Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2018, 10:30 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZioArturone

Mi Note 3, MIUI 9 Xiaomi eu.
I upgraded Magisk Manager and now my phone is unrooted. Fortunately I came here to read what's wrong, so I didn't flash Magisk 17.
But now I am unrooted.
What can I do?

Okay, so this is guesswork at best, but if you don't wish to flash v17, what I would suggest is uninstalling the latest magisk manager, and going to your magisk folder to install the .apk of the version before.
See if you're still unrooted, then if you are, find magisk v16 either in your magisk folder, or from a download link, and flash that back on for the time being.
1st September 2018, 10:30 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Is this when updating from Magisk v16.0, Manager v5.8.3? What happens if you uninstall and install v17.0 clean?

Hello,
I was on Magisk 16 and probably Manager 5.8.3. (Xperia Z3C on OmniRom).
Magisk 17 wouldn't flash from Magisk Manager. So I did flahs it in TWRP.
Then I was in bootloop.

In TWRPm I flashed magisk uninstaller to remove it completely and installed Magisk 17.
Bootloop Gone !
Tim
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimMayle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TimMayle Ad-Free
1st September 2018, 10:31 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Is this when updating from Magisk v16.0, Manager v5.8.3? What happens if you uninstall and install v17.0 clean?

Yes. That's exactly what I did. OK. So I now ran magisk uninstaller, booted fine. Then installed clean v17.0 and it works now - no bootloop. Many thanks!
1st September 2018, 10:31 AM |#14  

More
I am having the same problem with magisk manager 5.8.3 + v16 zip. After upgrading to v5.9.0(138) all my previous setting all gone. Plus i can install v17 zip at all.

This is on HTC U11+ with android v8.0
1st September 2018, 10:32 AM |#15  
Flag Shirdi, PUNE
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Same for me had bootloop on android 7.1.2 i was on magisk 16.0 stable. I got notification before an hour. I upadted the apk and it showed magisk not installed. So i downloaded the zip and flashed 17.0 stable zip and had bootloop. So i just cleaned cache and dalvik now phone is started and root and magsik working. But now wifi is unable to switch on
1st September 2018, 10:33 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Also got a bootloop on my Samsung Galaxy S4 jfltexx running Resurrection Remix v5.8.5 (Android 7.1.2). Fortunately I took a TWRP backup before this upgrade and was able to restore it.

But I'm also without root due to Magisk Manager not offering any option other than to install Magisk-v17.0(17000).zip

Some say use the uninstaller or uninstaller.zip but where can I find this? Magisk Manager says "Magisk is not installed" and there's no uninstall-like option to be found.
1st September 2018, 10:33 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Mi Note 3, MIUI 9 Xiaomi eu.
I upgraded Magisk Manager and now my phone is unrooted. Fortunately I came here to read what's wrong, so I didn't flash Magisk 17.
But now I am unrooted.
What can I do?

I'm in the same situation with a s6. After another device (s7) has a bootloop I don't think that i flash the v17 from the manager
1st September 2018, 10:35 AM |#18  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmac

Also got a bootloop on my Samsung Galaxy S4 jfltexx. Fortunately I took a TWRP backup before this upgrade and was able to restore it.

But I'm also without root due to Magisk Manager not offering any option other than to install Magisk-v17.0(17000).zip

Some say use the uninstaller or uninstaller.zip but where can I find this? Magisk Manager says "Magisk is not installed" and there's no uninstall-like option to be found.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

In "Downloads" you have "Latest uninstaller" go to recovery and flash the zip, that should uninstall magisk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dacraun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dacraun Ad-Free
1st September 2018, 10:41 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacraun

Okay, so this is guesswork at best, but if you don't wish to flash v17, what I would suggest is uninstalling the latest magisk manager, and going to your magisk folder to install the .apk of the version before.
See if you're still unrooted, then if you are, find magisk v16 either in your magisk folder, or from a download link, and flash that back on for the time being.

Uninstalled latest MM, installed previous version, then I installed magisk 16.0 via twrp.
It didn't work, I am unrooted.
This update ****ed up all...
1st September 2018, 10:42 AM |#20  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Uninstalled latest MM, installed previous version, then I installed magisk 16.0 via twrp.
It didn't work, I am unrooted.
This update ****ed up all...

Check the first post, I quoted someone flashing the uninstaller and flashing v17 again and it worked. Maybe that'll work for you?
I do suggest doing a total backup in twrp first though. Just in case.
1st September 2018, 10:45 AM |#21  
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 661

More
Same here J7 prime bootloop on magisk 17. had to revert to v16.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)