FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk Hide not working for Pokemon Go

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vladone97, Junior Member on 8th July 2018, 10:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm using a Galaxy S8, Android 7.0, Magisk 16.6. When I try to play Pokemon go, it gives me the "OS not supported" message. The 16.3 fix didn't work back when it came out and I haven't been able to play since then. I did check the app in Magisk Hide and I activated the setting to hide Magisk Manager with a random package name, but it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I should do?

9th July 2018, 05:42 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
The only thing you can do that will work is to completely uninstall magisk. That should let you play pokemon go.
9th July 2018, 05:58 AM |#3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,575

Donate to Me
More
Pokemon also looks for a bunch of known root apps on your device, not only Magisk. And MagiskHide can't hide other apps.
9th July 2018, 07:57 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

Pokemon also looks for a bunch of known root apps on your device, not only Magisk. And MagiskHide can't hide other apps.

What are those apps?
9th July 2018, 08:14 AM |#5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladone97

What are those apps?

There are a whole bunch... Busybox installers, system cleaners, etc. There's an old list available somewhere in the Magisk PoGo thread (search), but that list might be outdated. Easiest thing is to uninstall some root apps and see if it works better.
12th July 2018, 01:00 AM |#6  
An easier alternative, if you have the means to do it, is to use a clean spare phone/tablet for Pokemon Go, and keep your phone how you need/want it for everything else. Bluetooth data sharing is enough bandwidth to make PoGo work.
19th August 2018, 07:02 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
PoGo 0.115.3 not working, no login
Quote:

There are a whole bunch... Busybox installers, system cleaners, etc. There's an old list available somewhere in the Magisk PoGo thread (search), but that list might be outdated. Easiest thing is to uninstall some root apps and see if it works better.

hello sorry for my bad english, today the new update 0.115.3 no login with magisk hide. I use a custom room with many root apps. wich is the solution? please can u say it itemized step by step?
19th August 2018, 07:19 PM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGumn

hello sorry for my bad english, today the new update 0.115.3 no login with magisk hide. I use a custom room with many root apps. wich is the solution? please can u say it itemized step by step?

Sure.

Make sure you have Pokemon on the Hide list.
Hide the Magisk Manager (in the Manager settings)
Delete the MagiskManager folder on your internal storage (next time you download/install a module through the Manager the folder will be recreated).

Edit: There will likely be an update to Magisk that will hide the MagiskManager folder. But for now this is a workaround.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
23rd August 2018, 08:37 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,261

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sure.

Make sure you have Pokemon on the Hide list.
Hide the Magisk Manager (in the Manager settings)
Delete the MagiskManager folder on your internal storage (next time you download/install a module through the Manager the folder will be recreated).

Edit: There will likely be an update to Magisk that will hide the MagiskManager folder. But for now this is a workaround.

Hmmm, tried all this, but still PoGo will not comply, even when I sandbox it in the work profile. (island app) The latter sounds a bit strange to me, as it should limit access to anything. (Magisk Manager gets installed, but is hidden)

To be honest, PoGo is just a test for when they start messing with Ingress as well. When it's getting to much trouble to have the app behave, it's out. They are just games, nothing to compromise my device for.
23rd August 2018, 09:30 AM |#10  
Flag Chemnitz
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Also rename or delete every file or folder on your internal storage / sdcard that contains "magisk"
The Following User Says Thank You to michikrug For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift michikrug Ad-Free
23rd August 2018, 10:02 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,261

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michikrug

Also rename or delete every file or folder on your internal storage / sdcard that contains "magisk"

Any file? Not only the directory, but one that can be found somewhere on the device/external sdcard? (Like Magisk-v16.7.zip which you need to install it...)
Strange it should see it when sandboxed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)