FORUMS

[DEV] Magisk Canary Channel - Bleeding Edge Builds

1,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,134

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 6th September 2018, 10:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th September 2018, 11:39 AM |#21  
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua96

So, tried last canary, nothing critical to report apart that FGO doesn't work (it crashes like before with error 61), here there are both magisk log and catlog.
Catlog (too big for xda, dunno why): https://mega.nz/#!LUoBQY6L!X--KKkCCz...x1TTSGCh1b-0E4
Magisk log attached.
OnePlus 6 OOS 5.1.11, 8.1 July Patch
If anything else is needed I'll provide it right away

If you use some module like Enable doze for GMS or some app that made change some file in /system/etc like google.xml, qti_white_list.xml,...
remove/disable that module and try again.
10th September 2018, 12:24 PM |#22  
Flag Castelvetro di Modena
Thanks Meter: 477

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjllmeplz

If you use some module like Enable doze for GMS or some app that made change some file in /system/etc like google.xml, qti_white_list.xml,...
remove/disable that module and try again.

No modules installed, app that use root are Titanium Backup, Solid Explorer, MatLog nothing else.
Could it be the custom kernel?
10th September 2018, 02:04 PM |#23  
Flag Cimahi, CGT
Thanks Meter: 984

More
Works fine on me so far, just repeated times of reboot when first time (around day 1 after installing this). And I was facing SafetyNet check false at all but I found workaround for it to made it passes again. Anyway thanks for your works, now Magisk really went well.

Sent from my Mi A1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to gloeyisk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gloeyisk Ad-Free
10th September 2018, 02:58 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloeyisk

Works fine on me so far, just repeated times of reboot when first time (around day 1 after installing this). And I was facing SafetyNet check false at all but I found workaround for it to made it passes again. Anyway thanks for your works, now Magisk really went well.

What was your workaround?
10th September 2018, 03:00 PM |#25  
Flag Cimahi, CGT
Thanks Meter: 984

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devsx

What was your workaround?

Turning off the Check Updates.

Sent from my Mi A1 using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to gloeyisk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gloeyisk Ad-Free
11th September 2018, 03:18 AM |#26  
Flag Christchurch
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

I suggest you download MM from here and try to install it. I have been flashing Unofficial builds of Magisk for some time and this appears to be a common issue. It should not happen if you did a full wipe of the ROM though.
The latest Canary Magisk Manager.apk download:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_...full-debug.apk

Direct download for all of the latest Canary builds:
https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_.../canary_builds

I'm guessing that the person you're replying to performed a wipe after installation of Magisk, prior to rebooting the device.

I'm guessing the flow looked something like:

- 1: boot to recovery
- 2: wipe/factory reset
- 3: flash ROM, GApps, Magisk etc.
- 4: wipe/factory reset again for some reason because lots of people seem to think it's necessary/required, or just do so out of force of habit
- 5: reboot

Not having Magisk Manager installed as a user application on reboot after the fact is an expected side effect of step â„– 4.
11th September 2018, 04:42 PM |#27  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 8

More
So far so good, the only problem is that when i install Adaway, Fate go doesn't run
11th September 2018, 05:39 PM |#28  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,588

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitcode

So far so good, the only problem is that when i install Adaway, Fate go doesn't run

You may need to use Adaway's log dns request feature to determine the url that the game needs to connect and add that to Adaway's whitelist. You must disable add blocking in it before you run log dns requests, then launch the game and find where the game is connecting to. For more detail, you should go to the Adaway thread.
11th September 2018, 05:52 PM |#29  
Flag Mexico
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

You may need to use Adaway's log dns request feature to determine the url that the game needs to connect and add that to Adaway's whitelist. You must disable add blocking in it before you run log dns requests, then launch the game and find where the game is connecting to. For more detail, you should go to the Adaway thread.

But since adaway modif the /system directory the game is not crashing, is detectting that the phone has root with error 61, is still a adaway problem? because i had Magisk with adaway and Fate go running at the same time before the game update to the last version that detects magisk, until this canary build.
11th September 2018, 09:56 PM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,493

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitcode

But since adaway modif the /system directory the game is not crashing, is detectting that the phone has root with error 61, is still a adaway problem? because i had Magisk with adaway and Fate go running at the same time before the game update to the last version that detects magisk, until this canary build.

As long as you have the systemless hosts option turned on in Magisk then Adaway is not modifying the system directory. Please go to the Adaway thread for further discussion on this topic, I assure you it's not a Magisk problem.

If the game is detecting root (with the Canary build) that's another issue but you'd first have to make sure that you hid everything properly and if still failing logs would be needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
12th September 2018, 02:12 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I can confirm FGO is working on Oneplus 5 PixelExperience P with AdAway
1. flashed fgo_patch.zip from this thread from reddit
2. disabled AdAway hosts
3. installed Magisk Canary
4. Set up Magisk Hide and enabled systemless hosts
5. enabled AdAway hosts
6. Rebooted

Game crashed few times at launch but after checking and unchecking it under Magisk Hide menu few times it seems to have stopped, not sure why was that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)