FORUMS

Migrator - Android Backup Solution and ROM Migration Utility

1,691 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,312

Post Reply Email Thread
Migrator - Android Backup Solution and ROM Migration Utility

It can backup/restore apps (including split APKs) with respective data and runtime permissions, system and Magisk data (including settings).

ZERO warranties, use at your own risk!

Install as a regular Magisk module (no reboot needed afterwards, though).
Alternatively, you can extract `system/bin/migrator` from the zip and run it as `sh filepath` (yes, no Magisk installation required).

The documentation is bundled.
Refer to `migrator --help` or `M -h`.
It can be exported to a file: `M -h > file`

If these executables aren't readily available (before a reboot), use `/dev/migrator` or `/dev/M`.

Releases: https://github.com/VR-25/migrator/releases/
The Following 75 Users Say Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free
28th July 2018, 06:23 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to VR25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VR25 Ad-Free
28th July 2018, 09:30 PM |#3  
Flag Algiers
Thanks Meter: 258

More
It seems really interesting, thumbs up man
The Following User Says Thank You to lahceneamine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lahceneamine Ad-Free
29th July 2018, 03:47 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Okay I still don't quite understand the method technically even after reading the description.
The thing is if dev say clean flash(wipe data,system,cache,dalvik) is a must before installing a rom,etc.Then will this adk solution can be used instead of titanium backup?Because you wrote that adk more efficient than tb maybe I'll use this instead of tb
The Following User Says Thank You to handers1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift handers1234 Ad-Free
29th July 2018, 07:07 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by handers1234

Okay I still don't quite understand the method technically even after reading the description.
The thing is if dev say clean flash(wipe data,system,cache,dalvik) is a must before installing a rom,etc.Then will this adk solution can be used instead of titanium backup?Because you wrote that adk more efficient than tb maybe I'll use this instead of tb

All you really need to understand are the setup steps. This module prevents app data from being deleted when you use TWRP's "wipe data/factory reset feature".
29th July 2018, 08:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 151

Donate to Me
More
This sounds too good to be true, lol almost like a proof of concept. Can just binding the new dir with the old make it so there are no issues whatsoever? Will test later this week cause I romhop a lot.
29th July 2018, 11:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
My phone's storage is almost full.The thing i want to ask is if this procedure will need more data space inside /data/media.
29th July 2018, 01:51 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinator94

This sounds too good to be true, lol almost like a proof of concept. Can just binding the new dir with the old make it so there are no issues whatsoever? Will test later this week cause I romhop a lot.

And indeed it is true. No issues whatsoever -- I'm using it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmcc8

My phone's storage is almost full.The thing i want to ask is if this procedure will need more data space inside /data/media.

No extra space is taken, as data is moved, not copied.
29th July 2018, 06:03 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I installed this and it erased all my app data, ironically enough. Make sure you have a backup before installing.
29th July 2018, 07:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
After typing "adk" it finds all the apps, but after typing "." it lists every app with "pm: not found". After a reboot, the apps are not installed. Am I doing something wrong?
29th July 2018, 07:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soren25

I installed this and it erased all my app data, ironically enough. Make sure you have a backup before installing.

Lmao same thing happened to me. Figured the module was buggy and uninstalled it. Maybe i did something wrong too, which im not sure how considering how easy the install instructions are
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, magisk, migrate, migration, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)