FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[BETA][2018.7.19] Magisk v16.7 (1671)

1,797 posts
Thanks Meter: 46,205

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 7th June 2017, 10:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2018, 04:40 PM |#5001  
Thanks Meter: 732

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

Have you tried this?
F2FS Loopback Bug Workaround
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...uding-t3577875

Nope, but thanks for the link. I'll try it

12th February 2018, 04:46 PM |#5002  
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

You need to flash a stock boot.img, as you boot.img was patched by another root solution, such as SuperSU. If you did have SuperSU installed, I would flash Unsu.zip first then flash your stock boot.img followed by Magisk.zip, all before rebooting.

Like I've explained before I have clean installed non modified OREO Stock ROM. Only thing - opened bootloader and TWRP installed. Still the same. Modified boot mistake. SuperSU shows a kind of mistake also, but it installs after that and works just fine. And Magisk fails to install on non modified system. Also the problem is that there is NO BOOT. IMG on Oreo for Honor 9. I mean no partion (read "file") with such a name in stock ROM. There is kernel.img with the size close to boot.img (16 Mb), but when trying to modify it it becomes only 7mb and if I flash it to kernel or boot the system will never boot again and I have to clean install it once again.

One thing more I've tried is to make a copy of a block which magisk tried to modify but fails in fastboot mode and tried to modify it with magisk and flash it back to boot or just copy back to the block I've copied it from, but still no luck. System fails to start after that. (((
12th February 2018, 06:02 PM |#5003  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Magisk manager fc when trying to disable/remove entries from superuser tab.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2018-02-12-23-27-02.txt - [Click for QR Code] (29.5 KB, 18 views)
12th February 2018, 06:23 PM |#5004  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuttoosssan

Magisk manager fc when trying to disable/remove entries from superuser tab.

Also on a clean flash all superuser user requests stick to "always" if I don't open magisk manager.

After I open manager, no further requests from new apps will stick.

As long as I don't open manager app the requests stick. So nowadays after a clean flash I always open my root requiring apps and grant them root access. Then only I open manager.

My data partition is f2fs. I read about this in the after making the first post. Hope this helps.
12th February 2018, 11:49 PM |#5005  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 46,205

Donate to Me
More
The latest beta is now online!

I am aware of Xperia issues, can anyone point to anything I can look up to fix the issue? Thanks!
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to topjohnwu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2018, 12:03 AM |#5006  
Thanks Meter: 1,891

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

I am aware of Xperia issues, can anyone point to anything I can look up to fix the issue? Thanks!

Hi John... Maybe this posting here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...9/post75017258

The same user had another post on the 5th January, with some more logs included.

Sent from my HTC U11 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Black-FR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Black-FR Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 12:09 AM |#5007  
Flag Alberta
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

Hello @topjohnwu the link for 15.4 doesn't work and the direct zip download crashes Xda app.

Update: link works, thank you.
Sent from my ZenFone 3 using XDA Labs
13th February 2018, 12:18 AM |#5008  
Flag Mexico city
Thanks Meter: 168

Donate to Me
More
Can you add fix for magisk not mounting data in twrp for Samsung oreo the issue is in fstab
13th February 2018, 12:44 AM |#5009  
Flag Alberta
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Confirmed successfully flashed magisk v15.4 via twrp on ZenFone 3 Laser ZC551KL running on stock 7.1.1, with Magisk Manager 5.6.0.
No issues so far.

Sent from my ZenFone 3 using XDA Labs
13th February 2018, 02:33 AM |#5010  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 296

More
v15.4 work fine, but Magisk Manager 5.6.0 FC.

I'll post a logcat tomorrow.

OnePlus 3 / Resurrection Remix 6 (Oreo 8.1)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATP4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ATP4 Ad-Free
13th February 2018, 02:43 AM |#5011  
Thanks Meter: 254

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP4

v15.4 work fine, but Magisk Manager 5.5.6 FC.

I'll post a logcat tomorrow.

OnePlus 3 / Resurrection Remix 6 (Oreo 8.1)

Umm, there should be a new 5.6.0 Magisk Manager version, so check your version one more time to see if it already up-to-date.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)