FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,857

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
7th February 2019, 08:59 AM |#31101  
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Barclays app is detecting root even with Barclays app hidden and Magisk manager renamed. Any ideas?

7th February 2019, 09:07 AM |#31102  
Flag Lecce
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Hi,

I am running Magisk 18100 and Manager 7.0.0 (185)

Superuser works just fine. Apps are able to obtain root permissions, but when it comes to module, the installed one actually work but whenever I try to update them they all get stuck at "Found /data/adb/magisk_merge.img" or at "Found /data/adb/magisk_merge.img".

If I install through recovery they work just fine.

How can I fix this? I've already tried re-installing magisk, but no luck.
7th February 2019, 09:22 AM |#31103  
Recognized Themer
Reno, NV
Thanks Meter: 14,152

Donate to Me
More
18.1 updated flawless through direct install on my OnePlus 6T love the new design!
7th February 2019, 09:33 AM |#31104  
Flag Sunny Cornwall ...
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Back on 17.3 because of the on/off safetynet issues with 18+ but it won't download the foss code to run the safetynet check. I say 'yes' to download the code then all that happens is a 'Safetynet API error'. I have a couple of other apps that run safetynet checks and they work OK, and safetynet is OK, just that MM won't/can't download the foss code.

Any clues as to where to start?

Ta.
7th February 2019, 10:02 AM |#31105  
Thanks Meter: 246

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyfender

You have to use the downloads tab to see modules available for download. The modules tab only shows modules you have installed. If the modules tab is blank, you don't have any modules installed, yet.

---------- Post added 7th February 2019 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was 6th February 2019 at 11:49 PM ----------

You should be able to skip updating. It should not be forcing you to update, I believe. Yes, an update is available will pop up, of course, but skip it and patch your stock boot.img with the current version (v17.3). Normally it does not force you, you just have to close that dialog. Newer versions of Magisk don't pop that up like that. Just click outside of that dialog and it will go away, if my memory serves me correctly.

The pop goes away like you say but there's no install button, just an update button, so i have to update to latest version in order to patch boot img which i dont want to.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhttn

Back on 17.3 because of the on/off safetynet issues with 18+ but it won't download the foss code to run the safetynet check. I say 'yes' to download the code then all that happens is a 'Safetynet API error'. I have a couple of other apps that run safetynet checks and they work OK, and safetynet is OK, just that MM won't/can't download the foss code.

Any clues as to where to start?

Ta.

Are you running Magisk Manager v6.1.0? as the problem your describing i had on v6.0.1?
7th February 2019, 10:22 AM |#31106  
Flag Plaridel, Bulacan
Thanks Meter: 43

More
I manage to install magisk on kitkat
Some modules is working fine but the superuser is not working

su: request rejected

No prompt dialouge are showing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-07-17-45-53.png
Views:	376
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	4701016  
7th February 2019, 10:40 AM |#31107  
Thanks Meter: 577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trel

This wasn't the solution for me, but it pointed me in the right direction. The after that didn't work, I checked logcats to see if it was failing to open or write anything. It couldn't write to its folder under /data/data

Nuked it, uninstalled and reinstalled and it looks like its working again. Still not sure how it broke, but I'm back up and running, and doesn't appear to be related to Magisk then, and is likely just coincidence on the timing.

Yep, you're right about that. It is probably the way I've done that just have mistaken the folders as it was a while ago. Happy to point the good direction.
Cheers
7th February 2019, 10:46 AM |#31108  
Flag Sunny Cornwall ...
Thanks Meter: 257

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahac85

… Are you running Magisk Manager v6.1.0? as the problem your describing i had on v6.0.1? …

Bingo! That was the problem. Installed 6.1.0 and all runs as expected now.

Many thanks.
7th February 2019, 10:57 AM |#31109  
Flag Београд (Beograd/Belgrade/Griechisch Weißenburg/Alba Graeca; Alba Bulgarica)
Thanks Meter: 2,104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koniii

I manage to install magisk on kitkat
Some modules is working fine but the superuser is not working

su: request rejected

No prompt dialouge are showing

Did you try to raise the timeout for the prompt?
If that does not help, switch "Automatic Response" to 'grant' in settings of MagiskManager.
The Following User Says Thank You to guest4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift guest4711 Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 11:02 AM |#31110  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,052

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

Anyone know how I can change the Environment variable PATH to add all my programs from Termux into it so that when I run a bootscript it can call programs in that directory?

Start your script with:
Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
PATH=$PATH:<directory you want to add>
<rest of script>
The Following User Says Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
7th February 2019, 11:22 AM |#31111  
Flag Plaridel, Bulacan
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest4711

Did you try to raise the timeout for the prompt?
If that does not help, switch "Automatic Response" to 'grant' in settings of MagiskManager.

I try it both but its no luck
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)