[Discussion] Bypass root detection Fidor banking app

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

By h0l, Senior Member on 8th June 2019, 01:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2019, 01:04 PM |#21  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

You're going to have to start digging deeper then...

Well, I'm out of ideas. I will get my hands on a Note 10 within the next few weeks and will start from scratch so if it won't work this way, there is nothing I can do about.
24th August 2019, 12:01 AM |#22  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

You're going to have to start digging deeper then...

After I have now got my hands on the new Note 10+ I can confirm it still won't work, as soon as it detects Magisk. If I restart the device (to boot without Magisk), it works just fine. If I enable Magisk at boot time, it stops working again.

So issue still persists. There is nothing else installed. Pure stock with unlocked bootloader, Fidor and Magisk (hide for Fidor enabled, Manager hidden).
26th August 2019, 06:08 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Yes, also nothing else I've tried works.
So fidor is a no go, same with Ingress Prime, no problem with pokemon go or wizards unite.

So Fidor must have been doing something that none of the other coders could do
27th August 2019, 06:05 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I followed the advice from Didgeridoohan, and the Fidor app is working for me using Magisk 19.4 with hidden manager + manager hide option active on the Fidor app . I just had to remove the Fidor app completely, and reinstall for it to work.
Using Xiaomi Note (MIUI 10.3.2) and Android Pie
19th September 2019, 09:54 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have the same problem with the "Kontist" banking app. Following the various advices on this thread I am using:

Magisk Manager 19.4 (19309) Canary Branch
Magisk 7.3.3 (234)
Repackaged with random package name
Passing safety net successful
Kontist enabled in Magisk Hide

Still the app detects root.
I was able to hide root from it about 3 weeks ago before switching to Pie when I registered my account and started using it. But after changing roms (and treble-izing) on my Zte axon 7 it does not work anymore. Might it be a rom issue? Or did they update their app with a check that magisk does not know about yet?
So now I do have money there but don't have access to it.. help ^^?
19th September 2019, 10:42 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
4 me, Fidor does not even start on Stock ROM. Afaik bootloader state does not leak on Zenfone2 series stock kernel, still it does detect something. Or its a whitelist of only flagships, who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoban

So Fidor must have been doing something that none of the other coders could do

Yomo seems to have the same checks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleity

I have the same problem with the "Kontist" banking app.

Kontist was easy, on the other side... Just hidden in Magsik 19.3
21st September 2019, 11:36 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr4sHCr4fT

Kontist was easy, on the other side... Just hidden in Magsik 19.3

Apparently not anymore, yes a few weeks ago that worked, but current version detects root regardless of magisk hide
14th October 2019, 06:41 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Magisk 20.0 - Fidor is still not working :/
14th October 2019, 07:23 AM |#29  
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,825

Donate to Me
More
I know this is gonna be frustrating for some, but here's a heads-up that I've just tested the current versions of the apps mentioned in this thread (Fidor v3.15.1.0, Yomo 2.0.5.253 and Kontist 2.1.10). None of them detected root on my device after adding them to the Hide list... (Magisk Canary 20001, Manager 245, but at the moment that shouldn't differ from current stable).

What does this mean?

It means that Magisk is perfectly capable of hiding root from these apps. But, it's likely that there are also things that the apps are looking for that I don't have on my device but those of you that can't use the apps do have. Things that Magisk cannot hide... That could be a specific root app (Titanium Backup is a favourite to look for, for example), it could be KNOX if you're using Samsung (in which case you're pretty much screwed), it could be something else.

It also means that one of you need to do some more digging to figure out what's actually going on.
17th October 2019, 07:47 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
FWIW: The issue with Fidor banking (branded version: o2banking 2.20.1) not loading (redirecting to web page explaining my device was insecure) was 'magically' solved when I updated Magisc to v. 20.0 (20000).

Android Pie, M.20.0, Magisc Hide with Fidor (and Paypal) enabled, Developer options enabled, OEM unlocked (but vendors bootloader installed, no TWRP etc.).

HTH
24th October 2019, 04:46 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
https://mobile.twitter.com/topjohnwu...60684900323328

This could be the solution for Pie (y)
FYI @Didgeridoohan yes, this was my impression at first AS well.. However with "root" apps in the device installed (adaway) and magisk/root removed from the device, Fidor started working again for me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)