magisk fortnite thread

Search This thread

evan5935

Mar 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I have created this thread (hopefully in the right place) to start a discussion on methods/developing methods to get fortnite to work on a rooted device, with magisk installed. Im currently running Dr. Ketan's rom (android pie) on a samsung galaxy note 9 and for obvious reasons (the fortnite galaxy skin) would like to play a few games and have it work without any hiccups. Im not looking to hack the game or any nonsense like that, so if anyone has a currently functioning method that doesnt require me to reflash stock firmware (as i dont have a pc and had to use a friends to unlock bootloader and such) and play on the unrooted device then re-root and install custom rom

white7561

Sep 27, 2013
Somewhere
Hello everyone. I have created this thread (hopefully in the right place) to start a discussion on methods/developing methods to get fortnite to work on a rooted device, with magisk installed. Im currently running Dr. Ketan's rom (android pie) on a samsung galaxy note 9 and for obvious reasons (the fortnite galaxy skin) would like to play a few games and have it work without any hiccups. Im not looking to hack the game or any nonsense like that, so if anyone has a currently functioning method that doesnt require me to reflash stock firmware (as i dont have a pc and had to use a friends to unlock bootloader and such) and play on the unrooted device then re-root and install custom rom
Uhh. Its already working. Atleast for me. You just need to hide magisk manager , hide Fortnite app and installer on magisk hide tab, disable usb debugging, and make sure there isn't magisk named folder or files inside your internal storage. That should do it. I'm on the note 8 and it works just fine

evan5935

Mar 25, 2017
Uhh. Its already working. Atleast for me. You just need to hide magisk manager , hide Fortnite app and installer on magisk hide tab, disable usb debugging, and make sure there isn't magisk named folder or files inside your internal storage. That should do it. I'm on the note 8 and it works just fine
Dang, really? Thanks man!

evan5935

Mar 25, 2017
Yep!! Its working on mine ....

Its not workin for me bro, i hide magisk manage, have no folders or files named makgisk, or even have magisk in the name, hide the root apps with magisk as well as the fortnite installer and app before i launch each of them. It just deosnt work for me :'(

evan5935

Mar 25, 2017
Yep!! Its working on mine ....

And what about USB/ADB Debugging? Have you turned that off as well?

Yes but developer options is still on, does that make a difference? Also, I have not tried with magisk core mode off and root disabled, so if you are doing that then that may also be my issue

Edit: i turned on magisk core mode and disabled root and still does not work. Would having lucky patcher installed be an issue?

Last edited:

white7561

Sep 27, 2013
Somewhere
Yes but developer options is still on, does that make a difference? Also, I have not tried with magisk core mode off and root disabled, so if you are doing that then that may also be my issue

Edit: i turned on magisk core mode and disabled root and still does not work. Would having lucky patcher installed be an issue?
Prob yeah ...

mslezak

Dec 12, 2016
Houston
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S23
Working still Season 9 Magisk 19.1? Not I

Anybody still using this method? I get all the way to the drop then get kicked out "can't sync user profile"

Magisk is hidden in a random folder, installer and game both hidden. Tried with Developer settings off and also with them on. Rooted.

Even Google Pay works so I'm head scratching here if there is a system processes that is now needing hidden or what to play the newest Beta. All help appreciated.

Chuck_C

Dec 15, 2019
I'm on a rooted OnePlus 7 Pro and mine just stopped working yesterday. Was fine for about an hour after the Star Wars event then logged on around 10pm and I get kicked out as soon as I exited the bus. Keeps happening over and over again. No other software changes so I'm guessing there needs to be some update to Magisk to get it working again.

I'm on a rooted OnePlus 7 Pro and mine just stopped working yesterday. Was fine for about an hour after the Star Wars event then logged on around 10pm and I get kicked out as soon as I exited the bus. Keeps happening over and over again. No other software changes so I'm guessing there needs to be some update to Magisk to get it working again.

Curious what was your setup? To have it work?

Chuck_C

Dec 15, 2019
Curious what was your setup? To have it work?

Stock OnePlus 7 pro with magisk and TWRP. Epic launcher and Fortnite both hidden in magisk hide. USB debugging turned off. No modules installed. Just using it for root. Worked fine until last night. Gpay and all other safety net apps work fine. It's just Fortnite. Logged in on a friend's Xbox and a really laggy ipad and could play on both so it's not my account - it's definitely the rooted phone and magisk no longer hides itself from Fortnite.

I'm really irritated with the whole thing because I was so close to finishing the season pass and now I can't play at all.

white7561

Sep 27, 2013
Somewhere
Here's another fix. These last few updates they have added more things to the blacklist. So remember that they basically scans the internal sdcard etc for MagiskManager folder right? Well now they scan TWRP folder too!! So try renaming it to something else without TWRP in it. And see if it works!. Just tried mine and still working just fine!

Chuck_C

Dec 15, 2019
Here's another fix. These last few updates they have added more things to the blacklist. So remember that they basically scans the internal sdcard etc for MagiskManager folder right? Well now they scan TWRP folder too!! So try renaming it to something else without TWRP in it. And see if it works!. Just tried mine and still working just fine!

Thanks for posting that. I renamed the folder and now it works again.

Now I need to figure out if I can leave it that way or if I need to keep switching the folder name back and forth to be able to use TWRP correctly.

I have pretty much the same setup as you. Do you happen to get lag here and there? During game play? I was able to get mine working again by renaming the folder for trwp as suggested.

Senliast

Dec 31, 2014
Thanks for posting that. I renamed the folder and now it works again.

Now I need to figure out if I can leave it that way or if I need to keep switching the folder name back and forth to be able to use TWRP correctly.

With Tasker or Automate, you can set a trigger to automatically rename folder on start of Fortnite and rename back, after the game is closed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you running in magisk core mode, with adb/root disabled as well?
    Definitely was the issue. Deleted lucly patcher and also the Xposed installer (even though exposed isnt on Pie yet) and that combined with everything else did the trick :)
    Yep. Also . No xposed . Since it fails the safety net [emoji4]. Well. Happy gaming!! [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]