FORUMS

[Discussion] Google Pay Magisk Discussion Thread

9,880 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,822
 
By Didgeridoohan, XDA Ad-Free Forum Moderator / Developer Relations on 3rd March 2019, 09:41 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This thread is inspired by the PoGo Magisk discussion thread. It's meant to keep the clutter of "Google Pay doesn't work" posts out of the main Magisk threads.

Please use this to discuss issues with Google Pay and possible solutions.


There's a working solution here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...2-pie-t3929950
And a Magisk Module for it here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...8#post79643248
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 09:55 AM |#2  
sisqoboy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Hoping solution is coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-28-18-12-24-793_com.google.android.gms.jpg
Views:	15910
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	4715879  
The Following User Says Thank You to sisqoboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sisqoboy Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 09:56 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
My GPay suddenly stopped working in the last few days. Didn't update/install anything, but possible GPay updated itself in the background.

Specs as follows:
OnePlus 6T, OOS9.0.7 rooted
Magisk v18.1, Magisk Manager v7.0.0(185)
Magisk hide: Google Seach, Google Pay, Google Play Store, Pokemon Go
Magisk Manager package hidden/repackaged

Any solution would be greatly appreciated..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregwee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gregwee Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 10:57 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Same on my OnePlus 6T.
Probably a coincidence, but the only thing I did between when it worked and when it stopped working was that I installed the Google Dialer Framework module, the Google Phone and Contacts app from apkmirror and then remove them.
The Following User Says Thank You to alibob911 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alibob911 Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 01:22 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 727
 
More
The new Google Play services update caused this.

Temporary workaround:

1. Disable Google Pay/Find My Device as Device Administrators in Settings > Security & location > Device Administrators.

2. Search "Google Play services" in the Settings search bar.

3. Press the three dots and press "Uninstall previous updates".

4. Download this update - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-7-99-release/
Pick your needed edition (arm or arm64, etc.), download it and install it.

5. Disable Background data access for Google Play Services and Google Play in their respective App Info pages.

6. Download Google Pay from the Play Store.

7. Set up your cards. Enjoy!

Never EVER update Google Play services manually, until a Magisk update is available that bypasses the upgraded SafetyNet. Note that Google Play services is responsible for adding/verifying the card, not the Google Pay app! Hence why there seems to be an overlay when adding a card/verifying an existing one.

Tested Google Pay versions:

2.79.x-2.83.235070858 - working

Tested Google Play services versions:

14.7.99, 16.0.86 - working with Magisk 18.1

14.8.49-16.x- working with Magisk 18.2 Canary
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to JarlPenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarlPenguin Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 04:28 PM |#7  
Semtronix's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Torrington, CT
Thanks Meter: 130
 
More
Confirming that as a working solution. Thanks for that. Will disabling background data prevent Play Services from updating itself?
3rd March 2019, 04:45 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 368
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregwee

My GPay suddenly stopped working in the last few days. Didn't update/install anything, but possible GPay updated itself in the background.

Specs as follows:
OnePlus 6T, OOS9.0.7 rooted
Magisk v18.1, Magisk Manager v7.0.0(185)
Magisk hide: Google Seach, Google Pay, Google Play Store, Pokemon Go
Magisk Manager package hidden/repackaged

Any solution would be greatly appreciated..

Same here, pixel 3

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlPenguin

The new Google Play services update caused this.

Temporary workaround:

1. Disable Google Pay/Find My Device as Device Administrators in Settings > Security & location > Device Administrators.

2. Search "Google Play services" in the Settings search bar.

3. Press the three dots and press "Uninstall previous updates".

4. Download this update - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-7-99-release/
Pick your needed edition (arm or arm64, etc.), download it and install it.

5. Disable Background data access for Google Play Services and Google Play in their respective App Info pages.

6. Download Google Pay from the Play Store.

7. Set up your cards. Enjoy!

Never EVER update Google Play services manually, until a Magisk update is available that bypasses the upgraded SafetyNet. Note that Google Play services is responsible for adding/verifying the card, not the Google Pay app! Hence why there seems to be an overlay when adding a card/verifying an existing one.

Tested Google Pay versions:

2.79.x-2.83.235070858 - working

Tested Google Play services versions:

14.7.99 - working

14.8.49-15.0.10 - not working, downgrade to 14.7.99

Only downside to this is losing the cards and having to re-add them to Google Pay. It's not a big deal for credit cards, but I have a bunch of store loyalty cards that I added and threw away (or lost) the physical cards.
The Following User Says Thank You to PuffDaddy_d For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PuffDaddy_d Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 04:50 PM |#9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Thank you! This has been bugging me for ages now. Super frustrating to not have contactless working. And the fix was so simple! Cheers.
3rd March 2019, 04:54 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 727
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semtronix

Confirming that as a working solution. Thanks for that. Will disabling background data prevent Play Services from updating itself?

Yep, but check once in a while to see.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDaddy_d

Same here, pixel 3

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------


Only downside to this is losing the cards and having to re-add them to Google Pay. It's not a big deal for credit cards, but I have a bunch of store loyalty cards that I added and threw away (or lost) the physical cards.

I haven't lost any of my loyalty cards. Did you reset your Google Play Services data by accident?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JarlPenguin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JarlPenguin Ad-Free
3rd March 2019, 05:53 PM |#11  
gozzaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 272
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarlPenguin

The new Google Play services update caused this.

Temporary workaround:

1. Disable Google Pay/Find My Device as Device Administrators in Settings > Security & location > Device Administrators.

2. Search "Google Play services" in the Settings search bar.

3. Press the three dots and press "Uninstall previous updates".

4. Download this update - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...-7-99-release/
Pick your needed edition (arm or arm64, etc.), download it and install it.

5. Disable Background data access for Google Play Services and Google Play in their respective App Info pages.

6. Download Google Pay from the Play Store.

7. Set up your cards. Enjoy!

Never EVER update Google Play services manually, until a Magisk update is available that bypasses the upgraded SafetyNet. Note that Google Play services is responsible for adding/verifying the card, not the Google Pay app! Hence why there seems to be an overlay when adding a card/verifying an existing one.

Tested Google Pay versions:

2.79.x-2.83.235070858 - working

Tested Google Play services versions:

14.7.99 - working

14.8.49-15.0.10 - not working, downgrade to 14.7.99

I dont have an option to uninstall old updates from play services. Any idea?
there are no 3 dots on my screen
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google pay, hide, magisk, magiskhide

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes