FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Collection of Magisk Modules

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By LarappsOfDongle, Guest on 22nd August 2016, 03:27 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Collection of modules for @topjohnwu's Magisk!

General Information

I wanted to make a single thread where everyone can contribute and add modules to serve as a one stop shop for modules until the Magisk Manager gets an xposed-like module downloader. All files are attached in the order that they are introduced.

My Modules

Busybox Installer - Credits: YasadSharaf for the binaries
The installer detects what architecture (ARM/ARM64, x86/x86_64, MIPS/MIPS64) your device uses and installs the correct busybox binary accordingly.

Better Battery Stats Installer - Credits: @JudgeDread11
The installer systemless-ly installs the Better Battery Stats app.

Screen Density Changer - Credits: @JudgeDread11
The zip changes your screen density systemless-ly, extract the zip to set the value that you would like.

Debloater - Credits: @JudgeDread11
The zip debloats your ROM, he uses for Asus Zenfone 2 could probably be adapted to many more devices.

Mount Magisk
The simple script mounts the magisk.img to /magisk to allow it to be edited in case a module or script is causing a bootloop.

ViPER4Android Installer - Credits: @topjohnwu edit by me
The installer systemless-ly installs the ViPER4Android app as well as the driver. Detects and supports the x86 V4A driver. It uses the material design version 2.3.4.0 because it is of higher quality than 2.4.0.1. Two zips, one for dark theme and other for light theme.

Ad-Block Installer
The installer systemless-ly installs my ad-blocker, which supports updating by running hosts as root in terminal. The updater utilizes a wget port to android. The entire hosts file is 18 MB and has over 600k unique entries. Hosts is located at GitHub.

Liveboot Installer - Credits: @topjohnwu edit by me
The installer systemless-ly installs the LiveBoot app and script. Credits to @topjohnwu for this one I just edited the settings to the way I prefer it. Two zips, one with boot logs and one without both have 60 lines as default.

Credits & Thanks: Mainly @osm0sis for his awesome odds & ends thread that I used as a template and @topjohnwu for Magisk. Also everyone else who has contributed in any way to installer scripts for various mods, I've tried to include your name by the module you contributed to.

Disclaimer: Naturally, you take all the responsibility for what happens to your device when you start messing around with things.

Contributing: Post a reply with your module attached or a link to it with a short description. I'll add it to the OP with credits and a link to your post. Or even post ideas for modules!

Source Code:Working on it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BusyBox-Magisk-1.25.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.25 MB, 16744 views)
File Type: zip Mount-Magisk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.7 KB, 8522 views)
File Type: zip Ad-Block-Magisk.zip - [Click for QR Code] (553.4 KB, 19608 views)
File Type: zip magisk-liveboot-logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (88.6 KB, 4236 views)
File Type: zip magisk-liveboot-nolog.zip - [Click for QR Code] (88.6 KB, 3682 views)
File Type: zip V4A-Magisk-Dark.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.34 MB, 11710 views)
File Type: zip V4A-Magisk-Light.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.31 MB, 4368 views)
File Type: zip ActionLauncher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.8 KB, 3912 views)
File Type: zip NexusLauncher.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.13 MB, 4228 views)
File Type: zip Debloater.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.4 KB, 4048 views)
File Type: zip BetterBatteryStats.zip - [Click for QR Code] (77.7 KB, 11300 views)
File Type: zip SetDPI.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.1 KB, 5404 views)
The Following 44 Users Say Thank You to LarappsOfDongle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LarappsOfDongle Ad-Free

23rd August 2016, 10:29 AM |#2  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 171

More
These are all very simple modules, but good for noobs like me, who would like some examples.

A better battery stats systemless system app

The sample from the magisk thread, changing screen density by script.

And a sample for a de-bloat module that I use on stock Asus Zenfone 2 laser.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BBS.zip - [Click for QR Code] (77.7 KB, 1430 views)
File Type: zip SetDPI240.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.1 KB, 720 views)
File Type: zip Debloat.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.4 KB, 782 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
LarappsOfDongle
23rd August 2016, 12:06 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread11

These are all very simple modules, but good for noobs like me, who would like some examples.

A better battery stats systemless system app

The sample from the magisk thread, changing screen density by script.

And a sample for a de-bloat module that I use on stock Asus Zenfone 2 laser.

All coming soon, on the road and I keep getting failure to upload.

Nice man! Yeah I whipped these up relatively quickly just trying to get some out there, working on an Aroma that lets you choose the density you'd like to change to.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
23rd August 2016, 01:38 PM |#4  
Flag South Amboy
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
thanks for this. it seems that for me, V4A installs fine, but when i go to use it, it does not work. I did not install the drivers within the app, pretty sure you're not supposed to right?

also, installed the new adblocker and i can't seem to disable it still:

LarappsOfDongle
23rd August 2016, 02:22 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo17

thanks for this. it seems that for me, V4A installs fine, but when i go to use it, it does not work. I did not install the drivers within the app, pretty sure you're not supposed to right?

also, installed the new adblocker and i can't seem to disable it still:

What does it say when you open it?
23rd August 2016, 02:25 PM |#6  
Flag South Amboy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetPanda

What does it say when you open it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
LarappsOfDongle
23rd August 2016, 02:31 PM |#7  

More
Try these or whichever one you used
Attached Files
File Type: zip V4A-Magisk-Dark.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.15 MB, 1862 views)
File Type: zip V4A-Magisk-Light.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.15 MB, 744 views)
23rd August 2016, 02:39 PM |#8  
Flag Anytown
Thanks Meter: 51

Donate to Me
More
removing/disabling modules?
Hi,
I was wondering what the process is for removing modules since there isn't a manager like there is for xposed? Please let me know when you have a moment.
Thanks
23rd August 2016, 02:39 PM |#9  
Flag South Amboy

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatchetPanda

Try these or whichever one you used

the drivers seem to be installed now. no prompt at startup to install drivers, but it still does not appear to be working. i've tried toggling effects via bluetooth and wired headphones and neither work.

I'm on a Nexus 6P, encrypted, Android N Official, Magisk v6, selinux enforcing

LarappsOfDongle
23rd August 2016, 02:53 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptikal

Hi,
I was wondering what the process is for removing modules since there isn't a manager like there is for xposed? Please let me know when you have a moment.
Thanks

Open up the /Magisk folder and delete the module folder that you don't want.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
LarappsOfDongle
23rd August 2016, 02:54 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo17

the drivers seem to be installed now. no prompt at startup to install drivers, but it still does not appear to be working. i've tried toggling effects via bluetooth and wired headphones and neither work.

I'm on a Nexus 6P, encrypted, Android N Official, Magisk v6, selinux enforcing

Play music after you've changed settings and then tap driver status and screenshot it. I'm pretty sure Android N needs permissive.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread