FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[How To] Bypass Lloyds and Santander Root Detection

124 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By mrsweet1991, Senior Member on 2nd September 2018, 02:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

I've seen mention of Santander but not of Lloyds bypassing the root detection. After much trial and error it's quite simple and my method will bypass both Santander and Lloyds. If bypassing Santander just do the same for the Santander app as ive said to do with Lloyds.

<--Update 08/06/19-->

Having flashed a new rom and following my steps again I received the detection message again but was resolved by using the Canary build of Magisk Manager.

To get Magisk Manager Canary click the link below:

https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_...pp-release.apk

Once installed, open Magisk Manager and go to

settings > Update Channel > Canary

Go back to Magisk home screen and swipe down to check for updates, you'll receive an update for the canary build. Once you update follow the guides original steps below.

<--End of update-->

In Magisk Manager Settings:
Enable Magisk Hide
Enable Sytemless Host
And if the option is available select "Hide Magisk"

In Adaway:

Download my exported blacklist from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xCB...w?usp=drivesdk

Then in adaway click the 3 dots in the top right to open the menu, select "Your Lists" then press the menu button again in the top right and press "Import all lists" and select the file you downloaded.

With the urls added go back to the adaway main screen and press "Download Files and Apply ad blocking" and Reboot device. If "Download Files and Apply Ad Blocking" doesn't appear, click "check for updates" and then download them which will do the same thing.

Once your phone has restarted install the Lloyds Banking app but don't open it. Go into Magisk Manager and select Magisk Hide from the menu and tick the Lloyds Banking app. Reboot phone and Lloyds should work perfectly!

I managed to do this from researching other threads and adding my own bits in so credit due elsewhere as well, as usual you can follow this guide but do so at your own risk, i take no responsibility
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mrsweet1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrsweet1991 Ad-Free
2nd September 2018, 03:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
This should also work for Halifax and TSB but with a different URL nice work but what happens if they fix this? No banking app again....

Also do you know how to get past Natwest?
The Following User Says Thank You to steve51184 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steve51184 Ad-Free
2nd September 2018, 10:17 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Doesn't work for me.
2nd September 2018, 05:42 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi Steve,

This is the first time ive noticed an application that has gone to greater lengths and was relatively easy to bypass. Given how long it took to come up with this technique of connecting to a url to blacklist your device i cant see them coming up with something new anytime soon.

All that is required to bypass this new technique is to log dns requests in Adaway and with the listed urls the app connected to for the login you simply block the urls and leave 1 out. Take for example Lloyds used 3 urls, i blocked two leaving only one allowed but Lloyds couldnt connect so that url was genuinely used to login, i then knew to allow that url and focus on the other two finally figuring out it was that url i listed that was being used to connect and block my device. With the app unalee to connect to that url it cannot verify if my device is blacklisted. Its time consuming as you need to restart after each new url you blacklist but its simple to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsweet1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrsweet1991 Ad-Free
2nd September 2018, 05:45 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muresan01

Doesn't work for me.

Are you on the new Magisk 17.1? And after inserting the url to adaway you rebooted the device then installed lloyds then hidden it in magisk and rebooted again?
2nd September 2018, 06:18 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Doesn't work for me.

Thread will be updated in a minute with a link to an Adaway blacklist export i made, i tried on a rooted S7 after seeing your post and it didnt work but i did it after a few tries, it seems i missed out a few urls.
2nd September 2018, 06:30 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Doesn't work for me.

Thread updated
9th September 2018, 07:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
thanks @steve51184. Lloyds bank app works for me. Wondering how to go about for the Halifax bank app.
10th September 2018, 03:32 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvisnazareth

thanks @steve51184. Lloyds bank app works for me. Wondering how to go about for the Halifax bank app.

Ill have a look into Halifax later and see if i can update the adaway list to work with all 3. If i do ill let you know and update the link
The Following User Says Thank You to mrsweet1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrsweet1991 Ad-Free
29th September 2018, 07:08 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsweet1991

Hi All,

I've seen mention of Santander but not of Lloyds bypassing the root detection. After much trial and error it's quite simple and my method will bypass both Santander and Lloyds. If bypassing Santander just do the same for the Santander app as ive said to do with Lloyds.

First go into the Lloyds app info (hold on Lloyds App icon and select "App Info") or you can do the same by going to "Settings > Apps > Lloyds Bank" and then select "Storage" and press "Clear Data". With all the stored information removed uninstall the Lloyds Banking app completely and reboot your device.

In Magisk Manager Settings:
Enable Magisk Hide
Enable Sytemless Host
And if the option is available select "Hide Magisk"

In Adaway:

Download my exported blacklist from:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xCB...w?usp=drivesdk

Then in adaway click the 3 dots in the top right to open the menu, select "Your Lists" then press the menu button again in the top right and press "Import all lists" and select the file you downloaded.

With the urls added go back to the adaway main screen and press "Download Files and Apply ad blocking" and Reboot device.

Once your phone has restarted install the Lloyds Banking app but don't open it. Go into Magisk Manager and select Magisk Hide from the menu and tick the Lloyds Banking app. Reboot phone and Lloyds should work perfectly!

I managed to do this from researching other threads and adding my own bits in so credit due elsewhere as well, as usual you can follow this guide but do so at your own risk, i take no responsibility

Works perfectly
Thank you !
29th September 2018, 09:18 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Works perfectly
Thank you !

Great to hear
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
banking, lloyds, magisk, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)