FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][1.1] AutoMagisk - Auto-disable Magisk's root when certain apps are running

6,973 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,912

Thread Closed Email Thread
AutoMagisk no longer works, as Magisk stopped supporting this method in v8

AutoMagisk
Automatically disable Magisk root when certain apps, such as Android Pay or Pokemon Go are running to bypass SafetyNet

Note: You MUST have Magisk installed, with an unmodified system and Phh's Superuser. This is very important, AutoMagisk will NOT work otherwise.
Confused on how to do this? See this Android Police guide

Note: Using android pay to pay only works from the screen off with the option enabled in AutoMagisk's settings to disable root when the screen is off. If you try to pay with the screen already on from an app which does not have root disabled, AutoMagisk will NOT disable root in time and you will get rejected.

AutoMagisk has the following features:
- Disable Magisk root when an app is launched and re-enable it when an app that's not also set to disable is launched (usually when the app is closed again)
- Disable Magisk root when the screen is locked (optional, enable in the settings), to probably allow Android Pay to work from the screen being off
- Ignore certain apps: Say you have Pokemon Go set to disable root, and you open Facebook's chat heads, with Pokemon Go behind it. Root will not be disabled, but if you open Messenger without Go being open in the background, root will not be disabled
- Notification when root is disabled (can be turned off in the settings), as a reminder

How does it achieve this?
- An AccessibilityService to monitor app launch
- A background service/broadcast receiver for the screen turning off (turning back on is handled when an app is launched)
Because it uses an AccessibilityService, you MUST enable it in settings. You will be prompted to do this when launching AutoMagisk.

Apps with root disabled by default:
Android Pay
Google Play Services
Pokemon Go
NatWest
NatWest Offshore
Isle of Man Bank
Ulster Bank

Apps ignored by default:
Twilight
Facebook Messenger
System UI

Screenshots:

Still confused? Watch this video to show it in action

Download from Google Drive (Also available on XDA Labs)
The Following 51 Users Say Thank You to Quinny899 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quinny899 Ad-Free

17th September 2016, 07:35 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 2,287

More
Thanks will give it a shot
18th September 2016, 06:27 PM |#3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Very nice thanks. It works perfectly.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
18th September 2016, 09:45 PM |#4  
Flag San Bernardino, California
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Works great thanks
19th September 2016, 04:12 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 394

More
Is there any way to add a way or function to hide the superuser app (I'm using phh.su) too? My cable provider is blocking live streaming for root users and the trigger is the su app.

I flashed nexus factory image and removed Magisk. Should be 100% stock. AT&T Uverse app still blocked live tv. I uninstalled the su app, and live tv worked. Re-installed app without root (as in only installed app, didn't flash any form of root) and live tv blocked again.

If this app isn't capable of doing this, any suggestions would be welcome, even of manual steps are required.
19th September 2016, 10:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Love the app..working like a charm on Oneplus one. Kudos for the author!

Enviado do meu A0001 atrav├ęs de Tapatalk
19th September 2016, 11:04 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone test this to see if its working with the modified systemless root version of xposed, or the normal xposed module?
19th September 2016, 12:17 PM |#8  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 6,339

More
Is there a way to make a donation to get rid of the ads?
19th September 2016, 01:33 PM |#9  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Ormskirk, Lancashire, UK
Thanks Meter: 4,912

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleski75

Is there a way to make a donation to get rid of the ads?

Unfortunately not, as the app isn't on the Play Store and won't be because I believe it will get removed for TOS violation
19th September 2016, 01:40 PM |#10  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 6,339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinny899

Unfortunately not, as the app isn't on the Play Store and won't be because I believe it will get removed for TOS violation

I was thinking more adding the lines of a donation version here on XDA only?
The Following User Says Thank You to daleski75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daleski75 Ad-Free
19th September 2016, 02:31 PM |#11  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 290

Donate to Me
More
unmounting root? what am i doing wrong here ? I have the pph superuser installed
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
automagisk, magisk, root, safetynet
Previous Thread Next Thread