FORUMS

Magisk root detected by app

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By caniko2, Junior Member on 21st January 2019, 08:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am using the DnB online banking app. The new version of the app, released a few days ago, detects magisk root with hide turned on. Safetynett is also intact. Thought it may be of interest; I will be using the older version for now.

Link to app page:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...no.apps.dnbnor
The Following User Says Thank You to caniko2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift caniko2 Ad-Free
21st January 2019, 10:15 AM |#2  
Flag Slough
Thanks Meter: 648

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniko2

I am using the DnB online banking app. The new version of the app, released a few days ago, detects magisk root with hide turned on. Safetynett is also intact. Thought it may be of interest; I will be using the older version for now.

Link to app page:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...no.apps.dnbnor

I have the same issue with Santander Wallet. But SafetyNet is intact and I am able to use GPay.

Please share if you find a solution elsewhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smohanv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smohanv Ad-Free
26th January 2019, 12:52 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Any solution to this?
28th January 2019, 09:50 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 789

Donate to Me
More
My banking app checks if ADB debugging is enabled, but it still says "root detected". If I disable ADB debugging, it works fine

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
28th January 2019, 10:20 AM |#5  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Same thing with the Barclays banking app. It was working fine until a few days ago with Magisk Hide. Now, the app sends a superuser request and no matter what you choose (grant or deny), it detects the phone is rooted and gives a message that it doesn't support rooted devices. Also, the app hasn't updated since January 4th, so something else must have changed.

Edit. Using this method worked for me https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...3#post77321403
The Following User Says Thank You to giannis_ch For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift giannis_ch Ad-Free
28th January 2019, 12:31 PM |#6  
Flag Dortmund
Thanks Meter: 302

More
I use two apps which are detecting root in my OnePlus 6 with OOS Beta 11 and Magisk 18:
22nd February 2019, 11:24 PM |#7  
Flag Kristiansand
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same problem
23rd February 2019, 03:38 PM |#8  
Flag Southwest, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 192

Donate to Me
More
Well, I am not using a "Banking" app. But can say that an install of the Marlboro app.!!!
Install was ok. However, when starting app, it said that my phone was rooted! Then it stated that it can not be used on my devise and shut down. Will not actually restart now!
Devise - Samsung Galaxy S5, On Lineage 15.1 latest build, as well as Unofficial 16.0 build. With or with out SmartPack Kernel.
Both using the Latest Magisk 8.1!
(Yes, no Exposed used) just a few modules...
P. S. I can say, in 7.0-7.3 this was NOT an issue.

My only, other issue with 8.0 an 8.1.... Extremely hard to use the 2nd Partition (formatted - Ext4) Using Link2SD Plus! Can say didn't not have this on on prior Versions.

Still trying to fix this, but nothing yet (working many hours this past week) and nothing to stick... Yet!

Tanx for letting me blow off some steam on this...
23rd February 2019, 04:35 PM |#9  
Forum Moderator / Developer Relations
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9,814

Donate to Me
More
Anyone that's having issues with root detecting apps could give the new MagiskHide implementation a try (it's been rewritten from scratch). Would be interesting to know if there's any improvement... Currently only found in the Canary builds (as of now at build 18108), but will of course find it's way to a stable release eventually. Having more users test the new implementation before a stable release is of course always nice though...
23rd February 2019, 05:48 PM |#10  
Flag Cáceres
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tried beta manager, same thing. Unable to pay with Google pay.
23rd February 2019, 06:27 PM |#11  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Tesco pay+ now detects root as of today. It is enabled in Magisk Hide. App last updated 31st Jan but it was working fine last weekend - Google changed detection possibly?
The Following User Says Thank You to Salty Wagyu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Salty Wagyu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)