[DEAD] Google Sans • San Francisco • Custom Font Installer

Search This thread

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Update 13.01.2019
- New Body Font: Google Sans.

This is NOT the Google Sans you've known. This is my version of it which includes all my tweaks and optimizations that can't be find elsewhere. For a font to become a system font, the first rule of thumb is space efficiency. That's why i didn't make a module for this font before. But it's not the case anymore. Have a nice sunday!

Qvlayndar01

May 21, 2017
Update 13.01.2019

This is NOT the Google Sans you've known. This is my version of it which includes all my tweaks and optimizations that can't be find elsewhere. For a font to become a system font, the first rule of thumb is space efficiency. That's why i didn't make a module for this font before. But it's not the case anymore. Have a nice sunday!
Wow! Thank you, Sir ;)

thanhnvt194

Feb 21, 2015
Vancouver
Update 13.01.2019

Google sans header+body combo is best for me.
Is google sans and product sans the same? I have a fixed version of product sans made by some vietnamese guy. But since pie update, i can't install it like oreo day by replace fonts manually in system (missing : symbol at lockscreen). Could you take a look at this font?
Thanks

Reactions: nongthaihoang

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
This may be a dumb question but I would like to use Google Sans and find that the bold is not bold enough. Do I need to use both the HF and BF modules?
1. I didn't make it thinner so this "the bold is not bold enough" is just the way it is ?
2. I removed all the rules. You can ask dumb questions now. The answer is NO you don't unless you want to.

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Google sans header+body combo is best for me.
Is google sans and product sans the same? I have a fixed version of product sans made by some vietnamese guy. But since pie update, i can't install it like oreo day by replace fonts manually in system (missing : symbol at lockscreen). Could you take a look at this font?
Thanks
I tested this font before. It has some problems. But I was not good enough to fix it. ? Now I'm different ? I will take Vietnamese letters from it and put them to Google Sans. And we will have the best Google Sans on the planet right? Haha
Thank you for reminding me of it.

Fahaly

Jul 13, 2015
Man, u rocks!! tnks 4 your module, maybe someday it can be added into magisk app or it'll remain here?

Reactions: R-Tyo

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
Update 15.01.2019
- HF Google Sans: Increased line spacing.
- BF Google Sans: Increased spacing between characters.
- New BF: Tinkerbell (handwriting font)
- New CF: Google Sans (Condensed version but not as narrow as other CFs)

Now you have the complete pack of GS. But I recommend to use different fonts for different texts. It helps reading easier and looks more professional. Your choice.
This is a big update, took me a lot of time. I'm gonna rest for few days. Enjoy ^^

nongthaihoang

May 20, 2018
Thủ Dầu Một
@nongthaihoang, what is the difference between the Google Sans Regular and Italic in the GS HF package vs the Roboto Regular and Italic in the BF one?
Good question!
GS is a headline font which is used for big ass texts (HF). To be used as normal texts (BF), I have to make it space efficiency. That's the main difference.
The ss below is HF vs BF vs CF comparison.

Attachments

• Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190115-104240.jpg
    Screenshot_MiXplorer_20190115-104240.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 663

hshah

Dec 24, 2005
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Good question!
GS is a headline font which is used for big ass texts (HF). To be used as normal texts (BF), I have to make it space efficiency. That's the main difference.
The ss below is HF vs BF vs CF comparison.

Did you by any chance forget to add the screenshot? :p It is there now :)

I'm basically combining your fonts into a package that I like... since I prefer the bold to be bolder, I'm using the HF Black variant as the bold.

The Roboto Regular seems lighter than the GS Regular, so I may actually give GS a try and see how it looks :)

Top Liked Posts