Banking app detects root on multiple devices.

Search This thread

IcY~

Apr 14, 2013
My banking app (PermataMobile X) is detecting root with Safetynet passed and Magisk Manager hidden. I asked some other people to install and see if they can pass the root detection to no avail.

I've tried some little things to narrow down the culprit like:
1. Installed Magisk Manager without flashing the magisk 20.4 zip file (unrooted). Detected as root. Uninstalling the manager immediately allows bank app to work.
2. Flashed Magisk 20.4 without installing Magisk Manager. Detected as root, obviously.
3. Went back to previous versions of Magisk and Magisk Manager. Still detected as root.

Anyone can give any tips on what else I can try to do?

gringo80

Account currently disabled
Jun 8, 2018
My banking app (PermataMobile X) is detecting root with Safetynet passed and Magisk Manager hidden. I asked some other people to install and see if they can pass the root detection to no avail.

1. Installed Magisk Manager without flashing the magisk 20.4 zip file (unrooted). Detected as root. Uninstalling the manager immediately allows bank app to work.
2. Flashed Magisk 20.4 without installing Magisk Manager. Detected as root, obviously.
3. Went back to previous versions of Magisk and Magisk Manager. Still detected as root.

If you can pass SafetyNet (cts profile) try to hide :
Magisk Manager with a random name (mandatory) ... and "Your banking app" must be hidden too along with Google Services of course !

IcY~

Apr 14, 2013
Magisk cannot hide:
Other known root apps (see "Detecting apps requiring root"). (Shouldn't be a problem since even with a renamed manager and magisk unflashed it still works.)
Remnants of previous root method, including any root management apps (a good way to remove most remnants of root is osm0sis unSU script). (Magisk is unflashed and app immediately works.)
Unlocked bootloader (see Unlocked bootloader). (Magisk is unflashed and bootloader unlocked, app still works. I also tried custom rom and the stock rom.)
A tripped Samsung Knox counter. (Not a samsung phone.)
Xposed (deactivate it or uninstall). It doesn't matter if it's systemless, Magisk can't hide it. (Never used.)
EdXposed. Detection of EdXposed can sometimes be worked around with newer release of EdXposed and/or features like the EdXposed Manager blacklist. (Never used.)
USB/ADB Debugging (disable under Developer options in Android settings). (Magisk unflashed and debugging on, app works.)
Developer options. (Magisk unflashed and developer options is on, app works.)
Some Magisk modules - Depending on what the module does, it may not be able to be hidden by MagiskHide. (Tried core only mode which should disable all modules, still don't work.)
Some modifications to /system. Make sure to use Magisk modules... (I'm not sure what this means :c)

From that list it looks like it's something from Magisk itself that's tripping the detection :/
Im going bald from this.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
From that list it looks like it's something from Magisk itself that's tripping the detection :/
Im going bald from this.

If you've tested and confirmed everything else, it is very likely that the app is using a detection method that Magisk currently can't hide from.

Solution? Wait for @topjohnwu to possibly update Magisk/MagiskHide (alternatively, don't install Magisk). When? Whenever he feels like it...

Reactions: IcY~

IcY~

Apr 14, 2013

gaban05

Oct 13, 2011
Jakarta
Have you find the workaround? I am using the same app and face same problem. This app last update gives headache

Tomek0000

Jun 14, 2015
I am hidding root and edxposed using Island and installing intune inside the sandbox. Maybe the same will be with bank apps.

deta312

Sep 28, 2006
Earth Core
@kubis111

i'm happy for you, but please...this isn't your thread so do not OOT, OP problem isn't solving yet

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I am hidding root and edxposed using Island and installing intune inside the sandbox. Maybe the same will be with bank apps.

can you share the apps link?

Last edited by a moderator:

vibrastic

Jan 15, 2010
Jakarta
Any updates on this banking app? I've tried many TaiChi Magisk, Sudohide and Zuper module but no success.
ctsProfile all green, Rootbeer Fresh all green.

Have you found a solution? With latest Permata and Magisk (23) the banking app still does not work...

Spartacus500

Nov 6, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-150605_BBVA.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-150605_BBVA.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 75

Spartacus500

Nov 6, 2014

Found a solution, but can't publish yet. Excuse me 😔

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210711-150018_PermataMobile X.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-150018_PermataMobile X.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20210711-150106_PermataMobile X.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-150106_PermataMobile X.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20210711-150149_PermataMobile X.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-150149_PermataMobile X.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20210711-150113_PermataMobile X.jpg
    Screenshot_20210711-150113_PermataMobile X.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 76

Spartacus500

Nov 6, 2014

Sorry to be just now, but to the point of solution to this,
1. Install the disable services app and disable a process called "S17"
2. Done 👍🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210714-195336_DisableService.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-195336_DisableService.jpg
    507.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Screenshot_20210714-195112_PermataMobile X.jpg
    Screenshot_20210714-195112_PermataMobile X.jpg
    385.1 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: edimonoarfa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are currently several ways of detecting Magisk that MagiskHide can't circumvent.

If the app isn't using one of those (if it is you'll just have to wait for a possible update to Magisk), you can find some tips and tricks here:
    https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_Hiding_root_from_apps
    Im going bald from this.

If you've tested and confirmed everything else, it is very likely that the app is using a detection method that Magisk currently can't hide from.

Solution? Wait for @topjohnwu to possibly update Magisk/MagiskHide (alternatively, don't install Magisk). When? Whenever he feels like it...

Sorry to be just now, but to the point of solution to this,
    1. Install the disable services app and disable a process called "S17"
    2. Done 👍🙂