FORUMS

[DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

1,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,134

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 6th September 2018, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2018, 07:19 AM |#11  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,588

More
I just installed this build and it appears to be fine on my device. The logcat was taken in Logcatx using the per app logcat for Magisk Manager. If you would like a full system logcat, let me know, or if you would like any other info such as last_kmsg or dmsg, let me know.

I have been installing through TWRP, since recently I have twice experienced data corruption issues with the direct install method in unofficial builds, noted in the unofficial thread.

As always, Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log_2018-9-09_01-14-44.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.4 KB, 846 views)
File Type: log magisk_log_20180909_011952.log - [Click for QR Code] (74.3 KB, 1056 views)
9th September 2018, 08:09 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Hi, after fullwipe the MM is not installed on first Phone start? Is this a Bug?

I use a S7 Edge with SM 2.8.

Please Help.
9th September 2018, 08:24 AM |#13  
Flag Indianapolis, IN

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedFly

Hi, after fullwipe the MM is not installed on first Phone start? Is this a Bug?

I use a S7 Edge with SM 2.8.

Please Help.

I suggest you download MM from here and try to install it. I have been flashing Unofficial builds of Magisk for some time and this appears to be a common issue. It should not happen if you did a full wipe of the ROM though.
The latest Canary Magisk Manager.apk download:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_...full-debug.apk

Direct download for all of the latest Canary builds:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_.../canary_builds
The Following User Says Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
9th September 2018, 08:36 AM |#14  

More
Thx.

I try a few build... Offi and unoffi.... The only one without this Bug ist the builds from kantjer. All other cant install the MM after a fullwipe. I try this many times
9th September 2018, 08:45 AM |#15  
Flag Indianapolis, IN

More
Quote:

Thx.

I try a few build... Offi and unoffi.... The only one without this Bug ist the builds from kantjer. All other cant install the MM after a fullwipe. I try this many times

By fullwipe, I presume you mean full wipe of the ROM? If not, you must remove the Magisk Manager of the unofficial build before installing this one, as it is signed with a different key.
9th September 2018, 08:57 AM |#16  

More
Yes.. I mean fullwipe by twrp and clean Installation of the Rom
9th September 2018, 09:21 AM |#17  
Flag Indianapolis, IN

More
Quote:

Yes.. I mean fullwipe by twrp and clean Installation of the Rom

After flashing Magisk and rebooting, the app-full-debug.apk will not install? That is a strange issue. Maybe someone else can help.

On one device with @kantjer 's latest build, I first un-installed his Magisk Manager, installed the app-full-debug.apk, opened it, set up the custom update channel to the link in the op: https://bit.ly/2MPKGY5 and hit install, download Zip only, then rebooted to TWRP and installed that downloaded Magisk.zip and rebooted to a working Magisk install.
9th September 2018, 01:41 PM |#18  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 233

More
Hey @topjohnwu,

I've noticed a line just after rebooting using the Canary:

Code:
09-09 14:34:38.542  3913  3913 D Magisk  : resetprop: decode with protobuf from [/data/property/persistent_properties]
09-09 14:34:38.542  3913  3913 D Magisk  : resetprop: prop [persist.magisk.hide] does not exist
I'm not sure if it's important or not for magisk functionality, however I wanted to report it just in case something is off.

I'm using OnePlus 6 with Open Beta 2 (Pie, 9.0).
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk.log - [Click for QR Code] (75.8 KB, 20 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to DenyDarko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DenyDarko Ad-Free
9th September 2018, 06:56 PM |#19  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Somewhere in the static of the Universe
Thanks Meter: 15,412

Donate to Me
More
I'm going to make it my duty to delete any and all posts that are not relevent to what the developer wants or is asking for.

I'll be checking this thread daily from here on out. If I find myself deleting a ton of any reoccurring member's posts, I'll be escalating to consequences.

Please, thoroughly give your posts some thought prior to submitting them, and ask yourself if whether or not it fits into how or what the OP is asking.

Thank you
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to apophis9283 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2018, 09:28 AM |#20  
Flag Castelvetro di Modena
Thanks Meter: 477

More
So, tried last canary, nothing critical to report apart that FGO doesn't work (it crashes like before with error 61), here there are both magisk log and catlog.
Catlog (too big for xda, dunno why): https://mega.nz/#!LUoBQY6L!X--KKkCCz...x1TTSGCh1b-0E4
Magisk log attached.
OnePlus 6 OOS 5.1.11, 8.1 July Patch
If anything else is needed I'll provide it right away
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk.log - [Click for QR Code] (53.9 KB, 30 views)
10th September 2018, 11:39 AM |#21  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua96

So, tried last canary, nothing critical to report apart that FGO doesn't work (it crashes like before with error 61), here there are both magisk log and catlog.
Catlog (too big for xda, dunno why): https://mega.nz/#!LUoBQY6L!X--KKkCCz...x1TTSGCh1b-0E4
Magisk log attached.
OnePlus 6 OOS 5.1.11, 8.1 July Patch
If anything else is needed I'll provide it right away

If you use some module like Enable doze for GMS or some app that made change some file in /system/etc like google.xml, qti_white_list.xml,...
remove/disable that module and try again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)