4th September 2015, 10:46 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
2.7 final not working together with whatsapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

Try setting your working mode to Boost.

nothing helps... root, xposed boost, no deep hibernate
I enable data once every hour for 3 minutes with Llama (like Tasker). As soon as apps are in "ZZZ" I dont get GCM push messages. But gsync still works. So I thought I will wake up e.g. whatsapp with Llama and the locale plugin supplied from greenify.

But the locale plugin wakeup from greenify also does not wake up the app. If I press the "play button" in greenify its awake immediately.
Can I start any androide intent to wake up GSM,... ??? Any ideas very welcome

4th September 2015, 11:35 AM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,073

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggg

nothing helps... root, xposed boost, no deep hibernate
I enable data once every hour for 3 minutes with Llama (like Tasker). As soon as apps are in "ZZZ" I dont get GCM push messages. But gsync still works. So I thought I will wake up e.g. whatsapp with Llama and the locale plugin supplied from greenify.

But the locale plugin wakeup from greenify also does not wake up the app. If I press the "play button" in greenify its awake immediately.
Can I start any androide intent to wake up GSM,... ??? Any ideas very welcome

You did activate Greenify within the Xposed module section, right? Without this, the experimental features won't work at all.

The latest version of Greenify (v2.7) should have solved the issue with apps not waking up when done by its plugin for third-party apps like Llama and Tasker (according to the change log). Therefore: update Greenify and try again. Concerning the GCM feature: it seems that for some apps like Whatsapp or Telegram this does not work properly. So don't greenify those apps. It is more or less a trial and error to set up Greenify according to your personal preferences. I do not have Whatsapp whitelisted, for example. But other apps like my email app work flawlessly.
4th September 2015, 03:42 PM |#23  

More
Service 2.7 final not working together with whatsapp
Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

I am on 4.4.4., greenify 2.7. final, root, xposed boost, no deep hibernate ... and all i have written applies to whatsapp ...

1. Why do app "wake" and "sleep" just work from greenify itself, but not from the locale plugin ... if this could be fixed everything would be fine

Does anybody know an alternative way to wake it ... e.g. using an androide-intent ...

2. I just tried an alternative way: As said I enable data once per hour for some minutes. So I started whatsapp when I enable data (all from Llama). Works fine ... so then I thought when I disable data I send "all greenified" to ZZZ using the locale plugin. But that also does not work. Greenify states that UI was woken xx:yyy.
It also doesnt go to sleep as usual after 3 minutes this way.
What works though is first killing whatsapp with Llama and then using locale plugin to explicitly send "Whatsapp" (not all) to sleep

---------- Post added at 16:42 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

Would be nice to have some reaction ... I provided logs already on last page (of course they are oudated because of the new version in the meantime), but the prob stays ... and I am willing to help with additional logs
4th September 2015, 04:59 PM |#24  

More
Sign
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasisfeng

What do the following intents do .. how could I use them from Llama/Tasker ?
Broadcast:
com.oasisfeng.greenify.intent.action.Hibernate
com.twofourtyfouram.locale.intent.FIRE_SETTING

WakeupObserver:
com.oasisfeng.greenify.action.APP_WAKEUP
com.oasisfeng.greenify..ACTION.APP_WAKEUP
5th September 2015, 01:04 PM |#25  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,266

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gggg

What do the following intents do .. how could I use them from Llama/Tasker ?
Broadcast:
com.oasisfeng.greenify.intent.action.Hibernate
com.twofourtyfouram.locale.intent.FIRE_SETTING

WakeupObserver:
com.oasisfeng.greenify.action.APP_WAKEUP
com.oasisfeng.greenify..ACTION.APP_WAKEUP

You may have a problem. But that doesn't give you a license to post it all over the place. I have already read three different sub threads where you have posted the same thing.
Stop it and observe some etiquette.
The Following User Says Thank You to TNSMANI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TNSMANI Ad-Free
6th September 2015, 09:39 AM |#26  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 62

More
@oasisfeng first of all thank you for the great app. I want to report a bug when using cm account phone finder service. I installed greenify but didn't hibernate any app, I just checked the option ''GCM push for greenified apps'' and then I find out that cm account phone finder service is broken. Without this option checked, the service is working and locating my phone instantly.
Device model: LG Nexus 4
ROM: Cyanogenmod cm 12.1
Android version: 5.1.1
Working mode of Greenify (Root or Boost): Boost
Is "Deep Hibernation" also enabled: No
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-06-10-10-21.png
Views:	472
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	3464436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-06-13-02-01.png
Views:	438
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	3464493  
2nd October 2015, 09:05 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Device model: LG G3
ROM: Stock Lollipop
Android version: 5.0.1

WeChat doesn't do GCM push when greenified.
3rd October 2015, 06:48 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzel

Device model: LG G3
ROM: Stock Lollipop
Android version: 5.0.1

WeChat doesn't do GCM push when greenified.

This is bad... really bad... this must go to sleep... hibernate... greenified... (tencent is wechat)

Click image for larger version

Name:	1443894456765.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3494523

Sent from my LG-D858HK using XDA Free mobile app
25th October 2015, 10:32 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Facebook app and Messenger.

When both apps are greenified and my phone screen is off, I can't receive push notifications. Then, if I turn on my screen the notification appears and if I go to Greenify I can see that my app was awaken by push since XX min.

So basically, the apps actually receives the push but it is not able to show the notification when the screen is off.

When apps are not greenified, no problem, push notifications work great even with screen off. This problem occurs only with Facebook app and messenger, others greenified apps with push notifications work great.

I am root with xposed on a S4 mini with CM 12.1. I use the latest version of Greenify with donation package. I tried the latest beta but the problem still occurs. I also tried to uninstall/install Facebook app and Messenger.

Just one more thing, everything was working great last week. Is it possible Facebook changes something in their apps in the last update ? If yes, is someone facing the same problem ?

Thanks for your help.
26th October 2015, 07:40 AM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bergisches Land
Thanks Meter: 3,073

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzy90

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my Facebook app and Messenger.

When both apps are greenified and my phone screen is off, I can't receive push notifications. Then, if I turn on my screen the notification appears and if I go to Greenify I can see that my app was awaken by push since XX min.

So basically, the apps actually receives the push but it is not able to show the notification when the screen is off.

When apps are not greenified, no problem, push notifications work great even with screen off. This problem occurs only with Facebook app and messenger, others greenified apps with push notifications work great.

I am root with xposed on a S4 mini with CM 12.1. I use the latest version of Greenify with donation package. I tried the latest beta but the problem still occurs. I also tried to uninstall/install Facebook app and Messenger.

Just one more thing, everything was working great last week. Is it possible Facebook changes something in their apps in the last update ? If yes, is someone facing the same problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Facebook and its Messenger don't use GCM but their own push service (MQTT, as far as I remember). Therefore, they can't benefit from Greenify's GCM Push feature when they are greenified.
27th October 2015, 11:41 AM |#31  
Flag Governador Valadares
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Altought i've purchased Donation Package, i'm running 4.4.4 and didn't checked the box "don't remove notifications", all the apps that i greenify is leaving its notification behind. Despite that, Facebook and Messenger keeps waking up. btw, donation package + xposed + root.
Greenify Options
Notifications in taskbar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)