FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Magisk][Module] su xbin_bind v1.2-20170417

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 104

By laggardkernel, Senior Member on 28th February 2017, 02:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Intro

Expose your su to standard location /system/xbin/su systemless-ly.
Though it helps grant root permission to some apps, this trick breaks safetynet.

Just made a simple module try to solve the /sbin/su not detectable problem. This module will look for existing su binary, and create a link as /magisk/su_xbin_bind/system/xbin/su pointing to the real su. The link will also be mounted as /system/xbin/su systemless-ly later.

Installation
Flash it in Magisk manager or through recovery, then reboot. You will find a link /system/xbin/su. All the work is done systemless-ly.

Uninstallation
Open Magisk Manager, go to Modules, disable or uninstall the module called "Su xbin_bind". Then it will disappear after reboot.

su-xbin-bind on github

Changelog

v1.2 20170417
Add Magisk v12 support.

v1.1 20170323
- make it compatible with Magisk v11.5/11.6

Update 20170228
- Since a little syntax error in the mounting script from Magisk v11.0-v11.5, mounting links systemless-ly won't success. Hence we choose to copy but not to link the su binary for v11.0-v11.5. Don't worry, both methods are systemless.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to laggardkernel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laggardkernel Ad-Free

28th February 2017, 02:10 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved.
28th February 2017, 03:31 AM |#3  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
Hi, will this not make safetynet fail?
28th February 2017, 04:58 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikb

Hi, will this not make safetynet fail?

It will obviously. Because su is exposed to /system/xbin/su and will be detected.
The Following User Says Thank You to laggardkernel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift laggardkernel Ad-Free
3rd March 2017, 12:23 PM |#5  
Flag The Poconos
Thanks Meter: 2,698

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by laggardkernel

It will obviously. Because su is exposed to /system/xbin/su and will be detected.

Wouldn't magiskhide unmount that and therefore pass safetynet?
6th March 2017, 02:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
I used your module to fix TiBackup freeze when restorins apps.

TiBackup troubleshooting (http://www.titaniumtrack.com/kb/tita...restoring-apps) reports that this issue is connected with wrong su permissions in /system/bin and /system/xbin. Since these are not available due to systemless root, I though that your module would represent an elegant fix... and it did!
Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leonardus_magnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leonardus_magnus Ad-Free
8th March 2017, 07:16 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,098

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardus_magnus

I used your module to fix TiBackup freeze when restorins apps.

TiBackup troubleshooting (http://www.titaniumtrack.com/kb/tita...estoring-apps) reports that this issue is connected with wrong su permissions in /system/bin and /system/xbin. Since these are not available due to systemless root, I though that your module would represent an elegant fix... and it did!
Thanks!

Does ur safety net fail with this module?
8th March 2017, 07:42 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennet

Does ur safety net fail with this module?

Oh c'mon, you cannot be serious... On Xda forums you have threads with hundreds of pages and I would admit you did not read all of them... but your answer has already been replied on post n. 4 in this page... I can' believe it...
The Following User Says Thank You to leonardus_magnus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leonardus_magnus Ad-Free
8th March 2017, 07:51 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2,098

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardus_magnus

Oh c'mon, you cannot be serious... On Xda forums you have threads with hundreds of pages and I would admit you did not read all of them... but your answer has already been replied on post n. 4 in this page... I can' believe it...

Yah i saw it lol....
But magisk usually dismounts xbin folder...
Then it unusual to get it detected unless it is physically present der...
So just wanted to confirm it before flashing...
8th March 2017, 08:00 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennet

Yah i saw it lol....
But magisk usually dismounts xbin folder...
Then it unusual to get it detected unless it is physically present der...
So just wanted to confirm it before flashing...

Ok safety net not passed on my device... but it's not an issue at all for me...
12th March 2017, 07:50 AM |#11  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Unfortunately, doesn't fix the Titanium Backup issue (freezing or restoring app) for me on Galaxy S6 Android 6.0. This also broke SafetyNet for me, even after uninstalling the module from Xposed and rebooted.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
magisk, module

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)