[Q] Issue with greenify on LG G4 (no root)

Search This thread

kronemerk

Jul 7, 2008
I have been using Greenify for quite some time on a rooted HTC M8 without issue, and I very much like the software and its associated battery savings (I contributed to the donation mode as soon as it appeared). Recently I updated my phone to the LG G4 and was pleased to learn that Greenify would work without root as there is not a reliable root method available for this phone.

My only issue with greenify has been that intermittently (from several times a day to once every couple days) the home screen wallpaper is replaced with the apps property window of one of the apps which is being greenified (see attached screen capture). The phone functions normally otherwise, and when I restart the phone the normal background is back.

Phone Specifics:
Sprint LG G4 LGLS991 (NO ROOT)
Android 5.1
Kernel 3.10.49

Greenify version 2.6.2
Experimental Settings
Working Mode: Non-root
Automated Hibernation:eek:n
Greenifying System Apps (limited):eek:n
rest of experimental settings are off

Any advice to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated

Thank You
Keith Kronemer

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2015-07-15-12-20-53.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2015-07-15-12-20-53.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 393

RoadSailor

Jan 18, 2013
I'm sorry I can't offer any help but I have exactly the same issue on an non-rooted, Verizon LG G4 Android 5.1 phone.

I assume I have some settings wrong but I just don't know what they could be.

I have Greenify 2.71 and Greenify (Donation Package) 2.3; if that helps.

Your screen cap (original post above) is exactly what I see, 2 to 3 times per day and, like you, a phone restart returns it to normal operation until next time.

Thanks,

Gerry E.

jamesburgess

Jul 24, 2018
LG G4 and Greenify

When Greenify locks the screen on my LG G4 I cannot open screen with a double tap, like I was able to in the past, I have to push the power button to be able to use my phone. I have Android 6.0, Greenify 4.1, non-rooted. Tried disabling Auto hibernation for manual, same problem. Have donation package (But can't find icon) . Love Greenify, used to work great but have to fix this problem. Please help.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
When Greenify locks the screen on my LG G4 I cannot open screen with a double tap, like I was able to in the past, I have to push the power button to be able to use my phone. I have Android 6.0, Greenify 4.1, non-rooted. Tried disabling Auto hibernation for manual, same problem. Have donation package (But can't find icon) . Love Greenify, used to work great but have to fix this problem. Please help.
Repost; responded here: https://xdaforums.com/apps/greenify/greenify-automate-hibernate-auto-t3738150/post77169643