Post Reply Email Thread
24th September 2015, 10:43 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

Yes.

Are you sure it's only for donation?
I currently use the donation and see the scissors for some of the apps, but if I remember correctly, in the past before I had the donation key, I also had the scissors just by using xposed.

24th September 2015, 12:38 PM |#22  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi11

Are you sure it's only for donation?
I currently use the donation and see the scissors for some of the apps, but if I remember correctly, in the past before I had the donation key, I also had the scissors just by using xposed.

On checking back, it is noticed that it was part of donation pack to start with and then became free. Not very sure where it stands now.
I am also speaking from memory since I am using donation pack for quite a long time.
Sorry if my earlier post misled you. I should not have been so categorical.
24th September 2015, 01:12 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 317

More
No problem.
I'm also using donation anyway
24th September 2015, 02:52 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 6,927

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saadtariq73

thanks, but see SS no scissor sign

Just select the apps woken by others, not long pressing.
The wake-up cutoff also works in root mode since Android 4.4 (Both Xposed and donation package are not required).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oasisfeng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift oasisfeng Ad-Free
29th November 2015, 05:25 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm on a rooted Nexus 4 running stock 5.1.1 with Greenify 2.7.1. I have the Greenify "Hibernate Now" shortcut on my home screen. It used to be that I could use this shortcut to hibernate facebook but recently, it does not hibernate facebook. I have to go into recent apps and remove facebook before the shortcut will work. Anyone know how to resolve this?
30th November 2015, 05:33 AM |#26  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobuddy

I'm on a rooted Nexus 4 running stock 5.1.1 with Greenify 2.7.1. I have the Greenify "Hibernate Now" shortcut on my home screen. It used to be that I could use this shortcut to hibernate facebook but recently, it does not hibernate facebook. I have to go into recent apps and remove facebook before the shortcut will work. Anyone know how to resolve this?

I think that Facebook is working in the background which interferes with hibernation.

You can try this. When you find that Facebook is not hibernated, open Greenify and select Facebook by tapping and then 'zzz' at the bottom right. You may get a pop-up saying that apps in this state will not be hibernated. It will also give an option to ignore its state. Check that and then manually hibernate it. After this, the shortcut will work.
The Following User Says Thank You to TNSMANI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TNSMANI Ad-Free
30th November 2015, 05:23 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsmani

I think that Facebook is working in the background which interferes with hibernation.

You can try this. When you find that Facebook is not hibernated, open Greenify and select Facebook by tapping and then 'zzz' at the bottom right. You may get a pop-up saying that apps in this state will not be hibernated. It will also give an option to ignore its state. Check that and then manually hibernate it. After this, the shortcut will work.

That works, thanks!
30th November 2015, 05:26 PM |#28  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobuddy

That works, thanks!

Glad to know that I was able to help.
6th February 2016, 09:57 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 718

More
Sorry to bump this thread, but it seems like in order to cut off ALL triggers that can wake Facebook, you need to catch each instance of Facebook being woken and hit the Scissors button right?

The problem is there's many apps that can wake it--many games that have a Facebook friends or high scores list, you need to keep track of. It would be nice if there's an option to prevent ANYTHING from waking the app up except by launching on its own.
6th February 2016, 10:01 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580

Sorry to bump this thread, but it seems like in order to cut off ALL triggers that can wake Facebook, you need to catch each instance of Facebook being woken and hit the Scissors button right?

The problem is there's many apps that can wake it--many games that have a Facebook friends or high scores list, you need to keep track of. It would be nice if there's an option to prevent ANYTHING from waking the app up except by launching on its own.

What scissors button? I would be happy even w/the option to kill each one individually. I didn't know such an option existed.
7th February 2016, 08:50 AM |#31  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmo580

Initially Greenify had the option to cut off one by one the apps waking up the hibernated app. Subsequently in one of the updates, it changed to one single cut off for all the apps waking up the hibernated app. Then there were requests for bringing back the original option and the Dev promised to do something about it.
I don't know what the current implementation is, whether the Dev made good his promise or not.
You are sure about cutting off one by one? (I don't use Facebook and that is why the query).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)