[Magisk][Module] OnePlus 3(T) Wifi Channel Bonding Enabler

Search This thread

shobuddy

Aug 16, 2012
Just sharing my experience: I'm on OOS 4.0.3 with root on my OP3 and have a 2.4GHz router at home with 200MBps d/l speed subscription. I used Root Browser and changed gChannelBondingMode24GHz=0 to gChannelBondingMode24GHz=1. My speeds have not changed. I am still getting about 25Mbps to 27 Mbps.

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
Great, thanx!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170228-002112.png
    Screenshot_20170228-002112.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 598

Jadelor

Just sharing my experience: I'm on OOS 4.0.3 with root on my OP3 and have a 2.4GHz router at home with 200MBps d/l speed subscription. I used Root Browser and changed gChannelBondingMode24GHz=0 to gChannelBondingMode24GHz=1. My speeds have not changed. I am still getting about 25Mbps to 27 Mbps.

~25mbps is much lower than even regular narrowband 2.4GHz usually gives you. There's something seriously wrong somewhere with your setup, I'd troubleshoot the router at this point.

Reactions: shobuddy

shobuddy

Aug 16, 2012
~25mbps is much lower than even regular narrowband 2.4GHz usually gives you. There's something seriously wrong somewhere with your setup, I'd troubleshoot the router at this point.

My router is in the basement and the speed test was done on the 1st floor. If I go to the basement I get 80Mbps.

Jadelor

My router is in the basement and the speed test was done on the 1st floor. If I go to the basement I get 80Mbps.

Alright. In that case, it's not something the phone can help. The problem is, the basement ceiling absorbs/blocks the wifi.
IF the router has rotatable antennae, try to set them so that the antenna's end points at the wall instead of the ceiling, so wifi is directed upwards.
IF that's not possible or doesn't help at all, I'm afraid only relocating your router or perhaps buying wifi extenders for the other floors can help.

shobuddy

Aug 16, 2012
Alright. In that case, it's not something the phone can help. The problem is, the basement ceiling absorbs/blocks the wifi.
IF the router has rotatable antennae, try to set them so that the antenna's end points at the wall instead of the ceiling, so wifi is directed upwards.
IF that's not possible or doesn't help at all, I'm afraid only relocating your router or perhaps buying wifi extenders for the other floors can help.

We moved into a new construction home last year and had the builders wire three Ethernet ports, two on the first floor and one on the second floor. The feed for these ports is from the basement (router) and that's why we have the router in the basement. I have noticed that the orientation of the antennae makes a difference. I currently have them diagonal but will try facing them more perpendicular, towards the walls. Still able to stream Chromecast on the second floor but I'm sure w/a faster connection, Chromecast would be faster. Hardwiring the TV to the ethernet port is much faster than wifi. At some point I'll have to upgrade to an ac router but since the current one is sufficing, haven't done so yet.

Jadelor

We moved into a new construction home last year and had the builders wire three Ethernet ports, two on the first floor and one on the second floor. The feed for these ports is from the basement (router) and that's why we have the router in the basement. I have noticed that the orientation of the antennae makes a difference. I currently have them diagonal but will try facing them more perpendicular, towards the walls. Still able to stream Chromecast on the second floor but I'm sure w/a faster connection, Chromecast would be faster. Hardwiring the TV to the ethernet port is much faster than wifi. At some point I'll have to upgrade to an ac router but since the current one is sufficing, haven't done so yet.

The antennae tend to radiate like this: <- | -> so if you have them pointing horizontally, the wifi is spread vertically. Anyway, this is getting off topic, but finally, I wish you luck! [edit] Oh, and you can get a Chromecast Ethernet Adapter from Google if you need a reliable connection for Chromecast: https://store.google.com/product/ethernet_adapter_for_chromecast

Reactions: shobuddy

Vallhalen

Sep 14, 2012
Magisk manager refuses with "this is not magisk module" is there any way to install it manually ?

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
That is what I'm asking haha !
I cant find the zip

Wtf ? I was on the app since 1h and it now shows !
Thank you !

There's no zip for the modules on GitHub... You download the files and make a zip yourself. The module has been (partly) updated to the latest module template now, that's why it didn't show in the Manager earlier. In the Manager you'll only find modules that has been updated for the latest template.

It's been updated and back in the Magisk App.

That's not a proper update for the latest template... There are changes to other files as well, not only the module.prop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

I have an OnePlus 3T and apparently OpePlus simply took the default WiFi config file provided by Qualcomm. This means that while for 5GHz channel bonding is enabled, 2.4GHz connections only use 20MHz wide channels, whereas channel bonding would allow to use 40MHz (where supported by the router).

This problem can be remedied by editing the config file WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini located in system/etc/wifi. However, I found it unpleasant to modify my system partition as Magisk would give me systemless root and Xposed. So I did a very simply Magisk Module to overcome this.

To my understanding, this configuration is the same for OP3 and OP3T - but can't say for sure.

EDIT: Download removed. Now in official Repo.

Thanks!

BTW: It's free. If you like it, hit the THANKS button. If you want to donate, please donate to @topjohnwu for making Magisk!
    I did some further testing and it works. The link speed doubled. See the Screenshots.

System/vendor/etc/wifi

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Have the same question.

---------- Post added at 08:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

This not working anymore in oreo? where is the file located?

See above
    It does work even on the Nougat version of OOS. @dreinulldrei, you really should apply for the repo because this is a solid mod.

I applied for a repository, but so far no response from topjohnwu. Guess he's working on next release of Magisk.
    It's on the official repo now.