FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,693

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
16th September 2018, 11:43 AM |#27601  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Has the problem with magisk hide / root detection solved? The app in question here is Airwatch, grants access to my work emails but despite setting up magisk hide properly root gets detected.

It was mentioned that Google's new API implementation is the culprit here.

I haven't tried clearing magisk data and then check my app considering API change.

Also, will we be notified of an update from Dev if available here?

16th September 2018, 11:46 AM |#27602  
Flag Castelvetro di Modena
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayur.3.92

Has the problem with magisk hide / root detection solved? The app in question here is Airwatch, grants access to my work emails but despite setting up magisk hide properly root gets detected.

It was mentioned that googles new API implementation is the culprit here.

I haven't tried clearing magisk data and then check my app considering API change. Also, will we be notified of an update from Dev if available here?

Just check for the canary builds or the unofficial one
16th September 2018, 12:23 PM |#27603  
Flag S****horpe
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So, I need help. Searching has given no decent results before anyone says.

Magisk Hide.....Works but i cant select all apps. My banks app doesnt just look through itself for root, it checks via the phone app and some other means which i am unsure of. So i usually hide root via magisk hide for every app installed, except the apps that i know i need root for, terminal emulator es file explorere etc. But on my note 9 on two different roms everytime i start ticking the hide boxes down the list after two or three the phone restarts and ends up in a bootloop. Whats the crack, is it a samsung security bug trying to prevent system changes or what. Also is there another way of addings apps to the hide list via a .prop or terminal emulator so i can just add everything at once.
16th September 2018, 12:27 PM |#27604  
Flag S.Jersey
Thanks Meter: 71

More
There is a whole thread on Magisk hide.
Did you search there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgray99c

So, I need help. Searching has given no decent results before anyone says.

Magisk Hide.....Works but i cant select all apps. My banks app doesnt just look through itself for root, it checks via the phone app and some other means which i am unsure of. So i usually hide root via magisk hide for every app installed, except the apps that i know i need root for, terminal emulator es file explorere etc. But on my note 9 on two different roms everytime i start ticking the hide boxes down the list after two or three the phone restarts and ends up in a bootloop. Whats the crack, is it a samsung security bug trying to prevent system changes or what. Also is there another way of addings apps to the hide list via a .prop or terminal emulator so i can just add everything at once.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
16th September 2018, 01:24 PM |#27605  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 505

More
@wancyber, Safety net is fine, checked it from Magisk Manager.
Yep, one module installed(Pluvius runtime), working fine.
16th September 2018, 03:27 PM |#27606  

More
Someone has an idea of what could trigger the installation of Magisk to be detected from the apps like FGO?
To make it simpler, if I use the Uninstaller all works fine, if I install magisk (canary or unofficial) and hide everything apps detect root... What could it be...?
16th September 2018, 03:52 PM |#27607  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua96

Someone has an idea of what could trigger the installation of Magisk to be detected from the apps like FGO?
To make it simpler, if I use the Uninstaller all works fine, if I install magisk (canary or unofficial) and hide everything apps detect root... What could it be...?

Have you gone through the Magisk Troubleshooting Guide?
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/HomePage

Especially Hiding root from apps?
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide
16th September 2018, 03:54 PM |#27608  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt

Have you gone through the Magisk Troubleshooting Guide?
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/HomePage

Especially Hiding root from apps?
https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskHide

Yep, only thing I haven't done, because I wasn't at home this week, is fully reset the device.
Strange things is that if I Uninstall magisk everything works, so there is not modification or app that cause the trigger...
16th September 2018, 04:01 PM |#27609  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,800

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killua96

Yep, only thing I haven't done, because I wasn't at home this week, is fully reset the device.
Strange things is that if I Uninstall magisk everything works, so there is not modification or app that cause the trigger...

One other thing, have you tried Didgeridoohan' Props Module? Sometimes that solves this.
https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...onfig-t3789228
16th September 2018, 04:11 PM |#27610  
Flag S****horpe
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So i asked a question and got nowhere, im trying a different route.

How do i modify the hidelist located at /sbin/.core/img/.core/ without ending in a bootloop
16th September 2018, 04:31 PM |#27611  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiZiO.Cover

Fu** autocorrection, of course I meant payback.

Here is my solution
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?p=77537265

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MC_Ohr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MC_Ohr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)