Magisk Banking apps not working

Search This thread

eusebium

Apr 26, 2015
Yes, I get the same message, is your RaiPay working? And have you tried RaiPay without Magisk installed on your device?

No, RaiPay still not works. I haven't tried RaiPay without Magisk but I think since my phone is rooted, it will easily detect it... Why should it work on a rooted device without Magisk? :)

PlagueCz

Jul 5, 2017
Brno
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus 8T
No, RaiPay still not works. I haven't tried RaiPay without Magisk but I think since my phone is rooted, it will easily detect it... Why should it work on a rooted device without Magisk? :)

No, I think any root is a problem. I faced a similar issue, so I wiped my phone, reinstalled Syberia OS and tried RaiPay without Magisk, it worked. After installing Magisk, it stopped so I had to install all the modules I mentioned above. Does your device pass SafetyNet check in Magisk? Do you have Magisk Hide enabled for RaiPay? Because mine passed SN check and even then RaiPay didn't work, I had to set SELinux to enforcing.

eusebium

Apr 26, 2015
No, I think any root is a problem. I faced a similar issue, so I wiped my phone, reinstalled Syberia OS and tried RaiPay without Magisk, it worked. After installing Magisk, it stopped so I had to install all the modules I mentioned above. Does your device pass SafetyNet check in Magisk? Do you have Magisk Hide enabled for RaiPay? Because mine passed SN check and even then RaiPay didn't work, I had to set SELinux to enforcing.
SafetyNet check - pass
Magisk Hide enabled for RaiPay - yes
SELinux to enforcing - yes (using KA-Mod)
=> RaiPay is not working :(

PlagueCz

Jul 5, 2017
Brno
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus 8T
Same here, same setup as you, can't get it to work.
Android 10 and Oneplus 7. Any other tips?

I would try to factory reset phone, then install RaiPay and after that install Magisk. But I know it's annoying to wipe your phone only because of this.

You can try to turn on Magisk Core Only Mode and see if RaiPay works (reboot required).

Also, RaiPay tells you that your phone doesn't meet security requirements, right?

Guiper

Sep 9, 2008
I would try to factory reset phone, then install RaiPay and after that install Magisk. But I know it's annoying to wipe your phone only because of this.

You can try to turn on Magisk Core Only Mode and see if RaiPay works (reboot required).

Also, RaiPay tells you that your phone doesn't meet security requirements, right?

Just tried to enable the Core Only mode, which disable the Magisk SELinux Manager (set to enforcing) and the SafetyPatch modules without luck.

Well, will keep on using the Revolut + Google Pay combo :)

RaiPay CZ here as well. Yes, app shows that device doesn't match application security requirements.

PlagueCz

Jul 5, 2017
Brno
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus 8T
Just tried to enable the Core Only mode, which disable the Magisk SELinux Manager (set to enforcing) and the SafetyPatch modules without luck.

Well, will keep on using the Revolut + Google Pay combo :)

RaiPay CZ here as well. Yes, app shows that device doesn't match application security requirements.

Ok, the last thing that I would do is to clear app data, sometimes these banking apps save information about root for later. Otherwise, I don't know, but I'm going to reinstall my phone in the following days, so I will try to record it step by step.

PlagueCz

Jul 5, 2017
Brno
Xiaomi Mi 5
OnePlus 8T
Hi guys, I took my time and installed everything from scratch. Here's what I did and RaiPay works.
1. Boot to recovery, wipe the phone completely
2. Install Lineage OS 17
3. Install GApps
4. Reboot to system
5. Sign in to Gooogle account
6. Install RaiPay
7. Open RP, agree to terms and conditions, add phone number, add payment card and confirm it (RaiPay works at this point)
8. Reboot to recovery and install Magisk, boot to system
9. Open Magisk and turn on Magisk Hide for RP
10. Open RP, still works

My guess is that RaiPay only checks for root when you're opening the app for the first time.

tfft

Jun 19, 2012
EmiratesNBD

Hi, I have an hlte running LineageOS 16.0 (lineage-16.0-20190925 to be exact) with lineageOS' "addonsu" with opengapps nano. I tried the EmiratesNBD mobile application which failed, I then logged into TWRP and "addonsu-remove" and booted back and all was fine - banking application worked fine. I then decided to try Magisk, long story short - the banking application is _not_ working noting that my "phone is jailbroken".

SafetyNet passes both CTS and Integrity, I'm running Magisk 19.5-578a50b4 (19404) with Magisk Manager 7.3.4-578a50b4 (239). I even tried "Hide Magisk Manager" to no avail (rebooting after any/all changes). The application is definitely selected under "Magisk Hide". Any ideas on how to debug this or what to do next ? I can certainly uninstall Magisk and go back to LineageOS's "addon" mechanism but I don't want to do that...

In passing, I don't have anything listed in my "Modules" for some reason - I did what the FAQ noted ("clear repo cache" and reload modules), still nothing.

