FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,838 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,960

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
23rd January 2019, 06:32 PM |#30621  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dims_Camper

Grab != Grab Driver app, even tho both of them asking for root access. When you revoke Grab root access, you can still open it right? Grab Driver isn't, it gave you huge pop upabout unrooting your device blahblah and closes itself.

Just like another mobile banking app ofc?

Maybe try MagiskHide props Config module's Hide feature ... with a previous Magisk like 17.3, as it is having problems now with latest Magisk

23rd January 2019, 08:24 PM |#30622  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Can't get V.18 to install - Bootloops
I have been working at this for a week.

I have a HTC M8 with viperRom installed. I had a heck of a time getting Magisk to work, as I had problems finding a stock boot.img and understanding what I needed to do, but I finally was successful and got it working fine with Magisk 16.

However, I CANNOT figure out how to upgrade to v18. I initially had to upgrade TWRP to the latest version as the install would fail. With the latest TWRP it no longer fails, but the phone will go into bootloops.

I can install TWRP backups and get everything working, but I cannot get v18 installed and have the phone boot.

I seem to recall that I saw a post that might have mentioned problems with Aroma installer, which ViperRom uses?

I have used the magisk uninstaller, flashed a stock boot image from an old TWRP backup, wiped Cache, flashed v18 from twrp and I get bootloops. I will attach a recovery log from my phone in a subsequent post, when I find where it was stored. I hope I have provided enough information, but please let me know if there is something else needed.
23rd January 2019, 09:03 PM |#30623  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeFace

I have exactly the same problem with Unity - based games. And not only me :
https://king4ng.wordpress.com/2018/0...ames-c8-users/
Hiding Magisk for those games doesn't help.
I'm attaching logs for two games: Desert Worms and Lara Croft Go.
Device: SM-T320 (Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4)
ROM: Resurrection Remix 5.8.5
Android 7.1.2
Magisk 18.0 and previous versions.

Hi, is there any chance for analysis by one of the developers? I think it's quite serious bug affecting many games.
23rd January 2019, 10:02 PM |#30624  
Animus
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyborian

Maybe try MagiskHide props Config module's Hide feature ... with a previous Magisk like 17.3, as it is having problems now with latest Magisk

Sounds promising to me, I only tried using the module on v18 this far. Might try someday, thanks for the suggestion.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dims_Camper For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dims_Camper Ad-Free
24th January 2019, 12:00 AM |#30625  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Here is the log. I had to redo things and this did not lead to a bootloop but I had to reinstall viperom. When it installed magisk manager was missing.
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (30.8 KB, 2 views)
24th January 2019, 12:51 AM |#30626  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
"Note 9 SM-N960
Quote:
Originally Posted by topjohnwu

This is the place for general support and discussion regarding "Public Releases", which includes both stable and beta releases.
All information, including troubleshoot guides and notes, are in the Announcement Thread

How to install Magisk on a Note 9 SM-N960W
24th January 2019, 03:59 AM |#30627  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,392

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawki

How to install Magisk on a Note 9 SM-N960W

Do you have twrp available for your device? If so, I would guess that would be the best way to install it. If you don't have twrp, then the patched boot.img may be the best, flashed in Odin.

I don't however have any Samsung devices to know for certain, though.
24th January 2019, 08:22 AM |#30628  
With MagiskHide, these two banking apps can still detect my Pixel 3 XL is rooted:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eezebanking.hk
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gseng.rbmobile

Excuse me, but should I report the problem here?

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

With MagiskHide, these two banking apps can still detect my Pixel 3 XL is rooted:

24th January 2019, 08:55 AM |#30629  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
im on v18 and everything hides fine, i know this because some apps detect root but when hidden they start to work, only issue i have had is google pay not working, also one other app which is my car insurance app.

is it because i have magisk.zip file on my phone, and maybe the apps search for the name magisk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akxak

The only way for me to solve this (OP 6, OOS 9.0.3) was a downgrade to Magisk 17.2. With that, MagiskHide worked again, Safetynet/CTR true and Google Pay working.

There is something seriously broken with the new hide approach in 18.0

24th January 2019, 09:30 AM |#30630  
I have tried deleting all "magisk" related files, but the banking apps can still detect root.
Enabling "core only mode", the banking apps work.
Disabling "core only mode", even with no module installed, the banking apps don't work.
24th January 2019, 09:34 AM |#30631  
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 7,430

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrfk

Here is the log. I had to redo things and this did not lead to a bootloop but I had to reinstall viperom. When it installed magisk manager was missing.

And have you tried installing the Manager apk manually (you'll find it on GitHub or in the Magisk zip)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kbugleung

I was bored so I tested both of those apps. They both look for and detect root, yes. But... With the Magisk Manager hidden and the apps on the Hide list neither of them detected root on my device.

In other words: There's no general issue, it's something about your setup. It could of course be that your device is affected by the intermittent failures of MagiskHide that some are experiencing on Magisk v18. For that there's currently no fix (except downgrading Magisk).

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kbugleung

I have tried deleting all "magisk" related files, but the banking apps can still detect root.
Enabling "core only mode", the banking apps work.
Disabling "core only mode", even with no module installed, the banking apps don't work.

Posting the Canary debug Magisk logs from both of those variations could be interesting. Please do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)