is privileged mode only compatible with non-root mode?

Search This thread

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
Try setting SuperSU to Prompt for Greenify and reboot the phone. Did you recently update either of the two apps or your ROM? What versions of them are you using?

Sure. I was using Greenify for years without problems. I have rooted LG G3 (Stock Rom, 5.0). Today I opened the app and instead of usual interface I got the "Welcome to Greenify" screen.. pressing Next on this screen opened new screen where it asked me if my device is rooted.. I said Yes. Next screen checked root privilege and after a few moments the app notified me with the red text:" Root privilege is not granted. Please grant it manually in the root management tool/settings.". Well, OK, I went to SuperSU and surprise, it's already granted. The problem now is that Greenify doesn't let me past the cheking root privilege screen since the "Next" button is grayed out so there is no way of using this app. So... what's going on.. Greenify worked for years and now this bull. I have no idea about moving apk's and all this stuff... why it suddenly doesn't work anymore?

Reactions: 0Artur0

Boomshiva

Nov 19, 2015
Mumbai
I'm on 7.0.X not 7.1.1 (OnePlus 3 open beta 8).
what's the second method?

then try the second method it should work for sure
Edit:- it doesnt work on 7.1.1

when the converting process is going on greenify will be uninstalled(i'm not sure that it's uninstalled or moving though)
If this doesnt work just move greenify apk to root>system>Priv App and restart your device :good:

sorry, what do you mean by during?

Privilege mode only works when greenify is a system app and not a user app so those who facing problems , convert it into system app , manually or using specific apps like tb , lucky patcher and others . I use lucky patcher .
Grrenify version- 3.0 build 5
Android version - 7.1.1
Device - zenfone 5
Thank you

rohitdave

Jun 1, 2016
Bangalore
Hi
I am running RR Nougat latest May 2017 rom,
I have been using greenify earlier with prescriptions.
Now on greenify v 3.5.2 I do not find Prescription in the setting mode.
Can someone please help
By the way Doze works fantastic with greenify and Nougat

i

Last edited:

realista87

Sep 3, 2011
marche
Redmi Note 10 Pro
i am using the root + privileged (rom integrated) mode..... because i used a magisk module to allow it. ( the name is greenify4magisk)....but i am here to ask you.

WHAT ARE THE REAL ADVANTAGES of use this better mode?

ninestarkoko

Nov 26, 2013
i am using the root + privileged (rom integrated) mode..... because i used a magisk module to allow it. ( the name is greenify4magisk)....but i am here to ask you.

Technically, apps that are in /system partition (priv-app folder) have more permissions and freedom. So it can help with the job that greenify does (stopping apps, listening to awakes, hibernating system apps,....).
If you want more details you must ask the author, but probably you won't receive any answer as the app is closed-source.
I suggest you to convert it to a system app (privileged mode): it COULD solve problems and make it faster and more battery friendly.

Reactions: DB126

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I first deactivated Greenify from being a Device administrator, then moved the base.apk from
    "/data/app/com.oasisfeng.greenify-1"
    Into
    "/system/priv-app",
    renamed it to Greenify.apk, changed the permissions to 644, then rebooted.

I have since gone back to original location to use in "Root + Boost (Xposed)" mode since it's not clear to me that there's any advantage in privileged mode for my case of having Xposed available :) .

Good day.
    What did you do, to make it work in privileged mode?
    Moved greenify to system apps with titanium backup and then moved the file to priv-apps or
    moved the base.apk file to priv-apps with solid explorer?
    I Already bootlooped the phone once.
    Thank you.
    Privileged mode isn't available for Android N yet, correct?
    Why would that be? Seems privileged mode is an ideal fit for Android N given lack of Xposed support.
    i can also select root+priviliged mode but the notification always stays in the notification panel..hope it'll get fixed in next build btw whats your android version?
    I dont have that notification stay on the panel :) . Marshmallow 6.0.1.
    is the privileged mode needed when I already have root + xposed. Does it give me some other features ???
    It's for those who do/can not use Xposed.

Technically, apps that are in /system partition (priv-app folder) have more permissions and freedom. So it can help with the job that greenify does (stopping apps, listening to awakes, hibernating system apps,....).
    If you want more details you must ask the author, but probably you won't receive any answer as the app is closed-source.
    I suggest you to convert it to a system app (privileged mode): it COULD solve problems and make it faster and more battery friendly.