FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Greenify Auto Hibernation Not Working In Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Non Rooted With latest M

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK0016, Guest on 30th January 2018, 08:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Greenify can't auto hibernate apps in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running the latest Miui version 9.2.1.0 (details attached in screenshot below).Even after granting all the permissions, Greenify fails to click the force stop button & no apps are hibernated.

This is a major bug and leaves Greenify completely non functional in non rooted phones.

This issue must be fixed ASAP!

Video which shows that Greenify doesn't hibernate apps (CHECK VIDEO FOR COMPLETE INFO) :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3h...w?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot of device details attached below.

Please check and revert.

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to GuestK0016 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestK0016 Ad-Free
GuestK0016
30th January 2018, 08:50 AM |#2  

More
Screenshot Of Device details attached below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2018-01-30-14-00-15-210_com.android.settings.png
Views:	944
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	4404098  
30th January 2018, 02:57 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 9,350

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KauG

Greenify can't auto hibernate apps in Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 running the latest Miui version 9.2.1.0 (details attached in screenshot below).Even after granting all the permissions, Greenify fails to click the force stop button & no apps are hibernated.

This is a major bug and leaves Greenify completely non functional in non rooted phones.

This issue must be fixed ASAP!

Video which shows that Greenify doesn't hibernate apps (CHECK VIDEO FOR COMPLETE INFO) :- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H3h...w?usp=drivesdk

Screenshot of device details attached below.

Please check and revert.

Thanks

Not sure of your expectations or what you are trying to show with the video. Greenify does not remove apps from storage nor immediately reduce their memory footprint (although they may happen over time due to normal LMK behavior). It's singular purpose is to block unwanted background behavior without crushing functionality.

While you may have indeed identified a new 'bug' a single data point (your device) does not necessarily extend to all devices and configs - rooted or otherwise.
GuestK0016
30th January 2018, 03:23 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Not sure of your expectations or what you are trying to show with the video. Greenify does not remove apps from storage nor immediately reduce their memory footprint (although they may happen over time due to normal LMK behavior). It's singular purpose is to block unwanted background behavior without crushing functionality.

While you may have indeed identified a new 'bug' a single data point (your device) does not necessarily extend to all devices and configs - rooted or otherwise.

Yes brother.I know that Greenify doesn't remove apps from storage but what I'm trying to show here is that when you click on Hibernate Now, Greenify force closes the apps but in this case it fails to do the same.I am not the sole user facing this issue.

This problem has popped up after the latest miui update.

Thanks again
Kaushik
30th January 2018, 03:40 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 9,350

More
Quote:

Yes brother.I know that Greenify doesn't remove apps from storage but what I'm trying to show here is that when you click on Hibernate Now, Greenify force closes the apps but in this case it fails to do the same.I am not the sole user facing this issue.

This problem has popped up after the latest miui update.

Thanks again
Kaushik

Appreciate the clarification (might want to shorten and/or annotate the video). So you claim the "problem" is related to the latest miui update but then extend the claim to all unrooted phones and demand Greenify "revert" ... to what?

I do see others raising issues with accessibility based functionality and there may indeed be a link. So far none have stated Greenify flat out does not work, only that automatic hibernation doesn't take place the screen is turned off.

Let's see how this plays out as more reports filter in.
GuestK0016
30th January 2018, 03:54 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey126

Appreciate the clarification (might want to shorten and/or annotate the video). So you claim the "problem" is related to the latest miui update but then extend the claim to all unrooted phones and demand Greenify "revert" ... to what?

I do see others raising issues with accessibility based functionality and there may indeed be a link. So far none have stated Greenify flat out does not work, only that automatic hibernation doesn't take place the screen is turned off.

Let's see how this plays out as more reports filter in.

Yes!You are correct.In a nutshell with the latest Miui Update (9.2) , Greenify doesn't hibernate the apps after screen lock even after being granted all the required permissions.

This happens in non-rooted devices

Hope that we will find a fix soon

Thanks a lot!
Kaushik
4th February 2018, 04:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Turn Off MIUI Optimisation
I had same problem on my Mi Max 2 after MIUI update. To solve it just disable MIUI optimization under developer settings and reboot, Greenify will work again as it used to work before MIUI update.
The Following User Says Thank You to jai220 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jai220 Ad-Free
4th February 2018, 07:42 AM |#8  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,575

More
Quote:

Yes!You are correct.In a nutshell with the latest Miui Update (9.2) , Greenify doesn't hibernate the apps after screen lock even after being granted all the required permissions.

This happens in non-rooted devices

Hope that we will find a fix soon

Thanks a lot!
Kaushik

Check v3.9.5 on Play Store. It seems to have the solution for your issue.
GuestK0016
4th February 2018, 01:50 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jai220

I had same problem on my Mi Max 2 after MIUI update. To solve it just disable MIUI optimization under developer settings and reboot, Greenify will work again as it used to work before MIUI update.

Thanks!

This solved the problem!
GuestK0016
4th February 2018, 01:50 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

Check v3.9.5 on Play Store. It seems to have the solution for your issue.

Thanks!

This solved the problem!
GuestK0016
4th February 2018, 01:54 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jai220

Are you able to grant special ADB Permissions via Pc brother in non rooted Mi device?

In my case,with usb debugging enabled and all permissions granted,I get an error saying "Neither user 2000 nor......."

Kindly help

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)