FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion]Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Discussion Thread

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By xjvcm, Junior Member on 22nd June 2019, 11:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Niantic, well know for creating Pokemon Go, released their new AR game, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Supposedly, the approach to this game was to build upon what made PoGo great. Right now there is a new root check for this game which is completely different from Pogo. Anyone have any clue on how to run the app with a root device?
23rd June 2019, 12:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Huh, I thought I was going crazy. I've tried Hide, renaming package, removing all root-named apps... anything we can do?
23rd June 2019, 02:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I've been playing since the beta and have had no issues running the game. Just make sure you do all the normal steps. If you receive the "Device not supported" error then root or Magisk is being detected.

Hide Magisk Manager (rename)
Magisk Hide Wizards Unite
Ensure Safety net passes
Rename any and all files with "Magisk" in the name on your internal storage to something else i.e Magic.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to Mildly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mildly Ad-Free
23rd June 2019, 07:10 AM |#4  
Flag GMT-5
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mildly

I've been playing since the beta and have had no issues running the game. Just make sure you do all the normal steps. If you receive the "Device not supported" error then root or Magisk is being detected.

Hide Magisk Manager (rename)
Magisk Hide Wizards Unite
Ensure Safety net passes
Rename any and all files with "Magisk" in the name on your internal storage to something else i.e Magic.zip

Renaming the Magisk app/files doesn't affect their function?
23rd June 2019, 07:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokx

Renaming the Magisk app/files doesn't affect their function?

Sorry meant to say rename all .zip files so if you have a Magisk.zip for flashing make sure to rename the file to something else. Magisk will download a new .zip when updating it so make sure to check your downloads folder.
23rd June 2019, 10:50 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
I have the same issue, playing the version that was released last Friday.

Magisk Hide seems to work, but it only allows me to play for maybe 5-15 minutes and then the "device not supported" error still pops up.

Edit: Turns out I never used the option to hide Magisk Manager before Going to check if that helps.
23rd June 2019, 06:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic

I have the same issue, playing the version that was released last Friday.

Magisk Hide seems to work, but it only allows me to play for maybe 5-15 minutes and then the "device not supported" error still pops up.

Edit: Turns out I never used the option to hide Magisk Manager before Going to check if that helps.

Pretty sure you also have to do that because without magisk manager hidden they can easily detect the original package name. The fact you can play 5-15 minutes it's when they start checking for root. Also happens in pogo. If the error still happens try to clear the data of the app and the root detection should be gone for good
24th June 2019, 05:01 PM |#8  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 534

Donate to Me
More
Magisk hide+rename magisk+no magisk related file on my device+safety net pass

Getting the error every 2-10min. I also reinstalled the game but nothing does change. PoGo has no problem.
24th June 2019, 11:02 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am also getting the same error even after magisk hide and everything else.
After a reboot it works for Quite a while but after a while it reports incompatible device again.
24th June 2019, 11:33 PM |#10  
Flag GMT-5
Thanks Meter: 518

More
Same here, nothing named "magisk" on my device anymore, hide is on, still get the message every few minutes

Edit: I forgot to "Hide Magisk Manager (rename)" in the Magisk settings. Played for about an hour today and no incompatibility message! I think that fixed it.

What I did was
1) used Root Explorer and searched my system for "magisk" and renamed or deleted all results
2) hide wizards unite in Magisk Manager
3) go to Magisk Manager settings and click the option that renames the Magisk apk to a random filename
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ragnarokx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ragnarokx Ad-Free
25th June 2019, 07:09 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokx

Same here, nothing named "magisk" on my device anymore, hide is on, still get the message every few minutes

Edit: I forgot to "Hide Magisk Manager (rename)" in the Magisk settings. Played for about an hour today and no incompatibility message! I think that fixed it.

What I did was
1) used Root Explorer and searched my system for "magisk" and renamed or deleted all results
2) hide wizards unite in Magisk Manager
3) go to Magisk Manager settings and click the option that renames the Magisk apk to a random filename

In addition to these steps, I needed to clear the magisk log in magisk manager.

I did this through the following steps,
Tap the menu icon in magisk manager,
Tap log,
Tap the magisk tab (superuser tab may be shown, it doesn't need to be cleared)
Tap the trashcan icon in the top right corner

This is on magisk manager 7.3.2 (224).
The Following User Says Thank You to lpfansether For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lpfansether Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)