This is a little mod to the Magisk Module Template that allows you to patch APK files on-the-fly and have them created as a Magisk Module.
For example, you could have a modified camera module for your ROM, where this patcher would replace the classes.dex file with mods, then pack that as a Magisk Module, using the original file found in the /system (ROM)
For some of the devs that have been around for a while, you would be aware of the old VRTheme modding system, which would allow you to patch files on-the-fly. EvilTheme is basically a newer version of that, so combined with Magisk can be very useful
Here's what this module CAN do:
- Replace resources.arsc, classes.dex, AndroidManifest.xml, and META-INF folder
- Replace compiled res folders / files
Here's what this module CAN'T do:
- Replace files in res/values or smali folders
How to use EVilTheme
(Example using /system/priv-app/SecSettings2.apk)
- In the eviltheme folder, go to system and make a folder called priv-app. Inside it, make another folder called SecSettings2.apk
- Now make folders as necessary, according to the location of the files you want to theme. For example, battery_icon_50.png is located in res/drawable-hdpi, so make a folder named res inside SecSettings2.apk.
Inside it, create a folder named drawable-hdpi, then paste your new battery_icon_50.png inside.
- Repeat step 2 until you've placed your theme files in their appropriate locations.
- When you're done, go back to the root folder of the theme (the one that contains eviltheme, engine, etc.) and put all the objects in a ZIP file.
You should use Deflate compression with compression level on Normal, but if your theme is huge, you can safely try compressing using Deflate and the level set to Ultra or whatever high level is available.
- Test your mod.
For information regarding the Magisk Module subbmision etc, please read the information HERE
Link to Github Repository: HERE