FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Discussion] Snapchat Locked Accounts Thread Magisk

322 posts
Thanks Meter: 116

By Ferbee, Senior Member on 19th April 2019, 08:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This forum is meant for people who are getting locked out of their accounts due to "3rd Party Plugins or Applications"

We need to stop this from happening so share your experiences and thoughts on the matter.
23rd April 2019, 11:08 PM |#2  
Flag Macon, Georgia
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I have 2 devices: a Nexus 6P running Pie (Pixel Experience) and a Pixel 3XL on the stock Pie rom. Both are rooted with Magisk Canary builds and both have Magisk Hide turned on. Snapchat never detects root on the Nexus but ALWAYS detects it on the Pixel. I've even repackaged Magisk on the Pixel but that doesn't help. I've read that it's easier for apps to detect root on A/B partition devices so maybe the newer, updated Snapchat apps have code to detect it. When I have time, I'll try an old version and see if it works...
24th April 2019, 12:13 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Note that I don't believe Snapchat bans just by detecting root. It is detecting certain apps that are somehow triggering it. If you check the list of apps that you have given permission for superuser, it would be one of those. The app that I had that was triggering Snapchat was an app named app ops. I had downloaded it and just giving it permissions alone was getting me banned on Snapchat. I think this problem only affects users running Oreo or higher for whatever reason. I myself had an old phone running marshmallow with app ops and never experienced a ban. I don't think that any of the people reporting the problem had anything lower than Oreo. If you have somehow discovered the app causing your problems, uninstalling it may not fix your problem. I had to wipe my phone in order to fix it because I was still receiving bans despite uninstalling the app that was causing my problems
24th April 2019, 06:10 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 116

More
I've never installed app ops so that's not my problem.

As for A/B partitioning, I'm on a Samsung galaxy Note 8 and it didn't come out with this on my device so yeh 😂

The main thing I found out that I had to do, was repackage the manager and I haven't been banned for the last 4 days
25th April 2019, 12:55 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I am on the S8 plus and was locked out for 12 hours before. Snapchat continued to lock me out even when I fully uninstalled magisk. I decided to clean install a different Rom which seemed to do the trick. A month later I decided to go back to my original Rom and guess what? Can't even login coz of some mod I think.
So I would say it depends on what mods you have installed yourself or packaged with the custom ROM.
25th April 2019, 12:56 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Snapchat ban
I have same problem. Yesterday they gave me ban but i was unbanned with their site. But today they give me one more ban but now is for 24h ... anyone know how to fix snap or maybe hide root? S7 9.0 blackdiamond v3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190424-194825_Snapchat.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	4748522  
25th April 2019, 01:06 AM |#7  
Flag Macon, Georgia

More
Downloaded an early January 2019 version of Snapchat and signed up for a new account on my Pixel 3XL. All was good at first then I closed the app. When I tried to sign back in, I got the "problem connecting to server" error which requires an update to the most current version. I updated and after just a few hours, I got the "12 hour account locked" message for "3rd party apps". I've had Magisk Manager repackaged but that obviously didn't help. BTW, I have not repackaged Magisk on my Nexus 6P and it's still works. I found a comment by a user of the Bitmoji app (which I use on my Pixel but not my Nexus) that reported his Snapchat was locked by this app so I uninstalled it. We'll see how it goes when my 12 hour ban is up...
27th April 2019, 01:07 AM |#8  
Flag Macon, Georgia

More
Update: I uninstalled Bitmoji. I also added the systemless host module in Magisk and enabled systemless mode in Adaway. That is supposed to prevent Adaway from modifying the system partition but neither worked. I'm on a 24 lock now....
27th April 2019, 06:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by newkydawg

Update: I uninstalled Bitmoji. I also added the systemless host module in Magisk and enabled systemless mode in Adaway. That is supposed to prevent Adaway from modifying the system partition but neither worked. I'm on a 24 lock now....

What apps have you given superuser? The app causing you problems is likely in that list
29th April 2019, 11:26 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I had this happen before to me, i uninstalled edXposed and i was able to use snapchat even while on a 24 hour ban
30th April 2019, 12:51 AM |#11  
Flag Macon, Georgia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMystic

What apps have you given superuser? The app causing you problems is likely in that list

Nope. I have the same apps on my Nexus 6P and it doesn't get locked out. In fact, my wife's Nexus 6P has the same apps, is rooted with SuperSu and she doesn't get locked out so IDK...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)