FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Blackberry Work App and Magisk

525 posts
Thanks Meter: 100

By napes22, Senior Member on 29th January 2018, 03:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've seen a few threads on the Blackberry Work app, but they all seemed have become idle at the end of 2017. Has anyone been able to run new versions of Blacberry Work with the new versions of Magisk?

I'm running an unrooted custom ROM, but the way new versions of the ROM are compiled (using Android Clang) are triggering the checker. Was hoping I could flash Magisk to hide root and custom rom detection from the app.

29th January 2018, 05:17 PM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 7,117

Donate to Me
More
It depends on what the app is detecting, of course, but take a look under "Hiding root from apps" in the troubleshooting guide. The rest of the post might have some useful tips as well.
29th January 2018, 07:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I ended up installing Magisk and hiding from the app. It works really well, so we can go ahead and close this thread. Thanks for the follow up.
The Following User Says Thank You to napes22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift napes22 Ad-Free
7th February 2018, 04:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by napes22

I ended up installing Magisk and hiding from the app. It works really well, so we can go ahead and close this thread. Thanks for the follow up.

Is BB Work still working for you with Magisk? Our company moved to BB Good (now Work) years ago. I stopped rooting back then since it was too much of a hassle to figure out and I need to have my work email. If this works, the only thing holding me back would be getting official updates from OnePlus. I have the 5T.
13th February 2018, 07:11 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnat

Is BB Work still working for you with Magisk? Our company moved to BB Good (now Work) years ago. I stopped rooting back then since it was too much of a hassle to figure out and I need to have my work email. If this works, the only thing holding me back would be getting official updates from OnePlus. I have the 5T.

Yes I can confirm that magisk root does work with BB Work. You have to use the "hide" function in the Magisk Manager and select BB work.

FYI
I am using a stock rom with root.

Tip: don't use xposed framework if you want a working BB work app.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkwa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Darkwa Ad-Free
19th February 2018, 10:22 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I flashed Magisk in my redmi note 3 kate and installed the magisk manager apk app, everything is working fine, but my question is: Should I install phhSuperUse, rather than this variant has SU because it was built to be installed with magisk ?
Excuse me, I'm not very familiar with the subject and I've been reading about this and I'm a little confused

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

What is the difference when using the magisk modules?
always use xposed framework plus S.U. But since I can no longer download some apps in play store I have resorted to install magisk on my device.
17th September 2018, 02:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,

Is it still working ?
It work with Good for Enterprise , but i am not able to install UEM Client and BB Work ?
UEM Client seems fine and show device as unrooted but then setting up Blackberrry Dynamics failed due to that , any idea ?

Regards,
3rd November 2018, 09:28 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwa

Yes I can confirm that magisk root does work with BB Work. You have to use the "hide" function in the Magisk Manager and select BB work.

FYI
I am using a stock rom with root.

Tip: don't use xposed framework if you want a working BB work app.

I have a message bb work data wiped. And installation fails at the last point. How can I solve it?

Greetings

Wysłane z mojego MI 6 przy użyciu Tapatalka
23rd November 2018, 06:55 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
As of yesterday, blackberry is detecting my root for some reason. Nothing has changed so my guess is that it has something to do with my company's policy changing? At this point I'm very confused
10th February 2019, 09:17 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by napes22

As of yesterday, blackberry is detecting my root for some reason. Nothing has changed so my guess is that it has something to do with my company's policy changing? At this point I'm very confused

I am in the same boat. I can no longer get Magisk 18.0 and BB Work (or any of the BB enterprise apps) to function. I immediately get the "jailbroken" message. I have no idea what changed.

I am going to try 18.1 and will report if things change.
10th February 2019, 11:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCHeF36

I am in the same boat. I can no longer get Magisk 18.0 and BB Work (or any of the BB enterprise apps) to function. I immediately get the "jailbroken" message. I have no idea what changed.

I am going to try 18.1 and will report if things change.

Magisk 18.1, Manager 7.0, and following this guide is what works:

https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide

Make sure the "Basics" are taken care of, manually.

Hide Magisk Manager package under settings, MagiskHide "Work" only now (no "Work Profile" choice present in the new version). I removed all root-requiring apps. The combo here worked. I may go one by one to see if any of those apps made a difference. Regardless, it works following those instructions. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaCHeF36 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DaCHeF36 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)