[Magisk Module] Product Sans modified (a little thicker than usual)

Search This thread

tych_tych

Feb 11, 2015
Diever
tychoregter.com
uc

Product Sans modified font

I really like how clean Google's Product Sans looks but I just felt like it is a little bit to thin, that's why I decided to modify the font myself and make it just a tiny bit fatter, I only changed the regular (main) font and left the bold, italic, thin and other versions of the font untouched. At first I made the module for personal use but I decided to share it with you guys because I thought you might like it.

Comparison
Here is a comparison of Androids default font, Roboto, my font and the original Product Sans. (I also included a full quality image as an attachment below)
uc

Left: Roboto, Middle: Modified Product Sans, Right: Original Product Sans

Sample images:
I made a couple of other examples of the font in a couple of apps like Google Keep, XDA and WhatsApp to give you an idea of what they look like, I also used my font for the banner image at the top. You can find other previews in my Google Photos album.

How to install:
1. Open magisk and go to the modules page
2. Tap the plus button and select the downloaded file
3. Wait for it to install and reboot
4. Done!

Compatibility:
- You'll need a rooted device with Magisk
- It works on most Android roms (AOSP, OxygenOS etc)
- May or may not work on Samsung devices, please let me know!

NOTE:
Install on your own risk! Even though I will try to help you when you run into problems, I am not responsible for any bricked
devices!

Changelog:
- Fixed some issues
- Added some extra fonts (which are barely used)
- Initial Release

Download:
MEGA
XDA

For all of my other projects and to stay up-to-date you can follow my Telegram Channel

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 3,416
Last edited:

tych_tych

Feb 11, 2015
Diever
tychoregter.com
Reactions: hshah

mhd_atzh

Sep 30, 2013
Does it work with Android 10? I get these boxes at the lockscreen clock. Like this: 7[]14 instead of 7:14.

mhd_atzh

Sep 30, 2013
It should, I use it on my 7 Pro, could you tell me what device and what rom you're on?

Hey, it did work great and feels great. Thanks for this awesome module. That problem happened in the other google sans and fonts module. It works great in this module. I'm using Poco F1 in Pixel ROM.

D

Deleted member 7671171

On 7Pro latest OB8 the lockscreen font is thin instead of thick, can it be fixed?

D

Deleted member 7671171

I'm also on a 7 Pro on the latest OB. I think the thickness is like it's supposed to be, some font do make the lockscreen clock more bold but that's not how it's supposed to be

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uc

Product Sans modified font

I really like how clean Google's Product Sans looks but I just felt like it is a little bit to thin, that's why I decided to modify the font myself and make it just a tiny bit fatter, I only changed the regular (main) font and left the bold, italic, thin and other versions of the font untouched. At first I made the module for personal use but I decided to share it with you guys because I thought you might like it.

Comparison
    Here is a comparison of Androids default font, Roboto, my font and the original Product Sans. (I also included a full quality image as an attachment below)
    uc

Left: Roboto, Middle: Modified Product Sans, Right: Original Product Sans

Sample images:
    I made a couple of other examples of the font in a couple of apps like Google Keep, XDA and WhatsApp to give you an idea of what they look like, I also used my font for the banner image at the top. You can find other previews in my Google Photos album.

How to install:
    1. Open magisk and go to the modules page
    2. Tap the plus button and select the downloaded file
    3. Wait for it to install and reboot
    4. Done!

Compatibility:
    - You'll need a rooted device with Magisk
    - It works on most Android roms (AOSP, OxygenOS etc)
    - May or may not work on Samsung devices, please let me know!

NOTE:
    Install on your own risk! Even though I will try to help you when you run into problems, I am not responsible for any bricked
    devices!

Changelog:
    - Fixed some issues
    - Added some extra fonts (which are barely used)
    - Initial Release

Download:
    MEGA
    XDA

For all of my other projects and to stay up-to-date you can follow my Telegram Channel
    Just curious, why are the font file sizes much smaller than the ones in this package:
    https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/font-google-sans-font-systemlessly-t3841067

Apologies if I'm being silly... I thought Product Sans and Google Sans were very similar if not more or less the same, so why such a file size difference?

They are about the same, I actually don't know why it's smaller
    Does it work with Android 10? I get these boxes at the lockscreen clock. Like this: 7[]14 instead of 7:14.

It should, I use it on my 7 Pro, could you tell me what device and what rom you're on?