recognised.
You find my reply to your question here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)