FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Greenify + fingerprint not working?

1,668 posts
Thanks Meter: 470

By stas333, Senior Member on 28th July 2016, 02:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
I updated my Note 5 last night to the latest update from sprint and now unlocking the phone with fingerprint does not work if i use greenify to lock the screen. Prior to the update, also on android 6.0.1, i was able to lock the phone using greenify and unlock with my fingerprint. How can i fix this?

Thank you
29th July 2016, 06:16 PM |#2  
Flag Djakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,174

Donate to Me
More
Try removing and re-adding finger to the security setting
29th July 2016, 08:54 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by otonieru

Try removing and re-adding finger to the security setting

Unfortunately that did not help. This is the July 1st update that broke fp scanner
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160729-145209.png
Views:	406
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	3827643  
The Following User Says Thank You to stas333 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stas333 Ad-Free
27th July 2017, 01:38 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I had the same problem and solved it by enabling the 'Alternative screen off mode' in the Greenify settings. And I also made Greenify a device administrator. Now the fingerprint scanner unlocks the lock screen on my device (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) again. It may not work on some devices it says in the setting.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joshi77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joshi77 Ad-Free
23rd August 2018, 04:00 PM |#5  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Solved!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshi77

I had the same problem and solved it by enabling the 'Alternative screen off mode' in the Greenify settings. And I also made Greenify a device administrator. Now the fingerprint scanner unlocks the lock screen on my device (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) again. It may not work on some devices it says in the setting.

Thanks a lot for the tip, it solves the issue in mine Redmi Note 4x (Mido), with the [ROM][OFFICIAL][8.1.0][MIDO] Pixel Experience [AOSP][r1].

19th September 2019, 05:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshi77

+2 years later with Greenify 4.7.1 this tip is still helpful thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)