FORUMS

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,844 posts
Thanks Meter: 60,134

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 03:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
4th August 2016, 09:11 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

Holy crap.. everything universal with support for extensions. This platform could be the beginning of a new era in mods. @topjohnwu amazing work. Don't want to be rude, but personally I think the name of the project is not as awesome as the project itself. "Magisk" sounds a bit cheesy..

Do you have any other better option for a name?
I guess the intention was to make it easily Googlable by using a lesser known word.
4th August 2016, 09:24 AM |#22  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 2,397

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter499

@topjohnwu this new "magisk" method. It doesn't allow Android Pay to work on custom roms like CyanogenMod does it? If I remove SU from CyanogenMod and use your root.

Yeah, it won't enable it on custom ROMs AFAIK. The intention is to not disable it by rooting and Xposed'ing on stock.
4th August 2016, 09:25 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 970

Donate to Me
More
Is there a Uninstaller here as well? Seems like it isn't just a apk file to install

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk
4th August 2016, 09:35 AM |#24  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 41

More
So just to clarify...

I have successfully re-flashed the boot image for my ROM (Stock, pre-systemless-rooted for LG V10), which removed SuperSu, I flashed the V1 and then the phh's SuperUser mod, and have confirmed that both root is present, and that I passed a SafetyNet check...

In order to regain xposed, do I simply re-flash the latest systemless Xposed?

Thanks!
4th August 2016, 10:04 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Flashed fine here and working well except the magisk manager app keeps force closing, clearing data doesn't work.
4th August 2016, 10:20 AM |#26  
Flag Burnaby
Thanks Meter: 822

Donate to Me
More
Kudos to @topjohnwu.

Q1: Can the new "Nexus Launcher" be magisk-ized so I can try it with the proper GNow support without modifying my /system?
Q2: I've looked inside the zips, there are only arm and x86 files, does it mean amr64 isn't supported or is it covered by the arm files?

Again, thanks for brilliant thinking/coding.
4th August 2016, 10:22 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
For those of you experiencing crashing in magisk manager, you need to install https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uperuser&hl=en
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yousirname1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yousirname1 Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 10:39 AM |#28  
Flag Baltimore, MD
Thanks Meter: 41

More
So... Everything is working fine... Except that I can't figure out how to get xposed back...
4th August 2016, 11:20 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
If I want to update or change BusyBox how do I do this? Seems it's installed to /data/busybox/busybox
4th August 2016, 11:39 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2,393

More
@topjohnwu nice thread, looks interesting, you've been very busy by the looks
I thought I remembered the name... from sensation days
4th August 2016, 11:41 AM |#31  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 60,134

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by diongdyh

Oh wowww. Thanks!!
Error in the thread title: 2015.8.4

Thanks, title changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosggb

AMAZING!, now to be sure, if i have a rom and want to integrate Magisk, the correct order of flashing is:

1-rom
2-magisk
3-modded su (magisk compatible)

it's that the way?

Yes, you might want to include phh's root app to prevent confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swipp3r

Stuck at boot screen on the S7 Exynos variant, is this just for stock Android or did i do something wrong? I flashed the Magisk v1 then the phh root zip now im stuck at the boot screen 🤔

Could you give more info? Boot logcat etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykenyc

So wait, before i get excited this means things like viper4android can be installed without messing with system?

Yes, I can take a look at it. It should be simple to implement

Quote:

@topjohnwu this new "magisk" method. It doesn't allow Android Pay to work on custom roms like CyanogenMod does it? If I remove SU from CyanogenMod and use your root.

I don't use CM roms myself. If you can remove root completely from the PATH, you can take advantage of the Android Pay compatible feature of Magisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSUsername

Is there a Uninstaller here as well? Seems like it isn't just a apk file to install

Sent from my OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

I already stated the method to uninstall Magisk in the instructions. It is simple, and I don't think it requires an uninstaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenSpig

So just to clarify...

I have successfully re-flashed the boot image for my ROM (Stock, pre-systemless-rooted for LG V10), which removed SuperSu, I flashed the V1 and then the phh's SuperUser mod, and have confirmed that both root is present, and that I passed a SafetyNet check...

In order to regain xposed, do I simply re-flash the latest systemless Xposed?

Thanks!

Yes, flash v86.3 in my systemless Xposed thread. It is Magisk compatible (actually only works with Magisk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri

Kudos to @topjohnwu.

Q1: Can the new "Nexus Launcher" be magisk-ized so I can try it with the proper GNow support without modifying my /system?
Q2: I've looked inside the zips, there are only arm and x86 files, does it mean amr64 isn't supported or is it covered by the arm files?

Again, thanks for brilliant thinking/coding.

1. Anything is possible
2. 32 bit binaries will work on 64 bit systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenSpig

So... Everything is working fine... Except that I can't figure out how to get xposed back...

Just flash the systemless xposed zip. It is shat simple

Quote:

If I want to update or change BusyBox how do I do this? Seems it's installed to /data/busybox/busybox

This busybox is complete with key features used in Magisk, I think it is good enough
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topjohnwu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)