FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Magisk General Support / Discussion

1,839 posts
Thanks Meter: 56,698

By topjohnwu, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th August 2016, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from topjohnwu: Info regarding the next release
22nd February 2019, 03:16 PM |#31601  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Using Magisk v18.1 work fine on my Xiaomi Mi4s with miui.am rom, SafetyNet pass without bypass, banking app not detect root & spoof location work fine with smali patcher.
Thank's to @topjohnwu & @fOmey

22nd February 2019, 03:36 PM |#31602  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajejawa

Using Magisk v18.1 work fine on my Xiaomi Mi4s with miui.am rom, SafetyNet pass without bypass, banking app not detect root & spoof location work fine with smali patcher.
Thank's @topjhonwu & @fOmey

Hm. I was never able to pass Safety check. Both points are red colored. Maybe i'm unable to find the right way to fix it...
I'm using a Samsung Note 9 with unlocked bootloader and Dr. Ketan custom Pie rom P06.

Has someone a advice?

Many thanks in advance. 😊
22nd February 2019, 08:47 PM |#31603  
Flag Vladivostok
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Please tell me where to register the code from common/system.prop on device?
22nd February 2019, 08:53 PM |#31604  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,944

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Walker

Please tell me where to register the code from common/system.prop on device?

That makes very little sense... Could you be more detailed as to what you're trying to achieve?
22nd February 2019, 09:08 PM |#31605  
Flag Vladivostok
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgeridoohan

That makes very little sense... Could you be more detailed as to what you're trying to achieve?

I want to found some integrated patch in rom. I have magisk module with system.prop. but I cant found changed/add info in system/build.prop or vendor/build.prop
22nd February 2019, 09:28 PM |#31606  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 6,944

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_Walker

I want to found some integrated patch in rom. I have magisk module with system.prop. but I cant fount changed/add info in system/build.prop or vendor/build.prop

Are you saying that you are applying some new prop values with a module and system.prop, but you're not seeing the changes in the build.prop files? You won't...

Magisk doesn't actually change the file, but loads a new value instead of the one from build.prop. Check the new value with the getprop command in a terminal emulator.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Didgeridoohan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Didgeridoohan Ad-Free
23rd February 2019, 01:46 AM |#31607  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klusio19

I'm rooted with Magisk and I have some modules installed. Can I make backup in TWRP? After restoring this backup will I have any problems with root?
Or it's better to uninstall modules and Magisk and then make backup?

Yes. No. No.
The Following User Says Thank You to kotuamoalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kotuamoalt Ad-Free
23rd February 2019, 02:37 AM |#31608  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mi mix 3 here. Miui global 10.0.11.0. Magisk does not get installed version 18 or 18.1. O just can install 17.3 with magisk manager 6.1.0(165). Smartphone lose root when trying to install 18.0 or 18.1 in twrp, and magisk manager says magisk is not installed... Anyone having these issues as well? Thanks
23rd February 2019, 02:40 AM |#31609  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Is anyone else having soft reboots (back to boot animation, skipping bootloader) with 18.1 when the system is under stress? (eg. Android Auto, Maps, Phone simultaneously active.)

I'm stuck on 17.3 due to this problem. (Nexus 5X, stock OPM7.181205.001)
23rd February 2019, 03:41 AM |#31610  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Even with magisk 18.1 + magisk hide, the app of my bank account (br.com.bradesco.next) is able to detect root and won't let me sign in. Yeah they're that dumb.

This didn't happen with previous versions of magisk though which was hiding root effectively, for instance 17.0 hid root consistently and 17.1 intermittently.

Any suggestions for me? I'd like to login to bank account and maintain root. This is happening on a Motorola z2 play Stock ROM Android 8.0 + unlocked bootloader

I can provide multiple logcats if necessary just let me know what I have to do to help
23rd February 2019, 04:58 AM |#31611  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,880

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heynando

Even with magisk 18.1 + magisk hide, the app of my bank account (br.com.bradesco.next) is able to detect root and won't let me sign in. Yeah they're that dumb.

This didn't happen with previous versions of magisk though which was hiding root effectively, for instance 17.0 hid root consistently and 17.1 intermittently.

Any suggestions for me? I'd like to login to bank account and maintain root. This is happening on a Motorola z2 play Stock ROM Android 8.0 + unlocked bootloader

I can provide multiple logcats if necessary just let me know what I have to do to help

Have you hidden Magisk Manager? Stop bank app and delete data+cache after doing that. For more see https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk...HideHidingRoot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcmm11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jcmm11 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)