Post Reply Email Thread
13th February 2020, 04:39 AM |#61  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 669

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackptg5

2 issues that you're probably going to kick yourself for

1. You removed the ':' from set_permissions function in customize.sh - you can't have an empty function, it needs to have something like the colon which returns a null statement
2. EOL to your install.sh script is set to CRLF rather than LF - happened to me all the time in windows

Hi,

1) sorry i did have something in the set_permissions, but i removed it before zipping up to post here, so thats on me totally for not putting the : back,

2) as for the other im usually pretty careful and using notepad++ too, sheesh

sorry if thats (2) all it is, was very tired and working late last night (excuses)

ill change the line endings and retry now

second sheesh...

Update:

30 seconds later...new zip to phone via USB

Flashing...

Sheesus...the line endings

So sorry @Zackptg5 & @Didgeridoohan

I shall stop trying to rush through and please people at 4am

Ive always wanted to embrace a lifestyle of lethargy

Please post me a paypal so i can gift you a coffee/beer for my oversight
The Following User Says Thank You to 73sydney For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 73sydney Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 04:57 AM |#62  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,049

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73sydney

Hi,

1) sorry i did have something in the set_permissions, but i removed it before zipping up to post here, so thats on me totally for not putting the : back,

2) as for the other im usually pretty careful and using notepad++ too, sheesh

sorry if thats (2) all it is, was very tired and working late last night (excuses)

ill change the line endings and retry now

second sheesh...

Update:

30 seconds later...new zip to phone via USB

Flashing...

Sheesus...the line endings

So sorry @Zackptg5 & @Didgeridoohan

I shall stop trying to rush through and please people at 4am

Ive always wanted to embrace a lifestyle of lethargy

Please post me a paypal so i can gift you a coffee/beer for my oversight

Haha, don't worry about it, I've been there too

I set the preferences in notepad++ to always use LF line endings until I switched to linux and never looked back
The Following User Says Thank You to Zackptg5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2020, 05:43 AM |#63  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

Haha, don't worry about it, I've been there too

I set the preferences in notepad++ to always use LF line endings until I switched to linux and never looked back

I swore id converted an saved it, but i have made the global change for line endings now to avoid unpleasantness or brain farts in the near future...

Sadly i have to use windows programs for remote monitoring of NVR's etc and so im kinda stuck 11 months of the year, and i dont have room for another PC to dedicate to Linux sadly, and, well i dont like dual booting

I did have a nice holiday back in Mint over xmas Id actually decided to spend some more time in Linux so i got install crazy and went through Arch/DeepinOS/ElementaryOS and i think PeppermintOS ..the last 3 as part of trying to recommend an easy to use Linux for a friend who refuses to move off Windows 7 to 10. I just keep coming back to Mint as i have for years. But Deepins desktop is the prettiest and most functional desktop youve ever seen, if youre not a hard core XFCE minimalist fan that is
13th February 2020, 05:54 AM |#64  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I swore id converted an saved it, but i have made the global change for line endings now to avoid unpleasantness or brain farts in the near future...

Sadly i have to use windows programs for remote monitoring of NVR's etc and so im kinda stuck 11 months of the year, and i dont have room for another PC to dedicate to Linux sadly, and, well i dont like dual booting

I did have a nice holiday back in Mint over xmas Id actually decided to spend some more time in Linux so i got install crazy and went through Arch/DeepinOS/ElementaryOS and i think PeppermintOS ..the last 3 as part of trying to recommend an easy to use Linux for a friend who refuses to move off Windows 7 to 10. I just keep coming back to Mint as i have for years. But Deepins desktop is the prettiest and most functional desktop youve ever seen, if youre not a hard core XFCE minimalist fan that is

I liked deeping but it' settings were limited though. I started out on Mint but prefer rolling release distros. I recommend Solus to noobs and Arch to devs - I use Manjaro xfce myself
13th February 2020, 06:17 AM |#65  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:

I liked deeping but it' settings were limited though. I started out on Mint but prefer rolling release distros. I recommend Solus to noobs and Arch to devs - I use Manjaro xfce myself

Cheers, for your help and ill have a look at Solus

And now, back to the regular thread programming...ive been enough of a distraction methinks

Cheers
14th February 2020, 10:46 PM |#66  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,493

More
Quote:

Personally I always used Debian Testing, sprinkled with Unstable and Experimental. (This setup is a rolling release)

I do plan on trying Arch next time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 03:04 AM |#67  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,794

Donate to Me
More
For any Linux noobs I'd recommend Fedora. Was running Raspbian and Manjaro previously on my Raspberry pi then a friend of mine recommend I try Fedora once I got a working PC and I've not looked back. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 03:56 AM |#68  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittles9823

For any Linux noobs I'd recommend Fedora. Was running Raspbian and Manjaro previously on my Raspberry pi then a friend of mine recommend I try Fedora once I got a working PC and I've not looked back. ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

You using a fedora spin? Fedora took me some extra setup steps adding rpmfusion and such but it is a lot more stable now and very vanilla to the DE
15th February 2020, 04:40 AM |#69  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,794

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

You using a fedora spin? Fedora took me some extra setup steps adding rpmfusion and such but it is a lot more stable now and very vanilla to the DE

Yea in using the cinnamon spin. Yea gotta get rpmfusion and rpmfusion nonfree repos, but after that you're good.

I haven't tried mint but the DE is top tier. I'm too used to dnf now anyway that going back to apt seems like a step backwards in efficiency.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Skittles9823 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skittles9823 Ad-Free
16th February 2020, 06:58 PM |#70  
Flag Sydney

More
Okay im lost again, and its not line endings

Do i have to do anything special to get the uninstall.sh file in the plugin root copied to the module folder, because nothing ive tried works.....worked fine with old magisk module format.....

Every other file gets copied as expected

If i rename uninstall.sh to something else it gets copied....
17th February 2020, 05:14 AM |#71  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Okay im lost again, and its not line endings

Do i have to do anything special to get the uninstall.sh file in the plugin root copied to the module folder, because nothing ive tried works.....worked fine with old magisk module format.....

Every other file gets copied as expected

If i rename uninstall.sh to something else it gets copied....

That's expected behavior. I fine tuned a lot with mmtex and one of those is that the uninstall script only gets placed if it's needed, i.e. if there are files installed outside of the module directory. Most modules won't have this occur and so they won't have the script placed
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magisk, module, template, unity

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)