Ideas/thoughts/options ?

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
I also have the same problem in Norway on an app called VIPPS. Safetynet is good and i have magisk 19.3. I dont want to format and reinstall everything. Hope for a solution soon..

bafforosso

Jan 22, 2013
I also have the same problem in Norway on an app called VIPPS. Safetynet is good and i have magisk 19.3. I dont want to format and reinstall everything. Hope for a solution soon..

I had issues recently with 2 apps which have been solved with Magisk 19.4 (beta) in which Magisk Hide has been improved, you may want to try it. (you should simply have to change Update Channel to Beta in Magisk Manager settings, you may want to make a backup of your boot image first though, just in case)

Last edited:

Horgyboy

Feb 9, 2012
I had issues recently with 2 apps which have been solved with Magisk 19.4 (beta) in which Magisk Hide has been improved, you may want to try it. (you should simply have to change Update Channel to Beta in Magisk Manager settings)

I got it working. I reinstalled magisk again. Went into settings, Tapped "hide magisk manager, Downloaded the banking app without starting it. Went back to magisk and hide the app. Then start the banking app and it all works.

Tried to turn off the "hide magisk manager" after all this and the bank app ****s you again. So i guess you need to hide magisk forever if you want to use this kind of banking app.. VIPPS is only used to transfer money fast and is not the normal banking app i use for everything else. My normal banking app has always worked.. :)

Edit: Looks like it works to just turn the "hide magisk manager" on and off when you need to use the banking app too.. A bit more convenient :)

Last edited:

mxxt01

Aug 25, 2019
My bank updated the app few weeks ago, and after that I was not able to use it on my phone due to root. But Hide Magisk Manager solved the issue, and once I repacked the name everything is back to normal [emoji16]

Poslano z mojega MI 9 z uporabo Tapatalk

MacGyver17

Jun 5, 2014
Jakarta
Asus ZenFone 3
Redmi K20 Pro
It's happened on me to. On Bank Mandiri App. On other Bank running normaly. The issues happened after upgrade into Magisk 17.1

On Magisk 16.x it's Work without any issue.
Any clues what going on and how to fix it?

Do you know how to fix it ?
Rn using the magisk v20.2 on pie. Not working
But the magisk v20.2 on android 10, it can get to login screen (on the other phone)

Anybody knows what is going on ? Am I need to install old magisk to my phone ?

*edit : I have done repack magisk and do the magisk hide. Still detected as rooted device.
Yesterday I tried to remove the magisk at all, the root checker already said I do not have a root access, but mandiri banking app still detect the root ?

Last edited:

adyana

Jul 27, 2009
Jakarta
Hello ... Having the same issue recently, update Mandiri App and got locked out from it due to root issue (Err-4 on toast notification). Got it working again last night with the following steps (after numerous unsuccessful try on mixing these steps) :
- Uninstall Mandiri apps
- Reboot, Wipe cache and dalvik via recovery
- Install/update to Magisk 20.3 ( on previous try, I tried to also remove Magisk and reinstall, this might also works)
- Hide/repackage Magisk 20.3
- Download & install Mandiri apps but don't open !!!
- Open newly repackaged Magisk and hide Mandiri apps
- Reboot, Wipe cache and dalvik via recovery (somehow repeated step but i think it is necessary)
- Open Mandiri app, hopefully it is working now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For me with Tan2go-app not working. Anyone, who has another solution?

Regards
    Clark

This thread as well as
    https://didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide#hn_Hiding_root_from_apps
    have lots of possible solutions. But for some persons incl. myself, none of them works.
    Hello ... Having the same issue recently, update Mandiri App and got locked out from it due to root issue (Err-4 on toast notification). Got it working again last night with the following steps (after numerous unsuccessful try on mixing these steps) :
    - Uninstall Mandiri apps
    - Install/update to Magisk 20.3 ( on previous try, I tried to also remove Magisk and reinstall, this might also works)
    - Hide/repackage Magisk 20.3
    - Download & install Mandiri apps but don't open !!!
    - Open newly repackaged Magisk and hide Mandiri apps
    - Reboot, Wipe cache and dalvik via recovery (somehow repeated step but i think it is necessary)
    - Open Mandiri app, hopefully it is working now
    I updated the Magisk Manager App(Only the App, not Magisk itself) to the latest Canary Version. Now the "sPushTAN" App does not detect root anymore. Magisk Manager is repacked, renamed and Hide is active.
    LLoyds bank
    went to bank info and cleared cache and data
    Uninstalled app
    went to file manager and removed residual files folders
    installed clean master and did a cache junk file clean up
    restart phone in recovery and cleared cache and dalvic cache
    rebooted phone and installed lloyds banking app
    opened magisk manager before opening lloyds and ticked lloyds app in magisk hide
    opened app and inputted login information
    same error: your device appears to be jailbroken etc