FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Microsoft Intune Company Portal

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By mrhubris, Member on 24th May 2017, 05:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi

I've search the forums but apart from finding several people with the same issue, i didn't find anything useful.

I'm running LOS14.1 on a OP3 with latest Magisk. Safetynet passes but the MS Intune company portal seems to be detecting that the device is rooted. Turning off root however is not fixing this. Any idea on how it detects this or are there solutions via Magisk for dealing with this (or other solutions off course).

Regards
Mrhubris
25th May 2017, 11:31 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubris

Hi

I've search the forums but apart from finding several people with the same issue, i didn't find anything useful.

I'm running LOS14.1 on a OP3 with latest Magisk. Safetynet passes but the MS Intune company portal seems to be detecting that the device is rooted. Turning off root however is not fixing this. Any idea on how it detects this or are there solutions via Magisk for dealing with this (or other solutions off course).

Regards
Mrhubris

I am on stock Lollipop rooted using Magisk 11.6. Outlook wouldn't start for me even though magisk hide was enabled and safetynet passed. I used the Tasker app to get around the root check with the with the following tasks:
Launch App (Outlook)
Run Shell command:
su
chmod 0754 /data/magisk
sleep 25
chmod 0755 /data/magisk

This launches the outlook app and changes the permissions of the magisk folder for 25 seconds so that when it does the root check after I input my pin everything checks out. After 25 seconds it restores the permissions to what they were, and root continues to work. I exported this as an app (long hold on task, click menu in upper right and export as app) and it seems to work like a charm.

I tried changing permissions on the individual files in the /system/data/magisk folder, but that didn't work. changing the permissions on the whole /system/data/magisk directory to 0754 seems to do the trick.

You can also use a root file manager to change the permissions, but you have to be careful because if the file browser loses its root privilege before changing the permissions back, you will lose your root capabilities until rebooting into TWRP recovery to do a chmod 0755 on the magisk folder. It's more inconvenient than having tasker do it, but it works.

Hope this helps somewhat.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dizzybrow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dizzybrow Ad-Free
30th May 2017, 01:19 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
The only issue I'm having is that tasker seems to be a paid app. I'm not willing to pay money if I'm not sure it works.
This is why asked the question. In the other threads I read it was clear that this is not always working so I asked the question in here specifically for magisk.

Regards
Mrhubris
30th May 2017, 02:27 PM |#4  
Didgeridoohan's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 8,084
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubris

The only issue I'm having is that tasker seems to be a paid app. I'm not willing to pay money if I'm not sure it works.
This is why asked the question. In the other threads I read it was clear that this is not always working so I asked the question in here specifically for magisk.

Regards
Mrhubris

Tasker is definitely worth it! If you're worried you can try by doing the chmod manually first.
1st June 2017, 09:27 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag san diego, ca
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
@dizzybrow

Thank you! Purchased Tasker just to do this and it worked!
2nd June 2017, 03:50 AM |#6  
Deic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 984
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybrow

I am on stock Lollipop rooted using Magisk 11.6. Outlook wouldn't start for me even though magisk hide was enabled and safetynet passed. I used the Tasker app to get around the root check with the with the following tasks:
Launch App (Outlook)
Run Shell command:
su
chmod 0754 /data/magisk
sleep 25
chmod 0755 /data/magisk

This launches the outlook app and changes the permissions of the magisk folder for 25 seconds so that when it does the root check after I input my pin everything checks out. After 25 seconds it restores the permissions to what they were, and root continues to work. I exported this as an app (long hold on task, click menu in upper right and export as app) and it seems to work like a charm.

I tried changing permissions on the individual files in the /system/data/magisk folder, but that didn't work. changing the permissions on the whole /system/data/magisk directory to 0754 seems to do the trick.

You can also use a root file manager to change the permissions, but you have to be careful because if the file browser loses its root privilege before changing the permissions back, you will lose your root capabilities until rebooting into TWRP recovery to do a chmod 0755 on the magisk folder. It's more inconvenient than having tasker do it, but it works.

Hope this helps somewhat.

I can use Outlook app without Magisk Hide, I don't understand why you need do that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Deic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deic Ad-Free
2nd June 2017, 10:51 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag san diego, ca
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deic

I can use Outlook app without Magisk Hide, I don't understand why you need do that.

Each company has different policies. Also some don't use intune (maybe that's you).
25th June 2017, 02:24 PM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Time for another update.
The problem is not necessarly the oulook app. It's the Intune Company Portal that's closing everything up. Is there a way around this?

From my experience it even trips on unsigned custom roms. Currently Paranoid Android is the only one not giving me problems.

as far as i can tell it detects:
- signed / Un-signed
- root (the binaries itself). Disabling root results in the exact same error notification
25th June 2017, 06:30 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
If magisk.hide is enabled for the app, there is no way it will detect the root binaries.
Detection could be due to the build props .. ones such as
ro.build.tags=release-keys
ro.build.type=user

Have you tried setting the above build.prop properties to the value mentioned above. These are not set like this for custom roms.
You may try the attached magisk module to set these.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Release_Keys_Enabler.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.7 KB, 370 views)
25th June 2017, 10:31 PM |#10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Changing these build props is not working.
Root beer sample is still detecting dangerous props and safetynet is also triggering.
26th June 2017, 02:17 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 277
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhubris

Changing these build props is not working.
Root beer sample is still detecting dangerous props and safetynet is also triggering.

Then you have some other issue. Both, root bear and safteynet should pass easily with magisk on custom roms.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes