FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,856

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
17th March 2018, 12:01 AM |#23601  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,078

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael.Shuldman

I ran su(8) from the adb shell, but was too slow in granting the superuser request in magisk (I saw the prompt from magisk, but did not manage to grant in time). After that if run su(8) again, there is no prompt but the request is immediately denied in the shell (permission denied). In the magisk log, I see "su: request rejected". I'm guessing magisk has remembered that I did not grant permission, and now does not prompt again. I can't see any cache for magisk in the app settings, and rebooting did not help either. How can I get magisk to prompt again?

With kind regards, Michael Shuldman

Magisk Manager|menu (top left)|# Superuser
Find the app and slide the toggle to the right. Permission will be granted.
(Alternately tap on the app name and hit the garbage can in the drop down. That will delete the entry and you'll get prompted again)

---------- Post added 17th March 2018 at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th March 2018 at 11:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNobody

This is where things get tricky. I'm not sure how to do this.

I checked and saw that logd wasn't running (ps|grep logd).
I tried to just run logd, but nothing happens.
All the help I've seen is about removing / disabling logd, but I can't find anything about enabling it.

What's the output of
Code:
ls -l /system/bin/*logd*
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free

17th March 2018, 12:04 AM |#23602  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,111

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplebird

Is there any way to specifically uninstall the selinux module from TWRP, only thing I can think of. JUST got this phone all set up from scratch and then I go and do something dumb like this...

Thanks for your help.

There is a magisk module mm (magisk module for recovery mode) which can be used to disable a module from TWRP. (https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...-mode-t3693165) You may flash it from TWRP, too.

And there should be a switch to disable all modules on Magisk (core only). I have to search in the magisk doc how to set it from recovery...
17th March 2018, 12:08 AM |#23603  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Installed selinux module set to permissive and restarted device and now it won't go beyond the boot animation. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Magisk, and just deleting the magisk .img from /data. Reinstalled my kernel using TWRP since selinux I believed to be reset by reinstalling kernel and device still will not boot. Is there any way to specifically uninstall the selinux module from TWRP, only thing I can think of. JUST got this phone all set up from scratch and then I go and do something dumb like this...

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Installed selinux module set to permissive and restarted device and now it won't go beyond the boot animation. Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Magisk, and just deleting the magisk .img from /data. Reinstalled my kernel using TWRP since selinux I believed to be reset by reinstalling kernel and device still will not boot. Is there any way to specifically uninstall the selinux module from TWRP, only thing I can think of. JUST got this phone all set up from scratch and then I go and do something dumb like this...

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Thanks for your help.
17th March 2018, 01:42 AM |#23604  
Thanks Meter: 422

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samplebird

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Thanks for your help.

Run Magisk Uninstaller from the OP, it will remove all the modules.
17th March 2018, 02:24 AM |#23605  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmm11

What's the output of

Code:
ls -l /system/bin/*logd*

Code:
[email protected]:/ # ls -l /system/bin/*logd*
-rwxr-xr-x root     shell       17984 2008-12-31 09:00 epmlogd
-rwxr-xr-x root     shell       50788 2008-12-31 09:00 logd
[email protected]:/ #
It's there, and it has the execute permissions...
17th March 2018, 02:46 AM |#23606  
Thanks Meter: 658

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfom

Hello there!

I was using Mayisj v14.0 for systemless root and systemless host adblocking on a Samsung S5 mini running stock Android M. Every was fine until I upgraded Magisk Manager to the latest version 5.6 2, then I noticed the host ad blocking module was gone. I then tried to upgrade Magisk to the latest version v16.0 but it fails trying to repack the boot image (log attached). Any help?

Well, after many tries and hours, I could successfully install Magisk v15.3 with latest Magisk Manager (v5.6.2) using TWRP:
1. Go back to OP and download the ZIPs for Uninstaller, v14.0 and v15.3;
2. Install TWRP and flash Magisk Uninstaller (PS: It may not work at first, you may need to install Magisk, use the built-in uninstaller, then flash Uninstaller and even use the File Manager from TWRP to remove any trace os Magisk from /data before successfully install Magisk again);
3. Reboot and wait until system does everything then reboot again to TWRP, make sure there is no Magisk files/folders in "/data" and "/data/adb";
4. Flash v14.0 then boot, wait a bit and make sure everything is working fine, including installing modules and SafetyNet check. If you don't see Magisk Manager, install the version from v14.0 zip (it's inside /common folder, I think it's v5.3.0);
5. Finally boot again to TWRP and flash v15.3, boot again and you may want to upgrade manager to v5.6.2 now.

