FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MAGISK][MODULE] OnePlus 3 aptX High Res Audio

650 posts
Thanks Meter: 312

By dreinulldrei, Senior Member on 20th January 2017, 05:27 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
THIS IS STILL BETA.

This Magisk module should enable the aptX Bluetooth codec on OnePlus 3(T). It may very well work on other devices with Qualcomm processors. It should work on Nougat but there are reports it may work on Marshmallow, too.

This module is based on the work of @dh.harald and @dr_root. Please see this thread for more info: https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...codec-t3521228

I turned this into a Magisk module so you should benefit from an easy and systemless install.

I lack the proper hardware to test this. Please test and give feedback.

It's free. Hit the THANKS button if you like it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip magisk-module-op3aptx.zip - [Click for QR Code] (27.5 KB, 11394 views)
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to dreinulldrei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dreinulldrei Ad-Free

23rd January 2017, 12:22 PM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 886

Donate to Me
More
Anyone test this with a Nexus 6P? I'm tempted to try it myself...

EDIT: Looks like it works with every Snapdragon 8XX and 6XX device but requires you to be on a CAF/CM/Lineage based ROM.
24th January 2017, 04:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I confirm this works on OnePlus One using LineageOs 14.1. To see if it works, just use Logcat and search for "aptx".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to locky1220 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift locky1220 Ad-Free
25th January 2017, 11:53 AM |#4  
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Yes! Perfect!
25th January 2017, 04:49 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Massive thanks for this! The module fixes the only flaw I have so far found in this phone.
1st February 2017, 12:39 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 312

More
So I guess it's safe to add it to the repo as well...
8th February 2017, 03:10 PM |#7  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can confirm that this works on OnePlus 3T w/ OOS 4.0.2 - Can see it select aptx codec in logcat. Thanks!

Edit: No longer working on 4.1.0.
12th February 2017, 01:16 AM |#8  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Hi, this module seems to be incompatible with Magisk 11.1. Flashed it on my Nexus 6P stock ROM (7.1.1) and it went into bootloop.
12th February 2017, 02:02 PM |#9  
Flag Oulu
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikb

Hi, this module seems to be incompatible with Magisk 11.1. Flashed it on my Nexus 6P stock ROM (7.1.1) and it went into bootloop.

More likely it's incompatible with Nexus 6P. See the "Oneplus 3" part in the module name?
12th February 2017, 04:18 PM |#10  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadelor

More likely it's incompatible with Nexus 6P. See the "Oneplus 3" part in the module name?

This works on Magisk 10.2 regardless of phone. If you go to it's actual thread, you'll see people have reported this working on other phones apart from OnePlus 3.
14th February 2017, 01:19 PM |#11  
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 981

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikb

This works on Magisk 10.2 regardless of phone. If you go to it's actual thread, you'll see people have reported this working on other phones apart from OnePlus 3.

It only works for phones that OFFICIALLY HAVE SUPPORT and or ARE USING QUALCOMM BLUETOOTH STACK. Sorry for the caps, but after being on that aptX thread and trying to get it on bullhead for three weeks, I don't want people to waste their time doing the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to LazerL0rd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LazerL0rd Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aptx, systemless

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)