Thanks Meter: 41

By C5Longhorn, Senior Member on 12th November 2018, 01:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2019, 03:04 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 9,234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sydney

i guess the thing overlooked now that process/memory management is much better is that its kind of insane to be installing Greenify, and then having to exclude it from that process/memory management, so that it can do arguably a slightly worse job.....bit mad, and not the fault of Greenify, its users not using it properly (but its had that problem since it launched - people greenifying everything for example lol). Also not its fault is that people have gotten so used to installing it with every ROM flash, so its a learned habit, and they never try a ROM without it installed, so they never figure out they dont necessarily need it...

Im not trying to rubbish Greenify in any way at all, it was probably the first utility app i ever purchased right back when it first came out, and it did save my (and a millionty) other peoples bacon for years....i never regretted buying it, and thats not always been the case with utility app purchases...most have been next to useless!

Yep - it's a tool that can still yield tangible benefits if used judiciously. Xposed extensions increase potency and sidesteps battery optimization woes. When Xposed isn't an option Greenify still works fine with simple adjustments. That said, I fully agree it is not needed on most modern devices/ROMs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free

23rd January 2019, 11:42 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
It's definitely useful in some cases. Instagram is one of those apps that bypass Android battery controls. I have battery optimization on, background data off, battery restriction on, and background check off (in developer options) and it still runs in the background. Even regular hibernation doesn't work. I have to use Island and Greenify to freeze it on screen off.
The Following User Says Thank You to lohanchien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lohanchien Ad-Free
8th May 2019, 03:48 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sydney

i guess the thing overlooked now that process/memory management is much better is that its kind of insane to be installing Greenify, and then having to exclude it from that process/memory management, so that it can do arguably a slightly worse job.....bit mad, and not the fault of Greenify, its users not using it properly (but its had that problem since it launched - people greenifying everything for example lol). Also not its fault is that people have gotten so used to installing it with every ROM flash, so its a learned habit, and they never try a ROM without it installed, so they never figure out they dont necessarily need it...

Im not trying to rubbish Greenify in any way at all, it was probably the first utility app i ever purchased right back when it first came out, and it did save my (and a millionty) other peoples bacon for years....i never regretted buying it, and thats not always been the case with utility app purchases...most have been next to useless!

Same with me. Greenify is my first buy
I use greenify widget "sleep and hibernate now" to turn my screen off.
Is there any other apps that can substitute greenify for that purpose?
I like screen off method of greenify because when we turn on the screen, we can use fingerprint (as far as i know other screen off apps must use pin/pattern to turn the screen on)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)