This way I have now a fully working v15.3 that can install latest modules, including Unified Host Adblock v3.7 (latest as of now). But still I cannot install v16.0 using Magisk Manager, it still fails repacking boot.img, same error as it was with v14.0 and Magisk Manager v5.6.2. I didn't try flashing v16.0 yet, as I am kinda tired of what I have done so far. This thread is huge, but maybe it will help someone else...

Regards.
17th March 2018, 03:40 AM |#23607  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

What's the output of

It's there, and it has the execute permissions...

Hmm - so much for the easy solution. Normally logd is started from /init.rc There should be like 3+ lines in there referencing logd. Check and make sure they're there.
What ROM? What kernel? If the references aren't in init.rc my first suspect would be the kernel eliminating it as a battery saving measure. If they are in there then it's getting shutdown somehow.
What happens if you, as root, enter:
Code:
start logd
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
17th March 2018, 03:53 AM |#23608  

More
Quote:

Hmm - so much for the easy solution. Normally logd is started from /init.rc There should be like 3+ lines in there referencing logd. Check and make sure they're there.
What ROM? What kernel? If the references aren't in init.rc my first suspect would be the kernel eliminating it as a battery saving measure. If they are in there then it's getting shutdown somehow.
What happens if you, as root, enter:

Code:
start logd

Code:
[email protected]:/ # start logd
[email protected]:/ # ps | grep logd
1|[email protected]:/ #
I don't see logd anywhere in /etc/init.rc...

Code:
2|[email protected]:/ # fgrep -r logd /etc/*
/etc/event-log-tags:1004 logd (dropped|3)
fgrep: /etc/firmware/wcd9320/wcd9320_anc.bin: No such file or directory
fgrep: /etc/firmware/wcd9320/wcd9320_mad_audio.bin: No such file or directory
fgrep: /etc/firmware/wcd9320/wcd9320_mbhc.bin: No such file or directory
fgrep: /etc/firmware/wlan/qca_cld/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini: No such file or directory
fgrep: /etc/firmware/wlan/qca_cld/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin: No such file or directory
/etc/irremovable_list.txt:/system/bin/logd
/etc/irremovable_list.txt:/system/bin/epmlogd
2|[email protected]:/ #
It's a stock QI1 marshmallow Sprint Galaxy Note 4 (910P). I switched to it because the only custom ROM on QI1 firmware for that phone has some other issues... but it does have a working MagiskHide setup...
17th March 2018, 04:13 AM |#23609  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

I don't see logd anywhere in /etc/init.rc...

It's a stock QI1 marshmallow Sprint Galaxy Note 4 (910P). I switched to it because the only custom ROM on QI1 firmware for that phone has some other issues... but it does have a working MagiskHide setup...

Not /etc/init.rc, just /init.rc
It's in the root of the phone. And at this point I'm stumped. Sorry. Why the start statement doesn't work I don't know. I'd say check the log, but . . . 😋

Hmm - can you extract the kernel from the other ROM and try using that? It's a longshot, but it might work. Or are there any custom kernels available?
17th March 2018, 04:21 AM |#23610  

More
Quote:

Not /etc/init.rc, just /init.rc
It's in the root of the phone. And at this point I'm stumped. Sorry. Why the start statement doesn't work I don't know. I'd say check the log, but . . . 😋

Hmm - can you extract the kernel from the other ROM and try using that? It's a longshot, but it might work. Or are there any custom kernels available?

Hmm... You might be on to something...

https://pastebin.com/MGJfCGpx

Logd is commented out.

I should be able to grab init.rc from the ROM and compare it to this to see what changes were made.
17th March 2018, 04:43 AM |#23611  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,340

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvbaal

So now I have done a clean Magisk installation as per your suggestion. I un-installed from Magisk manager and chose ¨Complete uninstall¨. Then i re-installed Magisk v16.0 via TWRP adb sideload. I suppose this is what you meant by clean Magisk installation?
Then I checked last_log found in /cache/recovery/last_log and I still see ¨losetup: /data/adb/magisk.img: No such file or directory¨

I attach last_log.

Again: /data/adb/magisk.img is just there. What on earth could be the issue here? Or might it be Huawei encrypting /data maybe?

Is adb sideload an approved method for installing Magisk?
I've always just booted to to TWRP, hit the install button, choose image button, select boot, reflashed my stock boot.img, then hit the install button in the twrp upper left again and choose the Magisk.zip, to flash it and Magisk patches my stock boot.img.
The Following User Says Thank You to martyfender For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martyfender Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)