FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Magisk and MagiskHide installation and troubleshooting (Magisk v19.3)

8,075 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,938

By Didgeridoohan, Recognized Contributor on 24th July 2017, 07:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th December 2018, 07:18 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i have nexus 5, installed CM13 nethunter with magisk. but my e-banking app still detect root. maybe you can help me🙏
root detect
here is log magisk:
HTML Code:
12-11 14:33:36.086   163  5516 I Magisk  : hide_list rm: [com.bankmandiri.mandirionline]
12-11 14:33:36.661   163  5518 I Magisk  : hide_list add: [com.bankmandiri.mandirionline]

11th December 2018, 08:35 AM |#22  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakimarx

i have nexus 5, installed CM13 nethunter with magisk. but my e-banking app still detect root. maybe you can help me
here is log magisk:

HTML Code:
12-11 14:33:36.086   163  5516 I Magisk  : hide_list rm: [com.bankmandiri.mandirionline]
12-11 14:33:36.661   163  5518 I Magisk  : hide_list add: [com.bankmandiri.mandirionline]

A few things:
  • Have you even read the guide? There are quite a lot of things to try in there (spoiler: I've already tested the app and it's quite trivial to hide Magisk from it). There's a section aptly named "Hiding root from apps" that you might want to look at...
  • That part of the log only shows that you've removed and re-added the app to the Hide list. Whenever providing a log it is a good idea to provide the whole thing, but for the love of Great A'Tuin do not paste it directly into your post. Use the attachments.
  • This isn't really a support thread. The general support thread would be a better place to get help with things like this.
  • And lastly, just as a note, please don't post images directly into your post either... Depending on their size it can get quite annoying when browsing the forum and it's very rare that they actually bring anything useful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
21st December 2018, 09:44 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry the question but. Do I need custom rom to flashmodules ?

Because I'm rooted in stock with BusyBox and getting this errors

- Mounting /data, /cache - Magisk install detected - Mounting /system, /vendor - Found /data/adb/magisk_merge.img e2fsck 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013) mount /sbin/.magisk/block/loop11->/dev/tmp/magisk_img failed with 13: Permission denied ! /data/adb/magisk_merge.img mount failed... ! Installation failed

Magisk v18
CTS profile : true
BasicIntegrity: true
Kernel : stock
Android 7.1.1

Sent from my xt1763 mediatek woods_f using XDA Labs
Attached Files
File Type: log magisk_install_log_20181221_010421.log - [Click for QR Code] (781 Bytes, 8 views)
22nd December 2018, 07:59 AM |#24  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafasama

- Mounting /data, /cache - Magisk install detected - Mounting /system, /vendor - Found /data/adb/magisk_merge.img e2fsck 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013) mount /sbin/.magisk/block/loop11->/dev/tmp/magisk_img failed with 13: Permission denied ! /data/adb/magisk_merge.img mount failed... ! Installation failed

Magisk v18
Android 7.1.1

Sent from my xt1763 mediatek woods_f using XDA Labs

Sounds like the f2fs bug. Take a look in the guide (that's what it's for): https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...nstall_modules
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
23rd December 2018, 10:21 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Sounds like the f2fs bug. Take a look in the guide (that's what it's for): https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...nstall_modules

well i'm a littler lost as i cant even flash the t2fs fixer zip through Twrp without getting what looks like to be the same error im wanting to solve . Any idea ?
23rd December 2018, 10:29 PM |#26  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

well i'm a littler lost as i cant even flash the t2fs fixer zip through Twrp without getting what looks like to be the same error im wanting to solve . Any idea ?

Grab logs and post in the relevant thread (module or general support thread, not here).
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
1st January 2019, 01:18 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 755

More
Quote:

Magisk and MagiskHide installation and troubleshooting tips and tricks...

Happy New Years
23rd January 2019, 01:25 PM |#28  
Flag Kelantan
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Try custom rom format partition as ext4 work with device moto e4 plus

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote:

Magisk v18
Android 7.1.1

Yes you may try custom your rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Suryo75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Suryo75 Ad-Free
25th January 2019, 10:39 AM |#29  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:

You need to install Magisk 'Busybox for Android NDK' module from Magisk repository.
The Following User Says Thank You to amg314 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amg314 Ad-Free
25th January 2019, 11:24 AM |#30  
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg314

You need to install Magisk 'Busybox for Android NDK' module from Magisk repository.

Actually, no...
25th January 2019, 03:33 PM |#31  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:

Actually, no...

On Magisk "systemless" rooted devices busybox (BB) is located in /sbin/.core/busybox, instead of /system/xbin or /system/bin on SuperSU rooted devices.

Natural way to install BB to /sbin/.core/busybox on Magisk device is 'Busybox for Android NDK' module.

IMO, it is first module one need to install after flashing Magisk.

If device was initially SuperSU rooted, one need uninstall BB using BusyBox app first and after that install 'Busybox for Android NDK' thru Magisk.

It is possible to install BB to /system/xbin on Magisk, but tell me what for?
The Following User Says Thank You to amg314 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amg314 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hide, magisk, magiskhide, root, safetynet

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)