FORUMS

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,134

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 03:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
4th August 2016, 07:10 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swipp3r

Stuck at boot screen on the S7 Exynos variant, is this just for stock Android or did i do something wrong? I flashed the Magisk v1 then the phh root zip now im stuck at the boot screen 🤔

Sure you probably did something wrong.
For starters you gave way to little information.
Did you follow the procedure from the OP exactly ?
What rom do you have, custom recovery if any, custom kernel if any ?
How did you flash ?
Come on people give this information by yourself please, don't let us pull it out of you everytime.
You know you are the one needing help than please try to give detailed information about your problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grep_i For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift grep_i Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 07:43 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grep_i

Sure you probably did something wrong.
For starters you gave way to little information.
Did you follow the procedure from the OP exactly ?
What rom do you have, custom recovery if any, custom kernel if any ?
How did you flash ?
Come on people give this information by yourself please, don't let us pull it out of you everytime.
You know you are the one needing help than please try to give detailed information about your problem.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Stock marshmallow, flashed via twrp, and yes i followed the op correctly. No custom kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to swipp3r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swipp3r Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 07:49 AM |#13  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2,397

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Stuck at boot screen on the S7 Exynos variant, is this just for stock Android or did i do something wrong? I flashed the Magisk v1 then the phh root zip now im stuck at the boot screen ��

Did you flash phh's root zip from this thread's Downloads section or from original phh's thread? If the latter, then that's probably the culprit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nezorflame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nezorflame Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 07:50 AM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezorflame

[/COLOR]

Did you flash phh's root zip from this thread's Downloads section or from original phh's thread? If the latter, then that's probably the culprit.

The threads download section. Should i have downloaded from phhs thread?
4th August 2016, 07:52 AM |#15  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2,397

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The threads download section. Should i have downloaded from phhs thread?

Nah, you did right, I checked just in case, because thought of it myself. Need the developer's help then.
4th August 2016, 07:56 AM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezorflame

Nah, you did right, I checked just in case, because thought of it myself. Need the developer's help then.

Thanks for trying bro.....
4th August 2016, 08:04 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
@topjohnwu this new "magisk" method. It doesn't allow Android Pay to work on custom roms like CyanogenMod does it? If I remove SU from CyanogenMod and use your root.
4th August 2016, 08:29 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
Magisk on (Yu Yureka) ARM64 device
i did a full clean wipe and then flashed rom, magisk and 'Magisk Compatible phh's SuperUser' - in that order. magisk manager app does not open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magisk Manager.jpg
Views:	11782
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	3832794  
Attached Files
File Type: zip beanmagisklog.zip - [Click for QR Code] (81.4 KB, 1010 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0han Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 08:36 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 940

More
Holy crap.. everything universal with support for extensions. This platform could be the beginning of a new era in mods. @topjohnwu amazing work. Don't want to be rude, but personally I think the name of the project is not as awesome as the project itself. "Magisk" sounds a bit cheesy..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knpk13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knpk13 Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 09:02 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 779

Donate to Me
More
great work, will try it out soon! one little thing i noticed in the thread title...i guess it should be 2016
4th August 2016, 09:11 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

Holy crap.. everything universal with support for extensions. This platform could be the beginning of a new era in mods. @topjohnwu amazing work. Don't want to be rude, but personally I think the name of the project is not as awesome as the project itself. "Magisk" sounds a bit cheesy..

Do you have any other better option for a name?
I guess the intention was to make it easily Googlable by using a lesser known word.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)