Hibernate apps but they wake back up... Facebook for one

Search This thread

Abelbahar

May 7, 2016
Hmm, quite difficult to take a screenshot, as I can't find another app on my device which wakes up other apps as I have already cut off all such apps.

Try the following steps:

1. Open an app of which you know that it wakes up FB.
2. Close this app or go back to your homescreen.
3. Open Greenify and go to the section, where all apps that are greenified are shown (not the section where you can add apps to be greenified!) -> should be start page by default.
4. Now you should see that the app you have opened is running, but also FB, which has been woken up by this app.
5. Long press on the FB entry.
6. Now the scissor symbol should appear in the action bar and you can prevent FB from being woken up.

I have tried this but the scissor does not appear and most of the apps iHave wake up by them self like whatsapp or facebookOr messenger what can ido to stop them

Portgas D. Ace

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2014
Bergisches Land
Nexus 7
Google Pixel 6
I have tried this but the scissor does not appear and most of the apps iHave wake up by them self like whatsapp or facebookOr messenger what can ido to stop them
Ungreenify them, as the constant hibernate-wakeup causes more drain than you will be able to save. For FB Messenger, use some lightweight alternatives such as FB Lite (as long as you don't care about chat heads).

I don't greenify Whatsapp, as it's drain is quite okay, no more heavy drain as it has been in the past.

Reactions: DB126 and Abelbahar

Abelbahar

May 7, 2016
Ungreenify them, as the constant hibernate-wakeup causes more drain than you will be able to save. For FB Messenger, use some lightweight alternatives such as FB Lite (as long as you don't care about chat heads).

I don't greenify Whatsapp, as it's drain is quite okay, no more heavy drain as it has been in the past.

I downloaded the fb lite... And its good thanks but still I used the USB debbuging to enable the wake-up cutoff and the wake up tracer the wake-up tracer is working fine but the cutoff is not working at all I don't even see a sign for it... What can I do to find it I'm not rooted im using lollipop

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
I downloaded the fb lite... And its good thanks but still I used the USB debbuging to enable the wake-up cutoff and the wake up tracer the wake-up tracer is working fine but the cutoff is not working at all I don't even see a sign for it... What can I do to find it I'm not rooted im using lollipop
In the section titled "will hibernate soon after screen goes off" you should see a list of woken apps along with the reason (trigger) below in smaller font. Tap (not long press) the item in question; a scissors iron should appear in the top bar.

Tested using v3.0B2 on rooted lollipop. YMMV.

Abelbahar

May 7, 2016
In the section titled "will hibernate soon after screen goes off" you should see a list of woken apps along with the reason (trigger) below in smaller font. Tap (not long press) the item in question; a scissors iron should appear in the top bar.

Tested using v3.0B2 on rooted lollipop. YMMV.

I can't seems to find it I'm using greenify v3.0B2 not rooted lollipop. if you can send me a screenshot it would be great

DB126

Oct 15, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-11-13-16-30-05.png
    Screenshot_2016-11-13-16-30-05.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 394
Reactions: Abelbahar

zolee_

Dec 16, 2010
I dont even see wakeup tracker info under app name. There are no scissors either. Wake up tracker is turned on in settings. Tried reinstalling, wiping cache & data. Using donation version on S5 Thunderbolt 4.5 Rom.
Any ideas why there is no wake up tracker info and scisors?

EDIT: Ignore this, I found a similar topic

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FylipeJ

Sep 24, 2015
I had the same problem. I installed greenfy free and saw what wakes up my apps... After i installed " Disable Services " and disable two services. It works for me, sorry my bad english.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170101-164257.jpg
    178 bytes · Views: 593

eduaponce

Sep 27, 2012
Buenos Aires
LG V60 ThinQ
I dont even see wakeup tracker info under app name. There are no scissors either. Wake up tracker is turned on in settings. Tried reinstalling, wiping cache & data. Using donation version on S5 Thunderbolt 4.5 Rom.
Any ideas why there is no wake up tracker info and scisors?

EDIT: Ignore this, I found a similar topic

Sent from my SM-G532F using Tapatalk

Would you mind to share? I'm in a custom rom and after updating to latest version I'm not able to see scissors anymore.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can u post the screenshot as i m not able to see scissor sign. phone rooted and have xposed.

Hmm, quite difficult to take a screenshot, as I can't find another app on my device which wakes up other apps as I have already cut off all such apps.

Try the following steps:

1. Open an app of which you know that it wakes up FB.
    2. Close this app or go back to your homescreen.
    3. Open Greenify and go to the section, where all apps that are greenified are shown (not the section where you can add apps to be greenified!) -> should be start page by default.
    4. Now you should see that the app you have opened is running, but also FB, which has been woken up by this app.
    5. Long press on the FB entry.
    6. Now the scissor symbol should appear in the action bar and you can prevent FB from being woken up.

If you highlight FB on Greenify there should appear a scissors icon on the top left.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app
    If you highlight FB on Greenify there should appear a scissors icon on the top left.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Ah, yes. This was the option I was looking for. Thank you :)

For other users facing the same problem: selecting the app that has been woken up (still running, not yet greenified) by long-press -> clicking on the appearing scissor symbol in the action bar will open a pop up notification where you have to confirm you want to prevent this greenified app from being woken up by other apps.
    thanks, but see SS no scissor sign :(

Just select the apps woken by others, not long pressing.
    The wake-up cutoff also works in root mode since Android 4.4 (Both Xposed and donation package are not required).