1,692 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,312

Post Reply Email Thread
29th July 2018, 07:26 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soren25

I installed this and it erased all my app data, ironically enough. Make sure you have a backup before installing.

Lmao same thing happened to me. Figured the module was buggy and uninstalled it. Maybe i did something wrong too, which im not sure how considering how easy the install instructions are
30th July 2018, 05:10 AM |#12  
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soren25

I installed this and it erased all my app data, ironically enough. Make sure you have a backup before installing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungle35

Lmao same thing happened to me. Figured the module was buggy and uninstalled it. Maybe i did something wrong too, which im not sure how considering how easy the install instructions are

That's really f**ked up... same to me. I think there was no error on my side while following the "install-reboot-forget" process. Only the lib folders had been moved/binded somehow to the SD folder, no base.apks and no odex-blobs(?).

The result was a totally broken system. Sorry, but IMHO the Dev should not proclaim it that way as long as the script seems to be in pre-alpha ... All log files in /data/media/adk/logs/ are empty, too!

Really don't know whether LMAO or

Sent from my OnePlus3T using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to henningsieh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift henningsieh Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 09:13 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Please add an alpha into the title. Same happens to me.... and titanium can't restore accounts anymore...
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperSandro2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SuperSandro2000 Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 09:58 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 375

More
The XDA link in the module description takes you to the forum section rather than this thread.
30th July 2018, 02:19 PM |#15  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Seemed interesting and installed
But I lose all app data ,
found no logs and nothing just like fresh install of everything
Keep a backup before trying this
I was on magisk 16.7 ,
Redmi note 3 AEX N
The Following User Says Thank You to J4jks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J4jks Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 03:14 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 1,299

Donate to Me
More
Do not install! I lost everything like everyone else. Pictures I just took on vacation of my kids gone. All texts gone. All app data gone. Wtf man. This needs to be pulled. I lost 3gig of data
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnFawkes For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JohnFawkes Ad-Free
30th July 2018, 05:21 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFawkes

Do not install! I lost everything like everyone else. Pictures I just took on vacation of my kids gone. All texts gone. All app data gone. Wtf man. This needs to be pulled. I lost 3gig of data

Never ever try magisk stuff without nandroid or other backup in backhand.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dschense For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dschense Ad-Free
31st July 2018, 12:32 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I, like everyone else posting here, fell for this extension and lost all my app data.
I'm not sure if this extension is buggy or if we are simply too stupid to get it running but here is what I did:

install
reboot
forget (about all my app data as all apps seem to have lost their data)

I then opened a terminal, typed adk as instructed and am getting:

permission denied. Can't create /data/media/adk/logs/res_apks_verbose_log.txt: permission denied

typing su before adk does indeed give me a list of apps which seems to get longer every few minutes.
Maybe its still busy copying? I'll give it some more time. Not sure what's up though, are we supposed to wait for the ap to copy all app data over then do an initial restore? Or is it not correctly "linking" the apps to the new app data storage?

###edit###
I did not immediately remove this extension as I thought to give it some time. I then rebooted and its now hanging at the boot screen saying: "Starting up ... please wait" - this section usually only takes a few seconds but I've been staring at this screen for minutes now. I'll give it 30 minutes, maybe it is still busy copying all my APKs and app data to the SD card? I mean I was already wondering how this can only need one simple reboot to be ready...

I'll update this thread if I have any new findings as the extension description sounds quite logical so maybe we're all doing something wrong
31st July 2018, 12:59 PM |#19  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Dev RECOMMENDED app data backup in first step even BEFORE INSTALLING it through magisk or twrp.
I think nobody is doing it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J4jks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J4jks Ad-Free
31st July 2018, 01:36 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4jks

Dev RECOMMENDED app data backup in first step even BEFORE INSTALLING it through magisk or twrp.
I think nobody is doing it

you're right he did. I didn't say I don't have a backup I only said the extension isn't behaving as advertised OR I don't get how to use it.
Also, he should change that sentence from "recommended" to mandatory if his app wipes app data

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I have disabled the extension and rolled back my backup. I'm still wondering what went wrong here as the extension actually created the right folders on my SD card. Somehow the links seem to have been missing. I didn't dare try a restore via "adk ." as it was unclear what else could have gone wrong.

I would however appreciate some feedback and clarification from the author.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovizii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ovizii Ad-Free
31st July 2018, 04:03 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovizii

you're right he did. I didn't say I don't have a backup I only said the extension isn't behaving as advertised OR I don't get how to use it.
Also, he should change that sentence from "recommended" to mandatory if his app wipes app data

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

I have disabled the extension and rolled back my backup. I'm still wondering what went wrong here as the extension actually created the right folders on my SD card. Somehow the links seem to have been missing. I didn't dare try a restore via "adk ." as it was unclear what else could have gone wrong.

I would however appreciate some feedback and clarification from the author.

Thanks for sharing your experience trying this. I'm tempted to try and think I will after I back home from business trip.

I think one logic point is depending how big is the total size of all apps being "move" around it will vary the time taken. Nowadays people used to install many apps and its data should be huge.

The other factor may be affecting is whether it "move" to internal memory or external like sdcard. I use magic binding and found out the time taken with and without using magic binding have huge different. Usually it's min v.s. 20mins for 1G size file. Reading/writing to sdcard is significantly longer than to internal memory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, magisk, migration, nandroid, rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)